The current monthly record for the number of posts that were needed to cover one month's worth of insanity is ten. We equaled that record last month when we needed ten days to cover one month’s worth of political class insanity. There is a very good chance that the ten day record could fall this month since as we get closer and closer to the election, the volume of ineptness grows almost exponentially.
But today and for all of the posts this month, let’s start off with a welcome piece of honest political dialog. It comes from a State Department spokesperson. Mark Toner, who is about to start the daily State Department press briefing. In a joking matter, he makes the following quote: "Welcome to the State Department. I think we have some interns in the back. Welcome. Good to see you in this exercise in transparency and democracy."
He then burst out laughing at his own quote, indicating he also knew what a joke the Obama administration has been, especially Mr. Toner’s State Department, when it comes to cover ups, lack of transparency, denial of Freedom of Information Act requests, the prosecution of whistleblowers, etc. But at least it was a little refreshing to finally hear some actual honesty out of Washington as we see from the actual clip of the news conference:
With that context of honesty, let’s see what other insanity has been going down:
1) When the political class gets involved in any problem they often make the problem worse with their actions and “solutions.” Kristin Dattilo and Mandy Levin, writing for the National Review, nicely highlighted a prime example of stupidity in law making. Details of their research found that:
- In 1984, the Federal government enacted a law, “The National Organ Transplant Act,” (NOTA) which made it illegal for someone to donate, for monetary compensation, non-renewable human parts, e.g. kidneys, for use by patients in need.
- Renewable human parts, blood, sperm, eggs, etc. were excluded from the law since, they are... renewable.
- Unfortunately, NOTA included bone marrow in the list of non-renewable body parts even though bone marrow is totally renewable.
- Now, every year, between 2,000 and 3,000 Americans die because they cannot find a bone marrow match to fight back against such diseases as leukemia and other blood diseases.
- Unfortunately, only 30% of patients in need of a bone marrow transplant can find compatibility within their own families, meaning that 70% of those in need have to find a bone marrow transplant from a non-family member that voluntarily and without compensation donates bone marrow.
- Research by economists cited in the article showed that offering compensation for donation of blood and other renewable body parts significantly increased donations levels.
- But NOTA makes it illegal to do the same compensation schemes with renewable bone marrow, a ban that, as we cited above, kills thousands of Americans every year.
2) Speaking of not being able to do even simple things, consider this recent example of Congressional incompetence. Two Senators, one Republican and one Democrat, put together a simple piece of legislation that would make it a Federal felony to distribute recorded materials that showed animals being being tortured or killed. As a dog lover, this seems like a no brainer, a rare bipartisan burst of Congressional cooperation. Who in their right mind does not want to protect animals?
Well, apparently Harry Reid, Senator from Nevada, is not in his right mind. Under silly Senate rules, he has been able to single-handedly stop the animal protection legislation in its tracks because he has a hissy fit with another, totally unrelated piece of Senate work.
This situation is so pathetic on at least two levels. First, when a single Senator can use a rule to stop legislation against the will of the majority of the Senate, it is a ridiculous rule. Second, since the Washington political class is so inept that it cannot even pass this simple piece of legislation, protecting animals in a very small way, it is no surprise that they have been incapable of passing legislation that actually resolves some of the major issues facing the country today.
3) Last week we did two posts on how perverted and biased the mainstream media has become in reporting the news in this country. One of the worst violators of truth and integrity in reporting the news was CNN, the Clinton News Network. Those two posts can be accessed at:
CNN likely proved its bias right after the first debate between Trump and Clinton. According to a compilation by the Newsmax website, 21 polls done right after the debate said that Trump “won” the debate including:
- Time: Trump 58%, Clinton 42%
- CBS New York: Trump 24K votes, 17,600 votes
- San Diego Tribune: Trump 66%, Clinton 34%
- Slate: Trump 54%, Clinton 46%
- Variety: Trump 51%, Clinton 48%
- Fortune: Trump 51%, Clinton 49%
- CNBC: Trump 51%, Clinton 49%
So were the CNN findings, so contrary to the vast majority of other polls, a statistical fluke or did they have the nerve to so blatantly fake these results? Based on the two links above, I vote for blatant fakes. If so, this is pure insanity where a major media outlet is so in bed with polticial operatives in this country. Pathetic.
4) We often try to determine what is the most inept Federal government organization from an incompetence, inefficiency, and corruptness perspective. The top candidates usually include the Social Security Administration, the IRS, the Defense Department and the Department of Homeland Security. Today it looks like it will be the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) day to shine in the area of incompetence.
According to an article by Alicia A. Caldwell, writing for the Associated Press on September 19, 2016, an audit of the DHS found that this Federal government agency had mistakenly granted citizenship to over 850 immigrants from countries who we have serious national security issues with or high rates of immigration fraud with and who had been under pending deportation orders. Understand, these people did not just have their visas extended, the Federal government made them actual citizens even though the same Federal government wanted to deport them back to their home countries.
The DHS inspector general concluded that these immigrants used different names of birth dates to apply for citizenship but that such fraudulent behavior was not caught because their fingerprints were missing from government databases. Inspector General John Roth said these people “were all from "special interest countries" — those that present a national security concern for the United States — or neighboring countries with high rates of immigration fraud.” The audit report also found that there could be upwards of another 315,000 other such cases that are going through the citizenship process but who have deportation orders hanging over them.
As is often the case when it comes to government ineptness, the DHS knew about these types of problems way back in 2008 but eight years later the problem still exists despite the hundreds of billions of dollars the DHS has had at its disposal over those eight years. As a result of this inability to fix what it knew is broken, we know that some of the deportation-ready immigrants have attained jobs in security sensitive areas such as airports and law enforcement since they are now regular U.S. citizens.
That will do it for today’s insanity: granting citizenship to the very people we want to deport, more shady journalism from CNN, a Senator fails to protect those that torture and murder animals, and Congress flunks a basic biology test, resulting in the death of thousands of Americans. More insanity to come the following days.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: