Let’s get started:
1) Democrats running for President have been very hard on corporate America and Trump’s business tax cuts. Never mind that American companies create untold wealth and economic growth and that the Trump tax cuts have led to historically low unemployment rates for all sections of Americans.
And Obama was no better as he tried to close out a business loophole from a tax perspective. But do not tell Joe Biden any of this, a man who is both a Democratic Presidential candidate and Obama’s Vice President:
- According to Brittany De Lea, writing for Fox Business News on July 10, 2019, Biden exploited a business tax loophole to tremendous self enrichment levels, a business tax loophole that Obama had tried to eliminate.
- Apparently Biden and his wife have taken profits from their book sales and speeches and funneled them through S corporations in order to minimize their tax impacts.
- This S corporation strategy saved them about $500,000 in Federal taxes.
- This allowed the Bidens to avoid massive payroll taxes such as Social Security and Medicare.
- And despite being just a politician, Biden and his wife have earned a remarkable $15 million in the TWO years since he left office.
2) According to Gallup polling, gun control is about the 20th most important issue that concerns Americans. That means that there are 19 or so more important things that politicians should be focusing on before tackling a likely fictitious issue called gun control.
But that has not stopped Presidential candidate Kamala Harris from harping on the need for gun control, even if it means violating the Constitution:
- Harris recently dropped the un-Constitutional threat that if Congress does not act on her gun control plans she will violate the Constitution and do whatever she wants.
- Her words: “Gun violence is the leading cause of death for young Black men in America. We must stop this. When president, I will take executive action to ensure guns do not fall into the wrong hands.”
- And not only is she threatening to bypass the Constitution she issued an ultimatum to Congress: if Congress does not do what she demands within the first 100 days she will ignore them and do what she wants.
3) But Harris is not the only "damn the Second Amendment" politician out there. New Jersey’s governor, Phil Murphy, recently signed four new gun control bills. This is about a year after he signed six other gun control laws.
Components of these laws include the following:
- Every gun dealer in the state now has to sell at least one “smart gun” that can only be fired by designated users.
- Criminals that previously had convictions of carjacking and making terroristic threats can now no longer buy guns in the state.
- It is now a third degree crime if someone tries to obtain a gun who is not allowed to have one.
- Encourages, not requires, gun retail dealers and operators of shooting ranges to attend a suicide prevention course.
- Require guns to be locked away when the New Jersey gun owner leaves their home or premises.
- Make it a second-degree crime in New Jersey to act as a straw purchaser and a third-degree crime to transport, sell or possess a firearm without a federally licensed serial number.
- Require gun owners in the state to renew their gun id card every four years and prove they have attended a gun safety training course.
- Require that a New Jerseyan be at least 21 years old in order to buy gun ammunition in the state.
- Require ammunition sales outlets to report their sales to the State Police.
- Do we really think that gun toting criminals are going to go to a gun safety course every four years?
- Do we really think that gun toting criminals are going to renew their gun id card every four years?
- Do we really think that gun toting criminals care what the degree of criminality exists?
- Do we really think that gun toting criminals care about smart guns?
- Do we really think that gun toting criminals care about locking up their guns when not home?
- Do we really think gun toting criminals care it is a third-degree crime to transport, sell or possess a firearm without a federally licensed serial number?
4) According to a recent Godfather Politics article by Warner Todd Huston, Senator and Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders quite the hypocrite when comes to having a minimum wage of $15 an hour:
- Sanders has hassled companies like McDonalds and Walmart for underpaying these companies’ employees.
- He has been a national advocate for a Federal mandated $15 an hour minimum wage.
- But his hypocrisy was uncovered when it recently became known that while he has badgering private companies to raise their employees wages to at least $15 an hour, he does not pay many of his staff this level of wages, with many of them getting only $13 an hour.
- An organized group of Bernie’s employees have sent a letter to Sanders campaign manager, Faiz Shakir: “Many field staffers are barely managing to survive financially, which is severely impacting our team’s productivity and morale. Some field organizers have already left the campaign as a result.”
That will do it for today: Democrats focus on a minor issue relative to Americans priorities and rich politicians consider themselves above the law and not bound by decency or integrity. More insanity to follow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: