- Social media is red hot with fans expressing their disgust at the players’ and Goodell’s disrespectful behavior.
- Fans are vowing not to buy NFL tickets and memorabilia, boycotting NFL sponsors, and not watching NFL games on TV any more.
- Fans that have purchased special and expensive NFL TV packages have been asking for and receiving refunds on their purchases.
- First and foremost, President Trump should have never entered the fray, this is a marketplace matter, it does not have anything to do with Federal government functions. Trump should have been focusing on much more important national matters including a potential nuclear war with North Korea, the mess in Syria, terrorism in general, the repeal of the disastrous Obama Care legislation, tax reform, and any number of other pressing matters.
- But having said that, Obama also should have also kept his nose out of non Federal government, trivial matters: he should not have taken time off as President to record a commercial for a comedian’s (George Lopez) TV show, he should not have wasted so much time prancing and primping around on daytime talk shows like The View, Ellen, and others, he should not have wasted so much time every March thinking that he was an expert in picking March Madness games and going on ESPN to brag about his picks (which were never any good.), etc. He should have been focusing on much more important national matters including a potential nuclear war with North Korea, the mess in Syria, terrorism in general, the repeal of the disastrous Obama Care legislation, tax reform, and any number of other pressing matters.
- Goodell comes off as hyper hypocritical in this matter. When players wanted to mark up their sneakers to honor those that died on 9-11 he stopped them because it was not consistent with and was disrespectful of league uniform rules. When a player wanted to mark up his spikes to honor his mother, he stopped the gesture because it was not consistent with and was disrespectful of league uniform rules. When the Dallas Cowboys wanted to put a decal on their helmets to honor the five Dallas police officers that were murdered by a domestic terrorist, he stopped the gesture because it was not consistent with and was disrespectful of league uniform rules. But when a bunch of players disrespect the flag, the country and the national anthem, acts of defiance that are not consistent with league rules, he goes mute. When quarterback Colin Kaepernick comes to an NFL practice wearing socks that depicted all cops as pigs, surely inconsistent with NFL uniform rules, Goodell was silent. So hypocritical.
- In fact, he got himself in a snit by claiming that Trump disrespected the league. He needs to keep in mind that the NFL needs America, America does not need the NFL. His players and employees disrespect the flag and country and those that protect us and he’s upset because he thinks that the league got disrespected, give me a break.
- Last week, a New York Giants receiver, Odell Beckham, caught a touchdown pass and as part of his post score antics he got down on all four legs and acted like a male dog taking a piss on a bush. To my knowledge as of today, Goodell has not reprimanded or punished Beckham for such crass and disgusting behavior but he tolerates the disrespecting of the country, the anthem, and the flag.
- But probably the other biggest screw up by Goodell, besides his super hypocrisy, is that all of these player protests, supposedly against racism in America, are totally useless. These protests are an empty gesture of spoiled millionaire players taking a few minutes to execute an empty protest without any plans, initiatives, and sense of what it takes to actually make a positive difference in society. As a result, the issue they think they are highlighting is getting lost because of the way Goodell let them go about it. If there is widespread racism in this country, and real data would dispute the widespread assertion of these players, they blew the opportunity to address it with their disrespectful behavior. The issue they protested, racism, is now an afterthought to the furor and disrespect they have incurred and for that I blame Goodell for letting the crazies run the asylum and not focusing their passion into a positive action that involved fans, sponsors, law enforcement, and politicians.
- No kid in south Chicago is any safer from the drug trade violence in the streets as a result of millionaire players not respecting the flag. No opioid drug addict in inner city Baltimore is more likely to get addiction treatment as a result of millionaire players not respecting the anthem. No inner city school kid in Washington DC is getting more than a mediocre education as a result of millionaire players not respecting those in the police and armed forces that have died and suffered protecting all of us. And no bridges between police organizations and local communities have been built as a result of millionaire players pissing like a dog.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: