Let's get started:
1) We often associate political corruption with those in Washington but rampant political corruption also exists at all levels of government including local government, as recently reported by the Allentown (Pa.) Morning Call newspaper:
- Apparently Allentown, Pa. mayor Ed Pawlowski was recently found guilty on a whole slew of corruption charges.
- He was found guilty on 47 charges during his trial and not guilty on 7 charges.
- Most of the charges centered around kickback situations where he “traded contributions to his campaigns for favorable treatment that helped donors get work from the city.”
- A co-conspirator was also found guilty.
- He is likely facing up to ten years in prison according to the laws he was found guilty of breaking.
2) In any function of government, whether it is executive, legislative or judicial, we should always want the most qualified candidates for those jobs. This is true not only in government but also in business: why would you put someone less qualified to do a job in a job when there was someone better qualified?
Well, apparently that it is how Senate Minority leader Chuck Schumer thinks: rather than filling a recent judicial opening based on qualifications he wants judgeships to be filled based on the race of the candidate, not on the qualifications of the candidate:
- The Senate recently had to vote on whether a gentleman named Marvin Quattlebaum should fill a court vacancy in the South District Court in South Carolina.
- Schumer, as is required under the Constitution, is one of 100 Senators who, in our check and balance system of government, gets to determine if that person should be approved for that judicial seat.
- One would hope that those 100 Senators would base their decision to vote for or against that nomination based on the credentials and abilities of that individual, in this case, Mr. Quattlebaum.
- But not Schumer, he opposed the nominee not because he was not qualified, not because he would not make a good judge but because Mr. Quattlebaum had the nerve to be born to white parents: “The nomination of Marvin Quattlebaum speaks to the overall lack of diversity in President Trump’s selections for the federal judiciary. Quattlebaum replaces not one, but two scuttled Obama nominees who were African American.”
- So apparently it is now an important criteria in selecting judges that their ethnic background be taken into account and the ethnic background of who they are replacing also be taken into account, their credentials and abilities be damned.
3) If you are having a discussion or debate with someone, you would hope that the person you are debating actually knows what they are talking about.Otherwise, you quickly realize you are arguing with ignorance and why waste your time arguing with someone who knows nothing what they are talking about.
Such was the case with one of our most vocal and yet ignorant politicians of the day, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz. In a recent Independent Journal Review article that was covering Wasserman-Schultz try to make the case for more gun control in light of the recent school shootings, she made the following argument: “We moved legislation in the House at that point. We did not — we were not able to get the 60 votes for those proposals in the Senate. But that's not an excuse. I mean, these issues, making sure that we can do something about eliminating military-style weapons from society and only making sure that people who are in the military can utilize them rather than civilians and making sure that we don't have high-capacity rapid-fire magazines that allow mass killings and whose primary purpose is only to achieve that, that's going to solve this problem.”
“Rapid fire magazines?” Sorry, Congresswoman, there is no such thing as rapid fire magazines. The rifle holding the magazine determines whether or not it is “rapid fire,” the magazine itself has nothing to do with the rate of fire. Becomes really difficult to take a politician seriously when their ignorance is on this subject or any subject is so obvious.
4) Let’s conclude the insanity today with a recent Obama speech where he actually claimed that “We [his administration] didn’t have any scandals.” He made this ignorant statement at a recent MIT event, an event that was kept very private and secret with no transcript of his remarks given out to the press.
When a politician makes an inane statement like this you have to sit back and wonder: does he think that we are so enthralled with with he has to say that we ignore the reality of how many scandals he presided over or is he so vain that he actually believes this nonsense? No scandals? Seems to me I remember quite a few:
- You ran one of the least transparent Presidencies of all times as pointed out by the White House Correspondents Association and other journalism organizations.
- You lied about the true cause of the Benghazi terrorist attack in front of the country and the world.
- You shredded the First Amendment rights of millions of Americans when you weaponized the IRS to deter Republican, Tea Party, and conservative organizations from getting non-profit approval from the IRS.
- You broke domestic and international laws and treaties and placed military grade weapons and equipment in the hands of violent drug cartels via your failed Fast and Furious program.
- You shredded the Fourth Amendment rights of millions of Americans by collecting just about every electronic communications they made without due cause and without a legitimate warrant process.
- You lied hundreds of times about what Obama Care would do the health care and health insurance of millions of Americans by falsely promising they could keep their doctors, their health care plans, and current hospitals when you knew full well that was not going to happen under your signature Obama Care legislation.
- You allowed your Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, to operate a money laundering/crime syndicate scheme under the guise of the faux Clinton Foundation charity which grossly and personally enriched the Clinton family.
- You allowed your Secretary of State to use an unsecured computer server in her home, breaking lord knows how many government tenets and laws.
- You allowed numerous high ranking people in your administration, including yourself, to use fake email ids in violation of existing Federal laws.
- You made Freedom of Information Act requests very difficult and time consuming to obtain and in the process violated both the spirit and the law of that piece of legislation.
- You weaponized the intelligence operations in this country to go after journalists that were simply critical of your administration, e.g. James Rosen, Sharyl Attkisson and others.
- You traded highly dangerous terrorist leaders for a sole Army deserter named Bowe Bergdahl while ignoring the grief and sorrow of families of soldiers who lost their lives or who were wounded looking for the deserter.
That will do it for today’s political class insanity: a former President is ignorant or vain, a current Congresswoman is ignorant, a current Senator is a racist, and a mayor is guilty. Quite the array of “leaders” we have leading the country today. More insanity to follow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: