As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims:
1) The President got back into the global warming hysteria business recently when he urged all Americans to prepare to flee their homes because of likely hurricane devastation caused by climate change. He called on every Americans to put together a disaster plan and set of supplies which is always sound advice, especially people like me that live in Florida.
So it is not the “what” that I found silly it is the “why,” which Obama defines as “more powerful and devastating” hurricanes that climate change is going to bring to our shores. Perhaps he has not noticed that the U.S. has not been hit by a “devastating” hurricane for more than ten years (127 months and counting). In Florida, we have been in living the state since October, 2005 and have yet to experience being hit by a major hurricane. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is predicting a “near normal” Atlantic hurricane season this year.
His words: “All of us have seen the heartbreak, the damage and, in some case, the loss of life that hurricanes can cause. And as climate continues to change, hurricanes are only going to become more powerful and more devastating.”
Again, I appreciate the common sense warning but could he please, just once, not associate every weather change, every new warm front with man made global warming and climate change. The realities and recent history just make his “devastating” comments look foolish and reduce his credibility on the all important issue of being prepared just in case.
2) We have covered this reality in the past but is it is worth repeating since global warming advocates refuse to listen to reason and basic math. Over and over again people like Obama, Al Gore and other advocates for global warming/climate change throw out the single number of 97%, making the incorrect claim that 97% of all scientists agree that mankind is causing global warming/climate change. The implicit inference is that if you are a man made global warming/climate change doubter you are in a distinct minority against the overwhelming brain power of 97% of all scientists.
But they never explain where that magical, mystical 97% number comes from or what is behind it, how it was calculated, how valid it is, just rote repetition of 97%. We have already discussed this number in detail in a previous post:
That post actually showed that the 97% was derived independently at least three different times (what a remarkable coincidence!), with two of those times the number being derived by masters degree students at two different universities, not even Phd holders.
However, the most widely cited source of the magical 97% number comes from a “study” done by a Mr. John Cook of the University of Queensland. This is the methodology he used to prove that 97% of all scientists support the concept of man made global warming and climate change:
- Cook published a research paper in 2013 based on his study of 11,994 scientific papers, published between 1991 and 2011, papers that mentioned the search words, “global warming” and “global climate change.”
- Cook found that only 32.6% of the papers he researched actually supported the view of anthropogenic (or man made) global warming.
- Of that 32.6%, 97% said that “recent warming is mostly man-made,” i.e. they supported the position of Gore and Obama.
- And that is how the “97% of all scientists” myth and lie were created, it was 97% of 32.6%, a definite minority opinion of the over 11,000 papers researched.
We find that 66.4 percent of abstracts expressed no position on AGW, 32.6 percent endorsed AGW, 0.7 percent rejected AGW and 0.3 percent were uncertain about the cause of global warming. Among abstracts expressing a position on AGW, 97.1 percent endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming.
The bottom line is the study’s authors cut and diced the data until they got the answer they wanted and politicians then ran with the answer despite not knowing how flawed it was. If anything, the percentage of scientists in the world, according to the 11,000 scientific papers examined, who support the concept of man made global warming and climate change is a minority, not an overwhelming majority.
3) Yesterday, we discussed the state government effort in California that wants to outlaw and prosecute free speech, the First Amendment, and the ability to have a different opinion than politicians by making it a crime to be a global warming doubter. We made the simple and logical analogy to George Orwell’s novel, 1984, in that the state is trying regulate thought and speech while suppressing anything that is contrary to the official state position, hardly a situation to have in a democracy.
But it appears that the state political class in California are not the only government bureaucrats and politicians that want to bring 1984-like suppression to the global warming debate. Onan Coca, writing for the Eagle Rising website, reported that:
- Apparently, Attorney Generals from several liberal leaning states have been working with the Federal government, specifically Attorney General Loretta Lynch, to silence those of us that are global warming doubters by criminalizing that kind of thought process, you know, the kind that wants to examine ALL of the available climate data, not just the data and research that supports a pre-conceived notion.
- Fortunately, several democracy minded Senators have risen up to oppose such suppression of free speech.
- Senator Mike Lee took the issue up with Lynch directly with a letter that included the following passage: It has long been obvious that the Democratic Party’s assertion that the science of climate change is “settled” is little more than a cheap public-relations ploy masquerading as a monopoly on scientific knowledge. To give the matter a moment’s thought is to recognize that science – that field of inquiry dedicated to testing new theories, challenging prevailing views of the natural world, and overturning the conventional wisdom of the scientific community – cannot be settled.
- But that apparently had little impact on Lynch since she admitted in front of a Senate committee hearing that her department was having internal discussions to see if it was possible to prosecute organizations and individual citizens for holding opinions about man made climate change that she and others in the government found “objectionable.”
4) One last discussion for today’s and this month’s update on being a global warming doubter and a believer in science. In past discussions, we have discussed the harebrained conclusions that some advocates have put forth on what was causing global warming including beavers building dams and arctic squirrels burying nuts. But the latest theory on what is causing global warming/climate change may be the best, i.e. most insane, theory EVER.
According to a recent story on the MRCTV website by Thomas Murray on June 13, 2016:
- A senior Muslim cleric in Isfahan, Iran, Seyyed Youssef Tabatabi-nejad, recently stated in his sermon that that women dressing inappropriately is causing climate change.
- He urged Iran’s undercover morals police to crack down on “improper veiling” to keep Iran’s population as moral as possible and help keep global warming under control.
- In his sermon, the good cleric had that he had gotten photos of women next to the now dry Zayandeh-run River and that their improper dress had caused the river to dry up.
There you have for today’s discussion: global warming advocates still cheating by manipulating data, the arrival of Orwell’s “1984” via global warming freedom suppression, and short skirts causing climate havoc. See why it is easy to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science: many of those that are on the other side of the argument are not believers in science. More next month.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: