- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating health care costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government health care programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high health care costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
- UnitedHealthcare Group, which is the largest insurance company in the country, recently announced lower than expected earnings due to policies related to Obama Care.
- And what could be an earth shattering move, the company announced that it may exit out of Obama Care exchanges and not write any more Obama Care policies.
- Stephen J. Hemsley, the CEO of the company stated: "In recent weeks, growth expectations for individual exchange participation have tempered industrywide, co-operatives have failed, and market data has signaled higher risks and more difficulties while our own claims experience has deteriorated."
- In addition, a company press release stated: "UnitedHealthcare has pulled back on its marketing efforts for individual exchange products in 2016. The company is evaluating the viability of the insurance exchange product segment and will determine during the first half of 2016 to what extent it can continue to serve the public exchange markets in 2017."
- The company said its “earning pressure” is "driven by projected losses on individual exchange-compliant products [i.e. Obama Care policies] related to the 2015 and 2016 policy years."
- In a conference call with investors, Hemsley said that customers' claims for medical care against their Obama Care policies were getting worse over time and that there was no sign that this trend would reverse any time soon, if ever.
- When asked about whether the UnitedHealthcare could sustain these Obama Care losses past 2016, Hemsley was very clear: "No. We cannot sustain these losses. We can't really subsidize a marketplace that doesn't appear at the moment to be sustaining itself."
- This is critical since in 2017 the Obama Care programs that were put in place for the first years of the legislation to mitigate insurance company losses on Obama Care policies are scheduled to go away, making any financial cushion that does exist today for insurance company losses a thing of the past in 2017 and beyond.
- This could push other insurance companies to also reconsider their decision to offer Obama Care policies as their financial results possibly deteriorate even faster.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com