- In a recent interview, California Democrat Ted Lieu publicly stated that he wants to restrict and regulate the bedrock of our country and our freedoms, the First Amendment’s guarantee of free speech.
- Specifically, "However, I would love to be able to regulate the content of speech. The First Amendment prevents me from doing so, and that's simply a function of the First Amendment, but I think over the long run, it's better the government does not regulate the content of speech."
- He would also like to regulate Fox News, destroying freedom of the press in addition to freedom of speech.
- This twenty something, former bartender has not served a day in office but recently labeled a former four star, career marine general a coward.
- That is what she called former Trump chief of staff, John Kelly, a coward.
- Ocasio-Cortez tweeted out that Kelly should apologize to Congresswoman Frederica Wilson when he called her an “empty barrel” for disclosing the contents of Trump’s phone call with a Gold Star family.
3) While Ted Lieu fantasizes about eliminating the First Amendment via regulation, a former Congressman is taking a different approach to dismantling the Constitution:
- Former Congressman John Dingell would like to see both the Senate and the Electoral College eliminated.
- The Senate and Electoral College were brilliant government processes that were put in place to protect the rights of all Americans and especially the rights of Americans living in smaller, less populated states from having their rights overwhelmed by larger, more populated states,
- They are both brilliant check and balance devices to keep government and the politicians that operate government under control.
- It is funny that Dingell never called for their elimination when election results went Democrats’ way and the Democrat had a Senate majority, also quite hypocritical.
- The system of government put forth in the Constitution tried to ensure that no political party or bloc of citizens ever had total control of government
One good sign that AOC [Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez] should run for president is that she has a nickname — AOC.”
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: