We have been capturing what we call “political class insanity” at the beginning of each month in this blog. Three years ago when we started writing about political insanity, the monthly political class insanity recap usually took about one post to cover. Last month, it took nine days to cover, indicating that the antics, insanity, and lunacy of our politicians at every level of government is accelerating exponentially.
We will continue to explore our theory of the worst set of politicians ever today and tomorrow, not by their actions but by their own words and quotes. As you read over the next two posts, consider what our contemporary politicians are stating, spouting, and embarrassing themselves with today. Compare that to some of the historically great American politicians and their quotes:
- Abraham Lincoln: “Four score and seven years ago...”
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself…”
- John F. Kennedy: “Ask not what your country can do for you,…”
- Ronald Reagan: “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall...”
- Thomas Jefferson: "That government is best which governs the least…."
Most Americans have heard of and can recite these uplifting and stirring quotes from politicians out of our history’s past. Now ask yourself: can you think of any memorable quote that a more recent politician has uttered that is likely to stick out in American history from a positive aspect?
Of course, there have been a lot of memorable recent political quotes that stick out but not because they were positive, they were either insulting, inane, or disgraceful quotes that we have already covered and ridiculed in this blog:
- Remember when Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi asserted that the Obama care legislation had to be passed so that we could find out what was in it:
- Remember when Congressman John Conyers got all in a huff and insulted because citizens actually felt he should have read the Obama Care legislation BEFORE he voted to approve it:
- Remember when Congressman Hank Johnson spoke at a House committee hearing on how he was worried that the Pacific island of Guam would actually and physically TIP OVER if we put too many naval resources on the island:
Not quite Kennedy-like or FDR-like.
This verbal pieces of insanity and others can be found at one of the original posts we did a year or so ago on dopey politicians saying dopey things:
But its been a while and so many other, both new and older, insane and inane political quotes have been found that it is worthwhile to review them. They would really be funny if they were not so sad and the authors of these quotes did not have such a large impact on our lives and our freedom.
Thus, these are your politicians speaking their own words, with a few snide comments from me:
1) ''When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, Look, here's what happened.'' Joe Biden. Nice quote but for the Vice President of the United States, an educated man with a law degree, and unfortunately a graduate of my alma mater at the University of Delaware to confidently state this and be so wrong is quite embarrassing. He apparently is unaware that FDR WASN’T President when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only EXPERIMENTAL TV sets were in use at that time in our history. Not sure what reality the Vice President is referring to when he gets two major historical events wrong in the same quote.
2) “An hour late, oh give me a f**king break.” Joe Biden. This was caught on a live microphone when he was speaking to a former Senate colleague after arriving on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C., March 13, 2009. Nice language, Mr. Vice President…for a sailor or a Teamster.
3) “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” Barack Obama speaking when storms and tornadoes swept through Kansas. Actually, the death toll was a little lighter, it was only 12 dead, not ten thousand. Missed by just a little. He wonders why many Americans do not believe a thing he says or a promise or statistic he utters.
4) ''Take your f**king tampon out and tell me what you have to say.'' Former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, addressing a female staffer during a meeting, as reported in the book 'The Promise' by Newsweek's Jonathan Alter. From the Joe Biden school of language communications.
5) ''It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.'' Barack Obama Mr. President, could it be that you are the antipathetic one to those that are not like YOU?
6) ''His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul.'' Joe Biden. The VP was talking about on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who was very much alive at the time of the VP’s speech, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010. Why bother about details of who is or who is not alive.
7) “'UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems.” Barack Obama. The President was trying to make the case that the Federal government would be good at running and controlling all aspects of your personal health but his logic seemed to be off about...180 degrees.
8) “Today we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace.” Congresswoman Shelia Jackson Lee. Ms. Lee is just a little behind in catching up on her history lessons since while this quote was issued recently, there has not been two different Vietnams since, oh… 1975 or so, 38 years ago.
9) “President Obama's top priority right now is a 3 letter word...JOBS.” Joe Biden. An indictment of our education system‘s math curriculums, our political system, and unfortunately, my college alma mater again.
10) “I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together.“ Congresswoman Shelia Jackson Lee. She looks good for being about 180 years old or so and having survived slavery. Her former slave owner was unavailable for comment since he died over a hundred years ago.
11) “This is a tough game. You can't be intimidated. You can't be frightened. And as far as I'm concerned — the Tea Party can go straight to hell.” Congresswoman Maxine Walters. Just what you want from an elected leader in a democracy, a leader who wants those that hold an honest difference of opinion from her to just go to hell. Not quite the right way to go about uniting the country and actually getting something of substance done.
12) "Let us all remember who the real enemy is. The real enemy is the Tea Party... the Tea Party holds the Congress hostage." Congresswoman Frederica Wilson. Let’s review: The Democrats control the White House. The Democrats control the Senate. In the House, only a handful of Republicans could be considered “Tea Party” candidates since the Tea Party has only been around for a few years. But somehow these few people hold Congress hostage. The real enemy is not a $17 TRILLION national debt. It is not the Taliban. It is not Al Qaeda. It is not chronic unemployment. It is a few people in Congress. One of us is living in a different reality of who the enemy is. And remember, the small handful of Tea Party people in Congress were elected by American citizens who are not the enemy, Congresswoman Wilson.
Politicians that do not know how to count. Politicians that do not know history. Politicians that are bitter and vindictive to all with a contrary opinion to theirs. Politicians that do not understand that they are supposed to read the legislation BEFORE they vote on it. Politicians that do not understand island geology.
But these are the same politicians that write, sometimes read, and often vote on legislation that usually negatively affects every American. And the saddest part of all: we are not close to being done with stupid things politicians say and mean. More tomorrow.
In the mean time, consider visiting and joining up our drive for term limits at:
Because really, given what we just reviewed , the insanity, the ignorance, and the forgettable words and thoughts of today’s politicians, how much worse could it get with term limits?
Our book, "Love My Country, Loathe My Government - Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom And Destroying The American Political Class" is now available at:
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com