And that traditional if inane quotes and views continues with the current Hawaiian Senator:
- Senator Mazie Hirono was present at a Senate hearing on immigration and appears to want to get frisky with ICE immigration official Matthew Albence.
- She asked Albence. “would you send your child to [the Family Residential Centers]?”
- Albence properly answered that the people and families being intercepted at the border were breaking the law, that is why they were apprehended and separated: “Again, I think we’re missing the point. These individuals are there because they have broken a law. There has to be a process.”
- This when the Senator started to make a fool of herself: “They have broken a law only as deemed so by the president.”
- And this is when Albence lowered the boom on her ignorance: “No, ma’am. They’re there for violation of Title 8 of the immigration of the U.S. and Nationality Act. OK? They’re 8 USC 1325 — that’s illegal entry — is both a criminal and civil violation,, They are in those FRCs pending the outcome of that civil immigration process. They have broken the law.”
- He went on to further explain the process and the current law: “There were criminal proceedings when the border patrol prosecuted them, but at the conclusion of that process, once the individual came into ICE custody, they would go through administrative proceedings.”
- At that point the Senator stated the obvious: “I’m confused.”
- Despite allegedly having an economics degree, her public statements showed that she had not idea how the basic unemployment rate for the country was calculated, something a high school economics class student could probably do.
- She went on to say that “everybody” was working 2-3 jobs to stay afloat financially but never checked out government statistics that showed only a tiny percentage of Americans work at multiple jobs and that tiny percentage has been trending downwards over time.
- She continued digging her hole deeper when she said that loads of Americans were working 70-80 hours a week to stay afloat but government statistics show that the percentage of Americans working that many hours a week is almost too small to measure.
- She then lamented that many millions of Americans were earning less than $20,000 a year but not realizing that those millions of Americans include millions of Americans who work only part time or seasonally since those part time arrangements work for them and their families.
- Recently, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tried to explain that American “soccer moms” with two vans, were disappearing from society.
- And yet the American upper middle class, where many soccer moms reside, is the fastest growing economic class in the country.
- Thus, again she spouts a reality that is totally unfounded in the numbers and reality: According to the Census Bureau, there are 10.6 million children under the age of 15 in two parent homes being raised by stay at home “soccer moms”, a 13% increase over the past decade.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: