- I have never voted for a Republican for President in my life.
- Thus, I did not vote for Trump.
- I have rarely voted for a Republican for national office in my life.
Given that Trump has been in office for a year and we are at the end of that calendar year, I thought, that as someone who did not vote for him, it would be a good idea to review the horror, trauma, and terrible things that Trump has subjected the country to in just one short year. The first two posts we did on this topic identified 62 things that have happened since Trump became President:
The following list adds to those initial 62 successes:
1) After a two year increase in big city murders in the last two years under the Obama administration, the country’s overall murder rate in big cities declined in 2017 under Trump with New York City experiencing 290 murders, the lowest number since 1951, and Los Angeles having its 8th consecutive year in which murders were under 300.
2) Under the Trump economy, the African American unemployment rate has fallen to the lowest level in at least 45 years, 6.8% according to CNBC reporting and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
3) According to Reuters, the US economy in Trump’s first year as President added 2 million jobs despite the depression of job creation because of the hurricanes of 2017.
4) Many of the new jobs were in higher paying industries such as construction, professional and business services, and manufacturing vs. lower paying retail industry which saw a slight loss in jobs.
5) According to Paul Bedard, reporting for the Washington Examiner on January 4, 2018, the number of companies that have given bonuses to their employees, increased their charitable donations, or reinvested into their company as a result of the Trump tax cut is now over at least 100 companies including, but limited to:
- We have previously covered how AT&T, Boeing, Fifth Third Bank,Wells Fargo, and Comcast have given employees and charities billions of dollars from the Trump tax cuts.
- AAON — $1,000 bonus checks to 2,000 employees.
- AccuWeather – year-end bonuses to all employees. (Approx. 450 – 500 employees)
- Aflac – increase 401(k) match from 50% to 100% on the first 4% of compensation plus one-time $500 contribution to every employee’s 401(k); $250 million increase in overall U.S. investment.
- American Airlines — $1,000 bonuses for every employee (excluding officers). The bonuses will total $130 million. AA had 127,600 employees as of Sept. 2017.
- American Bank – $1,000 bonuses for 60 employees
- American Savings Bank – $1,000 bonuses to 1,150 employees; base wage increase from $12.21 to $15.25
- Americacollect – $300 - $500 bonuses for 250 employees
- Aquesta Financial Holdings — $1,000 bonuses to 95 employees; base wage hike to $15 per hour
- Associated Bank – $500 employee bonuses (exact number receiving bonus unknown at this time); base wage will rise from $10 to $15 per hour
- Bank of Hawaii – $1,000 bonuses to 2,074 employees; base wage increase from $12 to $15
- Bank of the Ozarks – Bonuses of up to $1,200 for 2,300 employees
- BB&T – $1,200 bonuses for 27,000 employees; base wage will rise from $12 to $15 per hour; $100 million in charitable donations
- Canary LLC – due to tax reform, the company will hire more employees and increase capital spending.
- Central Pacific Bank – all 850 employees will receive $1,000 bonuses; base wage will rise from $12 to $15.25
- Citizens Financial Group — $1,000 bonuses for 12,500 employees and $10 million for charitable donations
- Comerica Bank — $1,000 to 4,500 non-officer employees; base wage increase to $15 per hour
- Community Trust Bancorp — $1,000 bonuses for full time employees and $500 bonuses for part-time employees (exact number receiving bonus unknown at this time)
- Copperleaf Assisted Living – $200 - $600 bonuses for 175 employees
- Dayton T. Brown Inc. (engineering/testing company) — $400 bonuses for each of the 210 employees
- Delaware Supermarkets Inc. — $150 extra bonuses to 1,000 non-management personnel.
- Express Employment Professionals — $2,000 bonuses to more than 200 non-executive employees
- First Hawaiian Bank – $1,500 bonuses to 2,264 employees; base wage increase to $15
- First Horizon National Corp. – $1,000 bonuses to 4,000 employees
- Gate City Bank — $1,000 hand-delivered bonus checks to 538 non-management personnel; $500,000 higher charitable giving; $500,000 worth of free home appraisals.
