As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims:
1) Yesterday, we discussed the reality that despite Al Gore predicting that the North Pole could be ice free by 2013, his forecast could not be any further from the truth. Others of his ilk have also forecasted a similar disaster for the South Pole. However, according to NASA researchers back in 2014, on September 19, 2014, the five day average of Antarctic sea ice area exceeded 20 million square kilometers for the first time since 1979. This data finding came from NASA’s National Snow and Ice Data Center.
Now, some NASA scientists involved with the work said that this is now perfectly normal from a global warming theory perspective. That global warming is changing weather patterns which is causing the South Pole to get colder and expand its ice pack. Yes, global warming is causing more iced to form in the South Pole. Think about that for a minute, warming = more ice.
For all I know or do not know, they could be right: global warming is causing more ice at the South Pole. What I do have a problem with, though, from a scientific perspective, is that none of the historical forecasts of global warming predicted this situation, warming = more ice. Thus, it brings into doubt their theory since they obviously missed this phenomenon when they put their climate models together, which implies that they really do not understand what is going on. They provide many theories of why the South Pole is getting colder but that is all they have is theories.
Again, they may be right. But they have no idea why this is happening which implies that they do not understand the whole climate picture which means, contrary to what Al Gore says, the “science is NOT settled.”
2) Continuing with the South Pole ice pack expanding story, maybe what we are seeing is just the long term cyclical changes to the climate, that we are in a period of time when the planet is a little warmer while at the same time the South Pole is getting bigger with humanity’s use of carbon fuel having no or little impact on the long term cycle.
Consider a simple historical chart that was recently published on the Federalist Papers website:
Thus, if you believe the work done by these scientists, Cliff Harris and Randy Mann, the world and its climate has been much warmer in the past, long before mankind was using a lot of carbon based fuel sources. Their data shows that climate is a long term cycle with warming periods interspersed with cooling periods regardless of what species is dominant on Earth. In fact, based on their data and analysis, whenever solar radiation has decreased and volcanic activity has increased, global temperatures suddenly drop, often within weeks or months. Over time, this has caused 75 major climate swings throughout the Earth’s history.
Their findings are consistent with the work of CERN scientists several years ago where in laboratory conditions they showed that solar activity has a much bigger effect on climate than anything mankind does. That research was summarized at:http://loathemygovernment.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-am-global-warming-doubter-and.htmlLook at ALL of the data, not just the data that proves a pre-determined conclusion, that is all global warming doubters are looking for.3) Let’s finish up today with a brief look back at the major climate forecast screw ups over time. We have previously discussed many of these so we know the sources are good but I recently came across this brief history of climate mania proven wrong:
- -Biologist Paul Ehrlich predicted in the 1970s that: “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make,” and that “The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.” Comments: While far too many people die from starvation every year, that is mostly caused by wars and bad politicians, not the climate devastation that Ehrlich predicted.
- -In January 1970, Life magazine reported, “Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….” Comment: While true in many Chinese cities because of fast economic growth, that is certainly not the case in just about every other city around the world and certainly not the case in this country.
- -In January 2006 Al Gore predicted that we had ten years left before the planet turned into a "total frying pan." Comment: Wrong again, Al.
- -In 2008, a segment aired on ABC News predicted that NYC would be under water by June 2015. Comment: Not even close.
- -In 1970, ecologist Kenneth E.F. Watt predicted that “If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but 11 degrees colder by the year 2000, This is about twice what it would take to put us in an ice age.” Comment: Even the global cooling scientists got it wrong.
- - In 2008, Al Gore predicted that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar ice cap would be completely melted within 5-7 years. He at least hedged that prediction by giving himself “75%” certainty. Comment: Wrong again, Al.
- -On May 13th 2014 France’s foreign minister said that we only have 500 days to stop “climate chaos.” The recent Paris climate summit met 565 days after his remark. Comment: No chaos.
- -In 2009, National Aeronautics and Space Administration Goddard Space Flight Center head James Wassen warned that Obama only had four years left to save the earth. Comment: Obama could not even save his Presidency from incompetence never mind saving the world.
- -On the first Earth Day, its sponsor warned that “in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.” Comment: Not quite.
- -And another Earth Day prediction from Kenneth Watt: “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.” Comment: So at one point in this scientific mess nitrogen was the problem, not carbon. My, how times have changed.
More global warming insanity tomorrow.