- Rochester City Court Judge Leticia Astacio apparently has shown up for work exactly one day in the past 214 days.
- But on April 1 she somehow received a taxpayer funded raise of $11,000, raising her annual salary to $187,200 despite showing up for only one day in the past seven months or so.
- Apparently, she has been dubbed the “drunk judge” by local media outlets.
- As reported by local TV station, Wham News 13: "Astacio did report for work on Tuesday, February 27 for one day – and has not been back since."
- Prior to that February 27, 2018 workday, she had not shown up for work since August 31, 2017.
- Although her boss, Chief Administrative Judge Craig Doran has formally ordered Astacio back to work, she has ignored the decree.
- Of course, it did not take long for African-American Astacio to claim racism is involved with efforts for her to show up to work, claiming that she had a doctor’s note to not report to work.
- Back in August, 2016, she was convicted of DWI and later found guilty of violating her probation on at least two occasions relative to her DWI conviction.While in jail for violating her probation, she continued to receive what was then an annual $175,500 salary.
- Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty announced she will not run for reelection.
- The reason given is that she failed to fire her chief of staff, Tony Baker, after he threatened to kill a female staffer of the Congresswoman after the staffer complained that Baker had mistreated her.
- Baker left the Congresswoman’s staff three months later and he left with a letter of recommendation and a severance payment.
- A little late but the Congresswoman finally admitted that she screwed up: “Too many women have been harmed by harassment in the workplace. In the terrible situation in my office, I could have and should have done better. To the survivor, I want to express my strongest apology for letting you down. … In my final months in Congress, I will use my power to fight for action and meaningful change.”
- The murder rate in London is now higher than New York City.
- London attained this distinction and higher murder rate due to 12 murders in the just the past 19 days.
- But interestingly, none of these murders were via gun fire, the victims were all stabbed to death.
- This is the first time ever that London has had a higher murder rate than New York City despite strict gun controls.
- New York’s murder rate has dropped about 87% since the 1990s while London’s murder rate has gone up 40% in just the past three years.
- The vast majority of the London stabbing murders have been young adults.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: