Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Part 7, Freedom and LIberty Guest Speaker: Antonio West, Speaking For All Of America's Youth

This is the seventh and final post we will be doing that is dedicated to the decline of freedom and liberty in this country, all presented by guest writers and not myself. Many Americans are starting to wake up to the fact that the Federal government is growing and spending at out of control levels, levels that continually eat away and erode our freedom and the privacy rights.

Whether it is saddling current and future generations of Americans with mountains of debt, invading our privacy with drones and interceptions of all of our electronic communications, using instruments of government, such as the NSA, IRS, EPA, etc., to harass and abuse the rights of private citizens, or the outright designation for assassination of American citizens by the Federal government without due process of the law, the land of the free is quickly becoming the land of the oppressed and fearful. The speakers over the past week or so have eloquently pointed out how and why we have seen this erosion in our rights and liberty.

Today’s approach takes a little different approach. There is no greater loss of freedom than the loss of one’s life. Unfortunately, the unnecessary loss of life happens way too often in the country today. The Trayvon Martin situation is just one example where the failure of the political class has led to the unnecessary death of a young American. We will get into the bigger issue of unnecessary loss of life in this country and the failure of the political class to address the issue tomorrow.

However, in the heat and emotion of the Trayvon Martin incident, I wanted to address the unnecessary loss of freedom of another American. While these words were not actually spoken by today’s guest writer, they could have been. They accurately point out how his loss of freedom has been lost and buried by the political class in America today and the mainstream media, who are also as culpable as the political class in the portrayal of only the side of reality that makes them political points or TV rating points.

Today’s guest speaker/writer is a very young gentleman named Antonio West. Here is a picture of him:









The following is his story and how we as a nation caused him to suffer the greatest loss of freedom possible, his life:

**************************

Who is Antonio West

Hello. Don’t recognize me? That’s OK; I understand.

My name was Antonio West. I was the 13-month old child who was shot in the face at point blank range by two black teens, who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot.

I think my murder and my mommy’s wounding made the news for maybe a day, and then disappeared.

A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick , Georgia ruled the black teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty... too bad it was me who got the death sentence from my killers instead, because Mommy didn’t have the money they demanded.

See, my family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder wasn’t ruled a ‘hate crime’.

Oh, and President Obama didn’t take a single moment to acknowledge my murder. He couldn’t have any children who could possibly look like me - so why should he care?

I’m one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media didn’t care to cover the story of my being killed in cold blood.

There isn’t a white equivalent of Al Sharpton, because if there was he would be branded a ‘racist’. So no one’s rushing to Brunswick , Georgia to demonstrate and demand ‘justice’ for me. There’s no ‘White Panther’ party, either, to put a bounty on the lives of the two black teens who murdered me.

I have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

Isn’t this a great country?

So while you’re out seeking ‘justice for Trayvon’, please remember to seek ‘justice’ for me. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee-shirts with my face on them, and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon.

I won’t hold my breath.

I don’t have to anymore.

**********************************

A truly tragic story on so many levels. How did our political, moral, educational, and human compass get so screwed up that teenagers find it no problem to do such a heinous act? Why have certain politicians and a certain attorney general focused only on the Trayvon Martin tragedy and pay virtually no attention to this tragedy? Trayvon Martin, Antonio West, the annual 400 or so kids killed in the streets in Chicago, the thousands of kids abused physically and sexually every year, why, why, why?

Why have our politicians not provided the necessary leadership, direction, and morality so that these thousands of kids do not suffer the greatest loss of freedom every year, their lives and their chance at a decent childhood? I think we know the answer to these questions. It is the same answer to why the political class has not resolved a major issue in the past fifty years, whether it is a lost war on drugs, our failing pubic schools, a leaky border, etc. They do not want to resolve these issues since they are more concerned with their next reelection fund raiser, their next reelection campaign, and their own self enrichment.

This is why the need for term limits has become so important, because really, how much worse could it get for all Americans, but particularly for people like Antonio West and Trayvon Martin and thousands of others like them. Join our drive for term limits at:

www.howmuchworsecoudlitget.com

Our book, "Love My Country, Loathe My Government - Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom And Destroying The American Political Class" is now available at:

www.loathemygovernment.com

It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.

Please visit the following sites for freedom:

http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com
http://www.reason.com
http://www.cato.org
http://www.robertringer.com/  

No comments: