1) Democrats flipped out when they found out that Ben Carson was going to take over the Federal department, Housing and Urban (HUD). He had no experience in the Federal government bureaucracy, as if that was a good thing given how badly the Federal government bureaucracy actually worked and he had no housing industry experience. They seem to ignore the fact that he grew up poor in housing projects, giving him first hand experience with government housing programs, and that he is really, really smart.
So smart that just being months in the job he uncovered some really nasty goings on with HUD:
- One of the first things Carson did once in place was to conduct an audit of the HUD organization.
- The turned up an amazing $520 billion in bookkeeping errors.
- Which makes you wonder how the Obama administration and their administration of HUD somehow missed this whopping problem.
- According to the auditors: “The total amounts of errors corrected in HUD’s notes and consolidated financial statements were $516.4 billion and $3.4 billion, respectively.”
2) It has always been our opinion that Hillary Clinton,while Secretary of State under Obama, was essentially operating a crime syndicate that probably even the Mafia envied. The syndicate tied together three components:
- The ability of Hillary Clinton to grant favors and direct, or misdirect State Department affairs, to suit certain parties.
- These parties would offer up large donations to the Clinton Foundation in exchange for access to Hillary and the favors she could grant them for contributing to the Foundation.
- These same parties would often give husband Bill Clinton huge “speaking fees” after Hillary had granted special favors, making Bill and Hillary richer and richer.
Proof and examples of how this crime syndicate worked was recently uncovered by Judicial Watch which forced the government to release Clinton State Department emails via a Freedom Of Information Act request, as reported by Kyle Becker, writing for the Independent Review website last month:
- Many of the released emails involved Huma Abedin who was Clinton’s most trusted top aid during her time as Secretary of State and as a Presidential candidate.
- These emails had not been disclosed earlier even though Clinton claimed that all of her State Department emails had been turned over, according to Judicial Watch: “The documents included 91 Clinton email exchanges not previously turned over to the State Department, bringing the known total to date to at least 530 emails that were not part of the 55,000 pages of emails that Clinton turned over to the State Department, and further contradicting a statement by Clinton that, “as far as she knew,” all of her government emails had been turned over to the State Department. [...]”
- Many of the emails showed how Clinton Foundation donors used their contributions for access to and favors from Hillary as Secretary of State.
- Howard Buffett, Jr., the grandson of Warren Buffett, sought a meeting for his father, Howard Sr., with Hillary Clinton to discuss 'food security,' a meeting that Bill Clinton aid Ben Schwerin tried to arrange through Abedin, which she said “we will take care of this.”
- In April, 2009, Puerto Rican telecom executive, Miguel Lausell, who supposedly made a personal one million dollar donation to the Clinton Foundation and who was a member of the Clinton Global Initiative, asked Abedin via a third party to push for an acquaintance/friend to be made U.S. ambassador to the Dominican Republic.
- Also in April, 2009, the Managing Director of a left wing fundraising group called Democracy Alliance emailed Abedin and asked them to “reach out” to someone who was an “extremely loyal supporter” and get that person a job at a senior level in the State Department.
- In all of these emails Abedin always appears to be amenable to providing these favors and is actively involved in the contacts.
3) California is not in good fiscal shape, It has unfunded liabilities in the hundreds of billions of dollars. It has high levels of short term and long term debt. It has high levels of poverty and its schools and infrastructure (streets, dams, bridges) are in horrible shape. One would hope that the state political class would be doing all it could to help its legal citizens get better services from the state government.
But as always when dealing with American politicians, hope is a concept that never materializes. According to various news reports:
- According to the Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services, the city of LA paid out about $1.3 billion in welfare payments in 2015 and 2016 to illegal immigrants living in that city.
- That was about 20% of all money paid out by the city in welfare payments in that time period.
- The Department found that 58,000 illegal immigrant families received $602 million in benefits in 2015 and 64,000 families received $675 million in 2016.
- LA county’s total budget for welfare in those two years was about $6 billion, yielding a rate of about 20% of the total budget gong to legal immigrants.
Okay, that’s my rant for the day. Citizens getting shortchanged in California, rich people get valuable favors from a high ranking government official, and Federal bureaucracy bookkeeping errors that likely costs American taxpayers untold billions of dollars every year. More insanity to follow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: