- Jeffrey Thompson, a wealthy major political donor of the DC area, recently pled guilty in Federal court to two felony charges of making illegal campaign contributions to local and Federal election campaigns.
- U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Ron Machen, who prosecuted the case, stated Thompson made illegal donations to two Washington, D.C. mayoral elections and six city council elections worth nearly $2 million.
- Thompson’s illegal donations to one 2008 Democratic Presidential campaign exceeded $800,000.
- That alleged 2008 illegal Presidential campaign donations is alleged to be the campaign of Hillary Clinton and involved donating a money for her campaign in the states of Texas, Indiana, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and in the territory of Puerto Rico.
- The good news for democracy is that it looks like Thompson is going to get a light sentence in exchange for turning state witness against others involved in the illegal campaign financing. It looks like there’s more to come too.
- Thompson is getting a sweetheart deal. Possibly as little as six months in jail, so he can spruce up his tennis game, and it sounds like he’s singing a tune for the Feds.
- Machen is quoted in news reports as saying that Thompson “admitted to bankrolling efforts to secretly inject millions of dollars into local and federal elections.” and that “DC campaigns have been compromised by covert corporate money for years….Jeffrey Thompson’s guilty plea pulls back the curtain to expose widespread corruption.”
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com