- An English judge has proposed a nationwide program that would require everyone to file down the points of kitchen knives to combat the soaring knife crime epidemic.
- The judge also called for the banning of large kitchen knives, a form of “knife control.”
- This “solution” is in response to the latest crime statistics: “Latest figures show stabbing deaths among teenagers and young adults have reached the highest level for eight years, and knife crime overall rose 22 per cent in 2017.”
- His view is that the vast majority of knife attacks are carried out with kitchen knives so, logically, defang kitchen knives and the problem goes away.
- Much like the stupid solution that liberals have proposed in this country with regards to the size of gun magazine sizes, this judge applies the same logic here: “But why we do need eight-inch or ten-inch kitchen knives with points? Butchers and fishmongers do, but how often, if at all, does a domestic chef use the point of an eight-inch or ten-inch knife? Rarely, if at all."
- Thus, he wants to mobilize the entire government apparatus to get rid of pointy knives: “I would urge all those with any role in relation to knives - manufacturers, shops, the police, local authorities, the government - to consider preventing the sale of long pointed knives, except in rare, defined, circumstances, and replacing such knives with rounded ends. It might even be that the police could organise a programme whereby the owners of kitchen knives, which have been properly and lawfully bought for culinary purposes, could be taken somewhere to be modified, with the points being ground down into rounded ends."
- According to news reports, by Sunday morning of Memorial Day weekend, four citizens had been shot dead and 23 in total had been shot.
- Up to the Memorial Day weekend, over 1,000 people in Chicago had been shot and 164 had died from those gunshot wounds.
- At the current rate, over 400 people will be shot dead by the end of the year in the city.
- Over 40 people in Chicago had been killed in just the month of May.
- The Government Accountability office (GAO) ways that someone associated with Clinton’s Presidential campaign owes the American taxpayer $3.9 million.
- The Secret Service is responsible for protecting not on the President but also Presidential candidates.
- Secret Service agents travel with candidates on the campaign trail at the expense of the campaign.
- The campaign then bills back the Secret Service organization and the taxpayer picks up the protection and travel bill for the candidate.
- According to the article, “Since 1977, the law gave the Secret Service two ways to calculate the reimbursement, either the cost of “the lowest priced first-class seat available for the given route,” or “a ‘pro rata’ rate calculated by dividing the cost of the chartered flight by the number of passengers.””
- The Secret Service is supposed to do both calculations and then write the reimbursement check to the candidate’s campaign for the lower amount.
- But a Clinton lawyer had the Secret Service write the reimbursement check for the pro rata amount every time even if the first class seat was less expensive: “The Secret Service ceased to adhere to its longstanding reimbursement policy and agency officials were directed to use the pro rata calculation method for reimbursing all campaigns for agent airfares.”
- While this happened with other candidates reimbursement also, it appears that Clinton took the most advantage of the abuse, and since her campaign accounts only have $1 million left in the bank, there could be a problem if the Secret Service analysis finds that her campaign owes more than $1 million.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com