- She is a Congresswoman who majored in economics in college but does not know the real definition of the unemployment rate.
- She must have taken business classes if she was an economic major but still had no concept of the economic bonanza that Amazon would have brought to her Congressional district when she helped chase the company away.
- She thinks Medicaid is a well run operation that is cheaper than private healthcare, radically wrong on both points.
- She says that Americans should be “excited” about “being automated out of work.”
- She is pushing a disaster known as the “New Green Deal” which also included getting rid of cows, getting rid of air travel, and giving free money to anyone who decided they did not want to earn money at a job.
- She totally misread a Pentagon audit report and claimed that the Pentagon had misspent $26 TRILLION over a ten year period even though the TOTAL Pentagon budget over those years was less than half of that.
- It is not a tax scam for the rich, these people earned that money, they did not scam it from the poor.
- Who said letting people get out from debt that they knowingly incurred is a good idea?
- And by the way Congresswoman, there is not $2.3 TRILLION laying ground that we are giving to the rich, it is money they will not be paying in future taxes.
- This is the same mistake you made when you thought that the $3 billion that Amazon was getting for moving into your Congressional district was somehow an existing pot of money that could be reallocated to other uses, it is a future reduction in taxes, not a current bucket of taxes.
- Colin Moriarity: “I made an awful call as a kid, lived on campus, and walked out of NU $60k in debt, all because of private school room & board in a big city.I paid every penny back, with interest, 10 years early. Do I get my debt forgiven, too, or do I get to pay the Taking Responsibility Tax?"
- Red Tide: “I paid back every dollar of my student loans. It's called taking responsibility for one's debts. It's what grown-ups do.”
- “Vmf9569: “I agree with 1/2 of this. If you cancel their debt I want my debt canceled. I didnt go to college bc I couldn’t afford it. They did and now you are saying I should pay for their college? Why? Bc debt is hard to pay off? Yes, it is. Get a second and third job like I have.”
- Am pollitcalnmoderate bol: “It’s the price of education, it’s not easy but it’s a choice people make, it’s not like he was forced to do it. He chose to, forgiving debts is just another way we’ll make people lazy and allow people to get away with horrible financial decisions with no consequences.”
- Jess: “Yes let’s teach kids that when you borrow money you don’t have to return it. What a great lesson. I paid back all my loans. Sure I had a small amount compared to others but you still borrowed the money. We need to teach these ADULTS life lessons such as this.”
- It has been no surprise that over the past few years many Americans have fled high taxation states like New York, Illinois, and New Jersey for lower taxed states like Florida and Texas.
- Florida ranks number one in economic freedom from a recent study while New York finishes dead last.
- The fact that Florida has no state income tax while New York has a very high state income tax rate explains a lot of this difference and why many New Yorkers are leaving the state in droves.
- And this is where the karma and irony comes into play since, according to the New York Post, Ocasio-Cortez’s mother, despite her daughter’s call for higher and higher taxes, has actually moved out of New York to Florida to, wait for it, to avoid high taxation.
- Specifically: “I was paying $10,000 a year in real estate taxes up north. I’m paying $600 a year in Florida. It’s stress-free down here,” Blanca Ocasio-Cortez told the Daily Mail.
- Former Florida Rick Scott and current Florida Senator laid it out for Ocasio-Cortez: “The elites in New York and Washington should commission a study of Florida to see what happens when conservative ideas are put into practice. …Florida’s economy is thriving, expanding at a record pace. …There’s a reason Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s mom left New York for Florida. And there’s a reason companies are fleeing high-tax states, bringing jobs with them to Florida.”
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: