- In a country with over three hundred million people, how sad is it that we cannot find five hundred people or so that are far better problem solvers than the current members of Congress and the White House, given the insane quotes and inabilities of the current Washington class?
- With the real unemployment rate over 10%, with the national debt due to excessive Washington spending at about $18 TRILLION, with a war on drugs still being lost, with public schools still failing to educate, with a leaky southern border that exposes everyone to potential terrorist attacks, with anemic economic growth, etc., after reading the following quotes and thoughts, do you really think that our current crop of politicians are capable of resolving these major issues facing Americans today?
- Past American politicians have given us great quotes, memorable quotes, inspirational quotes like:
- John F. Kennedy: “Ask not what your country can do for you…”
- Abraham Lincoln: “Four score and seven years ago…”
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself…”
Past posts in this bog that looked at silly and inept political quotes can be accessed by typing “politicians say the darndest things” in the search box above. The last time we reviewed quotes was at the following link:
Let’ see what our politicians have been saying recently:
1) Joe Biden is always a good source for inane comments. Recently he put his foot in his mouth again when he stated:
“My son as attorney general, the year in Iraq, came back and that’s one of the things that he finds is, was most in need, when he was over there in Iraq for a year, people would come to him and talk about what was happening at home, in terms of foreclosures, in terms of bad loans that were being, I mean these Shylocks who took advantage of these women and men while overseas.”
The Shylock reference is from Shakespeare’s play “The Merchant of Venice,” where the bad guy, a Jewish moneylender, named Shylock, literally required a pound of flesh from someone who didn’t repay their loan. It has long been considered a vile and offensive term, a derogatory slander of any person of the Jewish faith. And here the Vice president is throwing it around casually in his very public remarks, remarks that can be seen at:
2) As most knowledgeable know, the ISIS terrorists have beheaded at least two American journalists over the past month or so, simply because they were Americans. There are no indications they were CIA operatives, contract killers, mean people, just two journalists trying to report the news on the ground in the Middle East.
I can think of no worse way to die or any act so heinous than the beheading of any person, never mind innocent people. But according to Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson, it was the journalists fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, that is the real reason they were beheaded.
The Congresswoman recent stated that the recent beheadings of American journalists does not justify air strikes by the U.S., even suggesting the journalists were committed because “we were on their [ISIS] ground” and Americans “need to be careful where they are.” So it’s their fault that they were reporting, doing their job and they deserve what they get, beheadings? Talk about lack of compassion. The interview of the Congresswoman when she showed such ignorance and dispassion can be accessed at:
3) Rather than try to explain a recent John Kerry appearance in front of a Senate committee, an appearance where he just rambles on incoherently trying to answer a Senator’s simple question, see for yourself on the following link how lost and incoherent he sounds and then ask yourself: does this man exude confidence, intelligence, leadership or any kind of positive attribute or does he come off as completely lost:
4) Let’s see, Joe Biden insults the entire Jewish religion, how much worse could it get? How about Senate majority Leader Harry Reid insulting an entire race of people, namely the Asians. Reid was giving a speech recently at the Asian Chamber of Commerce in Las Vegas when he dropped not one, but two, insults on his Asian hosts:
“I don’t think you’re smarter than anybody else, but you’ve convinced a lot of us you are.” In other words, the stereotypical portrait of Asians as being really smart is not correct but you sure convinced us country hicks that you are.
“One problem that I’ve had today is keeping my Wongs straight.” In other words, you all look alike to us non-Asians.
How much more insulting can you get? Puts Biden to shame with his Shylock comment, something that I thought was hard to do.
5) Let’s see if Biden can make a comeback. He recently gave a speech at a Democratic Party forum dedicated to women’s issues when he stated:
“It’s Republicans who were involved, guys like Mac Mathias and [Bob] Packwood and so many others,” Biden said in remarks to the Democratic National Committee, saying today’s antagonistic Republican Party doesn’t resemble the GOP that used to work across the aisle.
Typical political speech…. except for one embarrassing fact, especially embarrassing since his words were delivered in the context of women’s issues: Packwood was forced to resign from the Senate in 1995 after the Senate Ethics Committee voted to expel him for sexual misconduct. His misconduct included having nearly 20 women accuse Packwood of sexual harassment.
Do these high paid, supposed leaders never think before they open their mouths or are they really that stupid and ignorant? A question for the ages.
6) Sometimes politicians say things that are not stupid or silly or inappropriate, they are just plain falsehoods. Consider the remarks of the President from a few years ago:
“Under our plan [Obama Care legislation], no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.”
But according to an analysis and report on Obama Care that was recently published by the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the Obama Care legislation has indeed allowed women to use Federal dollars to have abortions. Obama made these comments while the fate of the legislation was still pending, trying to convince Democratic, ant-abortion Congressmen that abortion was off the table as far as public funding under Obama Care and that they should vote for approval of the legislation.
However, his claim of no abortion funding, like many, many other of his promises, proved to be just another plain deception and falsehood, a trademark of his administration and himself.
7) Let me say up front that I am totally against domestic violence and any coddling of those that assault their spouses, girl friends or significant others. It is a cowardly act, an act that should be punished to any extent necessary.
That is why we have police, prosecutors, trials, juries, and judges, to make sure that justice is done to domestic abuse instigators. There are processes in place to make sure these types of cowards pay for their violent acts.
In that context, let me repeat the state of the union that we discussed above: With the real unemployment rate over 10%, with the national debt due to excessive Washington spending at about $18 TRILLION, with a war on drugs still being lost, with public schools still failing to educate, with a leaky southern border that exposes everyone to potential terrorist attacks, with anemic economic growth, etc., after reading the following quotes and thoughts, do you really think that our current crop of politicians are capable of resolving these major issues facing Americans today?
Probably about half of that 10% unemployment are women. About half of that $18 TRILLION national debt is going to be paid by women. A lot of our citizens that are suffering as a result of the lost war on drugs are women. You get the idea. There are far greater issues for Washington to work on to resolve that will affect tens of millions of American women than to worry about how the NFL handles a few of its players accused of domestic abuse.
But that did not stop a bunch of women U.S. Senators from getting together to write a letter to the NFL rather than spend their time and their staffs’ time on the pressing issues above, a letter that included the following quote: “If you violently assault a woman, you shouldn’t get a second chance to play football in the NFL. It is long past time for the NFL to institute a real zero-tolerance policy and send a strong message that the league will not tolerate violence against women by its players, who are role models for children across America.”
I get it that you are pissed at the NFL. But let the justice system handle the prosecution, let the weight of public opinion and league sponsors force changes to how the league treats these types of players. You go to work and fix the major issues that affect far more women than a few bad and cowardly NFL players.
And anyway, if you try to resolve this issue like you have tried to resolve others issues facing Americans, you will probably make things worse than better. Besides, since you are all out on another extended vacation that will keep you out of Washington until November 12, what good can you do anyway?
That will do it for now. These are the people that are supposed to be leading the country. Instead, they are busy insulting Jews, Asians, beheaded journalists, and women, bumbling and stuttering in front of Congress, and sticking their noses in situations that they should stay out of. Their own words portray their insanity and idiocy. And as they insult, bumble, stutter, and intrude, the real issues of American just keep getting worse.
Seems like we need some different people in Washington via term limits, these quote machines are getting tiresome and insulting to all:
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com