- I have never voted for a Republican for President in my life.
- Thus, I did not vote for Trump.
- I have rarely voted for a Republican for national office in my life.
- According to CNBC, Home Depot’s hourly employees will get a one time cash bonus as high as $1,000 as a result of the Trump tax changes.
- The amount of the bonus will be based on length of employment service with new employees getting $200 and more tenured employees getting $1,000.
- According to Home Depot CEO, Craig Menear: "This incremental investment in our associates was made possible by the new tax reform bill. We are pleased to be able to provide this additional reward to our associates."
- 125,000 Disney employees will get $1,000 bonus payments as a result of the Trump tax cut.
- The company will also donate $50 million into a new employee education program.
- According to CEO Bob Iger: “"We are directing approximately $125 million to our cast members and employees across the country and making higher education more accessible with the launch of this new program."
- The bonus applies to both full time and part time employees but excludes executive level employees.
- CNBC reported that Apple will make a $350 billion “contribution” to the U.S. economy over the next five years.
- $30 billion will be invested into capital expenditures which would result in 20,000 new domestic jobs and a new headquarters building and campus.
- According to Apple CEO Tim Cook: “We have a deep sense of responsibility to give back to our country and the people who help make our success possible.”
- Apple released the following good news press release: “Combining new investments and Apple’s current pace of spending with domestic suppliers and manufacturers — an estimated $55 billion for 2018 — Apple’s direct contribution to the US economy will be more than $350 billion over the next five years, not including Apple’s ongoing tax payments, the tax revenues generated from employees’ wages and the sale of Apple products… Planned capital expenditures in the US, investments in American manufacturing over five years and a record tax payment upon repatriation of overseas profits will account for approximately $75 billion of Apple’s direct contribution …Apple, already the largest US taxpayer, anticipates repatriation tax payments of approximately $38 billion as required by recent changes to the tax law. A payment of that size would likely be the largest of its kind ever made.”
- According to Reuters, the national economy added 2.1 million jobs in Trump’s first year as President.
- The 2.1 million jobs created is more than enough to cover the growth in the working age population.
- Average hourly earnings were up 9 cents/.3% in December, 2017, after rising only .1% the month before, bringing the entire year’s increase to a healthy 2.5%.
- Unemployment finished the year at 4.1%, close to what economists would call full employment.
- The economy grew a health 2.6% in the fourth quarter of 12017 despite trying to recover from massive disruptions caused by major hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
- Chill out, tamp down your TDS affliction. No matter how much you hate Trump on a sexist, personal basis, get over it. He is the legally and duly elected President, he will be around for a while so refocus your hatred on more constructive issues and matters. You will live a lot longer if you take your hatred out of your heart and soul and devote it to something positive.
- I would really appreciate it if some of you would apologize to the Trump voters you have disrespected in some of the grossest terms possible over the past year. You have called millions of voters racists, ignorant, stupid, Nazis, KKK members, and other horrible names simply because you disagreed with their voting choice. No American should be called such disgusting names simply because they exercised their Constitutional rights to the best of their abilities. Plus, slandering over 60 million Americans is no way to unite the country and get it focused on the real issues facing us all.
- More personally, I would like, no I am demanding, an apology from some of you for your slanderous and disgusting name calling because in doing so, you insulted and disrespected my sister, my family members, my friends, and my co-workers who simply voted their conscience. I will defend their right to vote anyway they wanted and will no put up with your childish and vicious venom and bile directed at them, very important people in my life
- And finally, I challenge you to read the following blog post, a post that shows quite clearly that it was hateful people like some of you and your silence during the Obama years that actually caused Trump to be elected. Thus, the people you hate for voting for Trump are actually looking back at you in the mirror:
P.S. After this post was first published, it has come to our attention that 54,000 Ford workers will receive bonuses of about $7,500 this year based on the great sales year that Ford had in 2017. Another instance where at the very least, Trump did not screw things up.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: