1) Voting is one of the most important functions, job duties, and actions in a democracy. It is where the one person/one vote doctrine allows common citizens to honestly decide who will run the government and how it should be run. Any violation of voting integrity or perception of violation of voting integrity endangers a basic foundation of a democracy.
Which makes the latest news about California very depressing and dangerous:
- According to analysis done by Judicial Watch, the state of California has 11 counties in which there are more registered voters than there are residents of voting age.
- Judicial Watch has pointed this out to California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, reminding him that the state may be in violation of Federal law, namely Section 8 of the National Voter Registration Act, and threatening to sue the state unless the situation is rectified properly.
- According to the Judicial Watch analysis: “[T]here were more total registered voters than there were adults over the age of 18 living in each of the following eleven (11) counties: Imperial (102%), Lassen (102%), Los Angeles (112%), Monterey (104%), San Diego (138%), San Francisco (114%), San Mateo (111%), Santa Cruz (109%), Solano (111%), Stanislaus (102%), and Yolo (110%).”
- The letter states that the percentage in L.A. Country may be as high as 144%.
- Judicial Watch threatens to sue if he does not respond in 14 days and unless “Padilla does not remove from the rolls “persons who have become ineligible to vote by reason of death, change in residence, or a disqualifying criminal conviction, and to remove noncitizens who have registered to vote unlawfully.”
Again, when the integrity of the voting process is even perceived to be busted, democracy is in mortal danger. Should be interesting to see if Mr. Padilla agrees with this reality.
2) Democrats have been in a snit since Hillary Clinton got defeated by a first time politician, Donald Trump, last November. Trump won even though Hillary and her camp spent far more money, had far more name recognition, and had far more mainstream media support.
In order to keep their heads from exploding from this reality, the Democrats had to invent an outside agent to account for Hillary’s unexpected loss. And that outside agent/tboogie man is Russia. If only Russia had not interfered, and how dare they interfere with our elections and democratic processes, Hillary would be President today.
But as you will see in the video clip associated with the link below, we as a country should not really complain about someone interfering in our elections and processes since the U.S. has been interfering in foreign elections for decades:
- We overthrew a duly elected politician in Iran back in the 1950s because he was a socialist and was encouraging ties with Communist Russia.
- We invaded Grenada and Somalia when we did not like their internal political trends.
- More recently, Obama sent his minions to interfere in the Israeli national elections in order to try and oust Netanyahu.
- Obama stuck his nose in the Brexit discussions and debates warning the people of a foreign land how to vote on Brexit, with many analysts claiming his interference in that election swung popular sentiment towards exiting.
- Obama tried to tell the President of the Phillipine to go easy on drug dealers in that country, ticking him off so much that the President of the Philippines lashed out at Obama, telling him to mind his own business, and then opening new relationships with China in defiance.
- Obama also stuck his nose into the internal politics of Honduras, after that country legally removed their socialist President who had illegally tried to make himself a lifetime ruler.
- And according to recent Congressional testimony, Obama sent U.S. taxpayer dollars, via USAID, to fund anti-government, George Soros supported radical groups in Macedonia in an attempt to swing that country towards socialism and away from its current stand on freedom and capitalism, as captured in the following videotape:
So, in my view, if you did not object to the U.S. interfering in other countries’ elections and politics, you really do not have a leg to stand on if that interference blows back into our elections, assuming if it even did.
3) Every month or so we check in with Chicago and see over and over how politicians at every level of government, local, state, county, and Federal, have been unable or unwilling to stop the high amount of murders and non-fatal shootings that go on every day, week, month, and year in Chicago. And this carnage goes on even though Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the country. No one in the entire political class has been able to solve the drug cartel and other gang related gun violence for years.
And while Chicago may lead the country in TOTAL gun violence, on a per population perspective Baltimore has for years been the leading violent city using that criteria. According to Joseph Curl, writing for the Daily Wire on August 6, 2017, Baltimore had 318 murders in 2016, or 51.1 murders for every 100,000 residents, leading the country. The 2017 murder rate adjusted for population is increasing over the 51.1.
Things got so bad that residents tried to step in where the local politicians failed and tried a unique approach: they launched a campaign that asked people in Baltimore not to kill anyone for 72 hours over a recent weekend. Yes, we have gotten to the point, at least in Baltimore, that we have to plead with criminals not to kill anyone if only for 72 hours.
Despite this unique, novel, and yes, desperate approach, it did not work. At least two people were killed over the 72 hour weekend period and others were wounded.
Baltimore resident Errika Bridgeford called for the truce. Her and her supporters put up a website, a Facebook page that had 1,600 visitors, she got the support of the police, and held community meetings in a desperate attempt to find a way, any way, to succeed where the local politicians failed. Unfortunately, her effort was not successful.
But you cannot blame her for trying since:
- One of her brothers was shot but survived in 2001.
- Another brother was murdered in 2007.
- Two of her cousins were murdered.
- Three of her cousins’ brothers were murdered.
- Recently, a childhood friend was murdered.
That will do it for today’s insanity: politicians that cannot run a voting process with integrity, politicians that interfere in foreign election processes, and politicians that fail to resolve inner city violence. Failures on all three fronts. More insanity to follow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: