Their ineptness is easily illustrated by their own words. Politicians that have no concept of simple math, e.g. you cannot have more people losing their jobs every week than which live in the country (Nancy Pelosi).
Politicians that would rather see American citizens who differing views from them on a issues “go to hell” rather than have a civilized, adult conversation about those issues (Maxine Walters).
Politicians that have no accurate concept of American history, e.g. Joe Biden who thinks that FDR went on television when the Great Depression hit, not knowing that the Great Depression hit before he was in office and before TV was more than a lab experiment.
Nowhere have we been able to find a recent politician’s quote that offered hope, change, insight, and solutions to our problems. All great American political quotes are attributable to politicians/leaders that lived long ago, e.g. Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Kennedy, etc. It could be that great leaders have greats words to say and great quotes and that is why we cannot find any form the current set of politicians running the country.
Unfortunately, we could not get all of the inane and stupid quotes into only two posts and need today to finish the job…for now. I am sure more evidence of the ineptness of the current political class will come forth, to be reviewed here, in the coming months.
One disclaimer before we finish up with up. I am sure that my liberal friends and family members will eventually tell me that I am biased in that I did not include George Bus quotes, Sarah Palin quotes, Mitt Romney quotes, etc. And they would be correct, I purposely omitted their quotes but for good reason. Bush, Palin, Romney, etc. are no longer in office and are unlikely to be in public/political office anytime soon.
They have really no impact on my life, my family, and my freedoms. Thus, I do not worry about what they say or think. I only worry about the knuckleheads that are in office today because every day, they negatively impact my life, my family, and my freedom at an alarming rate. Their incompetence deserves to be called out, using their own words. For all to see how poorly they are serving every one in this country.
Okay, let’s finish up the latest uncovered insanity quotes from the current political class.
1) ''I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it.'' Former U.S. Senator and current Secretary of State John Kerry, on voting against a military funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq, March 19, 2004. I guess he has all the bases covered and thus, cannot be wrong.
2) ''Our economy, I think, is still -- the fundamentals of our economy are strong.'' Senator John McCain on September 15, 2008. Shortly thereafter, major Wall Street banks collapsed, the economy imploded and the Great Recession started, the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Kind of missed the boat on that prediction, Senator.
3) "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." Vice President Joe Biden. I am still trying to figure out how Paula Deen got so lambasted and screwed for something she said decades ago while this politician can get away with this kind of racist statement.
4) "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." Former Senator and Vice President and current global warming maniac Al Gore. Sorry Mr. Gore, but…no…you did not create the Internet. Smart scientists and engineers created the Internet, not some Washington politician.
5) "We're seeing the reality of a lot of the North Pole starting to evaporate, and we could get to a tipping point. Because if it evaporates to a certain point - they have lanes now where ships can go that couldn't ever sail through before. And if it gets to a point where it evaporates too much, there's a lot of tundra that's being held down by that ice cap." Congressman Henry Waxman. Thanks for the info, Congressman, I always wondered what was holding down the tundra and now I know.
6) "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, DC. Yeah, that’s a shame that you cannot take out the murders, that really would have improved your crime results. But you cannot take them out. [I included Mr. Barry’s quotes since even though he is not currently in office, he has been known to reappear many times over in public life.]
7) "We'd like to avoid problems, because when we have problems, we can have troubles." Wesley Bolin, former governor of Arizona. It is amazing how many times troubles and problems spring up at exactly the same time. Uncanny coincidences.
8) "I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less." Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, DC. It’s called term limits, Mr. Barry, term limits.
9) "A zebra does not change its spots." Al Gore. Huh?
10) "Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.'' Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann. I would bet that there are, indeed, at least a few studies that show carbon dioxide is harmful.
11) "We have a lot of work to do. It's a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq-Pakistan border." John McCain. What makes it extra hard is that Iraq and Pakistan do not share a common border.
12) "Can I explain to you what happened? First of all it happened during a period after she was in remission from cancer." Former Sen. John Edwards, on cheating on his wife. Well, that makes the adultery okay, she was in cancer remission when you had the affair, how very decent of you. Thanks for the explanation.
13) “I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.” Hillary Clinton. Spoken on her visit to Bosnia in 1996, contradicting every other account that said there was no threat or actual of gunfire. Clinton later said she "misspoke." How can you mispeak about people shooting guns at you? It either happened or it did not happen.