- INB Bank — $500 bonuses to 200 employees. The bonuses will exclude the Senior Management Team. The base wage will be raised to $15 per hour
- Kansas City Southern — $1,000 bonuses. (Exact number receiving bonus unknown at this time; the company employs 6,485)
- Melaleuca – all 2,000 employees will receive a $100 bonus for each year they have worked at the company
- National Bank Holdings Corporation – $1,000 bonuses for employees making less than $50,000 (exact number receiving bonus unknown at this time)
- Nationwide Insurance — $1,000 bonuses to 29,000 employees; increased 401(k) matching contributions for 33,000 employees
- Navient – 98% of Navient’s 6,700 employees will receive a $1,000 bonus (approx. 6,566 bonus-eligible employees)
- Nelnet — $1,000 bonuses for 4,100 employees
- OceanFirst Financial Corp. – base wage increase to $15 per hour
- Ohnward Bancshares — $1,000 bonuses for all 260 employees
- Pinnacle Bank — $1,000 bonuses for 1,007 employees
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. — $1,000 bonuses to 47,500 employees; an additional $1,500 in employee pension accounts; base wage hike to $15; $200 million charitable contribution
- Regions Financial Corporation – base wage increase to $15 per hour; $40 million in charitable donations; $100 million in capital expenditures
- Rush Enterprises – $1,000 bonuses for all 6,600 employees
- Sinclair Broadcast Group — $1,000 bonuses for 9,000 employees
- Southwest Airlines — $1,000 bonuses for all 55,000 employees; $5 million additional charitable donations
- TCF Financial Corporation — $1,000 bonuses for full time employees; $500 bonuses for part time employees (exact number receiving bonus unknown at this time);
- The Flood Insurance Agency — $1,000 bonuses for 17 full time employees
- Territorial Savings Bank — $1,000 bonuses to 247 employees; base wage hike from $11.25 to $15.00 per hour
- Turning Point Brands, Inc. — $1,000 bonuses for 107 employees
- Unity Bank – all 200 non-executive employees will receive a $750 bonus
- U.S. Bancorp – $1,000 bonuses for 60,000 employees; base wage hike to $15 per hour; $150 million charitable contribution
To see Mr. Bedard’s entire article that also includes the press releases praising the tax cuts go to the following link:
So for those of you that feared the end of the world with Trump’s election, here is a list of more 49 Trump benefits and accomplishments to go with the list of 62 accomplishments we published a few days ago. Let’s be honest Trump haters, he has done a pretty good job in just the first twelve months of his term.
Given your gross error in judgement relative to Trump, let me ask that you to do us all a favor by implementing the following changes in your behavior and attitude:
- Chill out, tamp down your TDS affliction. No matter how much you hate Trump on a sexist, personal basis, get over it. He is the legally and duly elected President, he will be around for a while so refocus your hatred on more constructive issues and matters. You will live a lot longer if you take your hatred out of your heart and soul and devote it to something positive.
- I would really appreciate it if some of you would apologize to the Trump voters you have disrespected in some of the grossest terms possible over the past year. You have called millions of voters racists, ignorant, stupid, Nazis, KKK members, and other horrible names simply because you disagreed with their voting choice. No American should be called such disgusting names simply because they exercised their Constitutional rights to the best of their abilities. Plus, slandering over 60 million Americans is no way to unite the country and get it focused on the real issues facing us all.
- More personally, I would like, no I am demanding, an apology from some of you for your slanderous and disgusting name calling because in doing so, you insulted and disrespected my sister, my family members, my friends, and my co-workers who simply voted their conscience. I will defend their right to vote anyway they wanted and will no put up with your childish and vicious venom and bile directed at them, very important people in my life
- And finally, I challenge you to read the following blog post, a post that shows quite clearly that it was hateful people like some of you and your silence during the Obama years that actually caused Trump to be elected. Thus, the people you hate for voting for Trump are actually looking back at you in the mirror:
If you were silent in the dozens of instances listed in this post then you were responsible for the very thing you hate: a Trump Presidency. Or put another way, a so far successful and productive Trump Presidency. Over 100 accomplishments in less than a year is not too shabby despite many of wanting both Trump and the country to fail.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: