- Avid, original supporters of Obama Care, the unions, now realize what a disaster it will be for its members and want out of it altogether.
- It’s runaway costs and failure to resolve the root causes of high health care costs in this country will add trillions of dollars to the national debt without taming health care costs.
- The original cost estimate of implementing the legislation is now more than three times higher just three years after the law was enacted.
- Obama Care’s business model and structure will cause the least wealthy in our society, the younger generation, to subsidize the most wealthy in our society, the Baby Boomer generation.
- The law is causing health insurance premiums to skyrocket for just about everyone vs. what is available today in the individual insurance market.
- Senator Max Baucus, an avid and original supporter of Obama Care, correctly called the whole legislation a “train wreck” many months ago, even before the latest screw ups occurred.
- The Congressional Budget Office officially predicts that up to 7 million Americans will LOSE their current health insurance as a result of Obama Care, the exact opposite of what it was supposed to do.
- The legislation is causing the nation to become a nation of part time workers as businesses cannot afford the penalties required in the legislation for full time workers.
- Doctors are retiring earlier than expected because of the many hassles of the legislation, putting more cost and access pressure on the health care industry in this country vs. what would have happened in the absence of this legislation.
- People are losing access to their current insurance options and are losing access to their current doctors and hospitals as a result of Obama Care.
- The rollout of the Obama Care online health insurance exchanges is nothing but an unmitigated disaster.
- The data systems support for the legislation has correctly been called an identity thief’s paradise.
- Training for people who will support the health insurance exchanges has been inadequate and has involved hiring people without doing criminal background checks on them before allowing them to access Americans’ private information (see identity thief paradise in previous bullet.)
- The law is so bad, that poltiicians in Washingotn want to break the law and exempt themselves and their staff members form certain aspects of the law.
And the most depressing part of this whole fiasco is that Obama Care hasn’t even been fully implemented yet. Many parts of it have been delayed into the future.
But these are all general findings. As bad as these bullet point findings are and how they prove beyond a doubt that this was the worst piece of legislation ever passed by Washington, they do not touch on the human aspect and wreckage that this legislation is raining down on Americans. Lost insurance coverage, lost hours as they are forced to become part time workers, and lost jobs are hitting American families hard.
To give you an idea of how hard, consider the following list of businesses, schools, and other organizations that have had to cut their workers’ hours in order to stay financially viable and comply with the idiotic regulations of Obama Care. Investors Business Daily published a document with over 300 employers who have cut hours because of Obama Care, a list that was published BEFORE the current rollout disaster sprung up over the past few weeks. (Note: the list does not include businesses that have stopped hiring or have put off expansion of their businesses as a result of Obama Care, i.e. the carnage is worse than just what has happened to the following companies).
As you go through this list, think about the hundreds of thousands of Americans that have already been negatively impacted by just these 313 companies’ reactions to the draconian tenets of Obama Care:
Bealls Inc. (Department Stores)
Palmer Place Restaurant
Salina Family YMCA
Middletown Township Public Schools
Sam Houston State University
Friendship Community (group home for adults with disabilities)
Meridian Public Schools
Michael Monti’s La Casa Vieja steakhouse
Arizona State University
Mainesubway (Subway franchisee)
Finger Lakes Community College
Tsunami Surf Shops
Southern Illinois University
Mexican American Opportunity Foundation
Georgia Military College
Vcm Inc. (Subway franchisee)
Ball State University
Forsyth Technical Community College
Wilkes Community College
Consolidated Restaurant Operations Inc
Dave & Buster’s
K-VA-T Food Stores
Three Rivers College
Bergen Community College
University of Alabama
Buca di Beppo restaurant chain
Hillsborough Community College
St. Petersburg College
Cherokee County School Board
Central Michigan University
NEMF trucking company
Oneida Special School District
Scott County School System
Stewart County School System
Christoper Savvides restaurant & catering co.
Minocqua-Hazelhurst-Lake Tomahawk School District
University of North Alabama
Kenowa Hills Public Schools
City of Burlington Public Schools
Lion & Rose British Restaurant and Pub
MTC Inc. restaurant management
Millard School District
Pulaski Technical College
San Diego Community College District
Area Agency on Aging of Western Arkansas, Inc.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
CKE Restaurants Inc.
Palm Beach State College
Santa Fe College
Tallahassee Community College
Eastbrook Community Schools
Ivy Tech Community College
Lakeview Christian School
Madison Consolidated Schools
Madison-Grant United School Corp.
