- What if Washington passed a law that no one obeyed?
- If this behavior became widespread, would the center of the country hold or would the Federal government as we know cease to exist?
- “These are such weird questions.”
- “This test is crazy.”
- “This is a stupid, impossible test.”
- Alaska’s Senate passed a resolution calling for a Convention of States, matching the Alaska House to make their application official.
- Alaska joins Georgia as the only official applicants thus far, but states including Alabama, Arizona and Florida are close to making their applications official as well.
- A signature by the state’s governor is not necessary for the application to be valid, only passage through both houses of the legislature is required.
- The Alaska resolution resolves “to call a convention of the states for the sole purpose of proposing amendments to the Constitution of the United States that impose fiscal restraints on the Federal government, limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and limit the terms of office of Federal government officials.”
- If 34 states officially apply for a convention, Congress will be compelled to call it to order.
- The effort is only about a year old.
- However, there are organized Article V teams already up and running in all 50 states.
- Seven states who are well ahead of the rest of the states and include Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Mexico, and South Carolina.
- These states include a broad cross section of geographic areas from Florida in the most southeastern part of the U.S. to Alaska in the most northwestern part of the U.S. to Missouri in the Midwest to Arizona to New Mexico on the southwest, i.e. Americans across the entire country are fed up with Washington.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com