14) "I'm just not giving it up for f***in' nothing. I'm not gonna do it. And, and I can always use it. I can parachute me there." ... "Give this motherf****r Obama his senator? F**k him. For nothing. F**k him.'" Former Illinois Governor, and current state penitentiary convict, Rod Blagojevich. Nice language, true leadership in those words.
15) “There are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that.” Barack Obama. This quote I find particularly disgusting and disgraceful, he has obviously not operated a small business of any kind and does not recognize the major sacrifices small businesses and their owners own make. To assert they did not build their businesses is the utmost Washington condescension of all time.
16) “No, no. I have been practicing... I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." Barack Obama. Paula Deen syndrome again, how does he not got skewered for a heartless statement like this?
18) “Our assessment is that the Egyptian government is stable.” Hillary Clinton, shortly before the country exploded and its long time dictator was toppled. Must come from the John McCain school of forecasting (see McCain quote above.)
19) “I had the great honor in seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person I was able to award the Medal Of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.” Barack Obama. But Monti died in 2006 and received the medal in 2009, the true definition of posthumously.
20) “Well, the good news is that emissions are down because of the economy.” Senator Claire McCaskill. Great news, Senator. If we can another ten or twenty million more Americans to lose their jobs then the air would be really clean.
21) “We used to have the best infrastructure in the world. We are the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad.” Barack Obama. Sorry, Transcontinental railroad, no such thing as the Intercontinental Railroad. Are you sure you were born here, given such a bad grasp of U.S. history?
I am going to finish this series with seven quotes from Hillary Clinton. I include them since up until recently she was a top member of Obama’s Cabinet, serving as secretary of state. She is highly likely to be a Presidential candidate in 2016. Thus, she will likely be in our lives at least for a little while longer.
Before we review her quotes, let me share an old saying that has guided me through the years: “The reason a person curses and swears is that they are not creative enough or intelligent enough at that moment not to curse or swear.”
Now, ask yourself, given the following Hillary quotes and my quote, do we really think that she is creative enough and intelligent enough to lead or become President when this is how she behaves around other human beings and how she treats other human beings? I cannot imagine other great leaders from our past behaving as she reportedly does.
All of these quotes are cited with the sources they come from, they are no made up on my part, I am just reporting them from other sources, none of whom to my knowledge have been sued by her for false representation of facts.
#1 “Where is the G*damn f**king flag! I want the G*damn f**king flag up every morning at f**king sunrise.” Inside the White House by Ronald Kessler, p.244- Hillary to staff at the Arkansas Governor’s mansion on Labor Day 1991.
#2 “F**k off! It’s enough I have to see you shit-kickers every day, I’m not going to talk to you too!! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut.” America Evita by Christopher Anderson, p.90-Hillary to her State Trooper body guards after one of them greeted her with “Good Morning.”
#3 “If you want to remain on this detail, get your f**king ass over here and grab those bags!” The First Partner p.259- Hillary to a Secret Service Agent who was reluctant to carry her luggage because he wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident.
#4 “Stay the f**k back, stay the f**k back away from me! Don’t come within ten yards of me, or else! Just f**king do as I say, Okay!!?” Unlimited Access by Clinton FBI Agent in Charge, Gary Aldrige, p.139- Hillary screaming at her Secret Service detail.
#5 “Where’s the miserable c**k sucker!” The Truth About Hillary by Edward Klein, p.5- Hillary shouting at a Secret Service officer.
#6 “You f**king idiot” Crossfire p.84-Hillary to a State Trooper who was driving her to an event.
#7 “Put this on the ground! I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need those sunglasses. We need to go back!” Dereliction of Duty p.71-72– Hillary to Marine One helicopter pilot to turn back while en route to Air Force One.
There you have it. Politicians that curse and swear like drunken sailors and are about as effective in getting things accomplished as drunken sailors.
Politicians that do not know American history.
Politicians that are lousy forecasters which makes them lousy legislators who cannot anticipate the future to any degree at all.
Politicians that insult those that work for them, Special Olympic participants, and Indians.
What a disgrace. Time to dump them all out of office and start again, because really, how much worse could it get:
Our book, "Love My Country, Loathe My Government - Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom And Destroying The American Political Class" is now available at:
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com