Mississinewa Community Schools
Perry Central School Corp.
Shelbyville Central School System
Wolfe’s Auto Auction
Spencer Community School District
Lexington Board of Education
Howard Community College
Blair Community Schools
Plattsmouth Board of Education
Little Falls Board of Education
Scrambler Marie’s Restaurants
East Penn School District
Southern Lehigh School District
Tredyffrin-Easttown School District
Kelly Professional Cleaning Services
Spartanburg Community College
Murray School District
Nebo School District
Henrico Country School District
Clyde’s Restaurant Group
Eminence Community Schools
Baldwin Public Library
Hayfield Community Schools
Rappahannock Area Community Services Board
Benton Community Schools
Pompton Lakes Board of Education
Sparta Area Schools
Brandywine Heights Area School District
Southern Utah Unversity
Arkansas State University
Texas Christian University
Maricopa Community Colleges
University of Arizona in Tucson
Circle K Southeast
College of DuPage
McHenry County College
Eastern Hancock School Board
Fayette County School Corp.
Fort Wayne Community Schools
Greencastle Community Schools
Hancock Madison Shelby Educational Services
Vigo County School Corp.
White River Valley School District
Zionsville Community Schools
Indianola Community School District
Kansas Turnpike Authority
Republic Foods (Burger King franchise operator)
Douglas County West Community Schools
Papillion-La Vista school district
Westside Community Schools
Sinclair Community College
Ephrata Area School District
Dallas County Community College District
Alpine School District
Deseret Industries (work training for war refugees)
Wise County School Board
Mount Horeb Area School District
Campbell County Social Services Dept.
Dickenson County Public Schools
North Putnam Community Schools
Northwestern School Corp.
Taylor Community Schools
Dallas School District
New Mexico State University
General McLane School District
Blue Ridge Community And Technical College
Fountain Fire Dept.
North of the River Recreation and Park District
Mountain Del (Del Taco franchisee)
Daytona State College
Moraine Valley Community College
Northwestern Consolidated School District
Richland-Bean Blossom Community School Corp.
Clear Lake School Board
Kalamazoo Valley Community College
St. Clair Community College
Moberly Area Community College
Ralston School District
Springfield Platteview Community Schools
Community College System of New Hampshire
Franklin Township Board of Education
Cuyahoga Community College
University of Akron
Upper Arlington City School District
Firstaff Nursing Services Inc.
Lancaster County School District
Penn Manor School District
Susquenita School District
Regal Entertainment Group
Brigham Young University
Chesterfield Public Schools
Eastern Greene Schools
Vassar Public Schools
Richmond Public Schools
Joe Bologna’s Italian Pizzeria & Restaurant
Clinton-Glen Gardner School District
Columbus State Community College
Boone Community School District
Joliet Junior College
Van Buren Township
Hudson Valley Community College
Five Guys Burgers and Fries franchise
Kent State University
Lakeland Community College
Youngstown City Schools
Lori’s Angels home care
Granite School District
Bowling Green State University
Medina City Schools
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
Shawnee State University
Miami Dade College
Cutchall Management restaurant company
Mount Ephraim Board of Education
Wytheville Town Council
Christopher Newport University
College of William & Mary
Norfolk State University
Virginia government (all other departments)
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virginia Community College System
Virginia Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control
Virginia Dept. of Conservation and Recreation
Virginia Employment Commission
Dept. of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services
Dept. of Motor Vehicles
George Mason University
James Madison University
Old Dominion University
University of Mary Washington
Lomira School District
Utah Valley University
Illinois Valley Community College
Omega Foods Inc. (Wendy’s franchisee)
Treadwell Enterprises (Taco Bell franchise operator)
Rock Valley College
Royal Farms convenience stores
RREMC Restaurants (Denny’s franchisee)
Kga Group (Subway franchisee)
Stark State College
Youngstown State University
Community College of Allegheny County
Pillar Hotels & Resorts
PMTD Restaurants LLC (a franchisee of KFC)
Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches
Plainfield Park District
West Perry School District
Lafayette School Corp.
All of this unnecessary anguish and hardship all because of a piece of legislation that was not well thought out, was rushed through enactment without proper vetting and analysis, and that has no chance of ever being successful because it fails miserably to address the root causes of our ever rising health care costs in this country.
313 companies, schools, and other organizations already slammed, hundreds of thousands of Americans, if not millions of Americans, already slammed, with more anguish yet to come.
Our book, "Love My Country, Loathe My Government - Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom And Destroying The American Political Class" is now available at:
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now:http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com