- Apparently the United Nations has recently told Canada that it needs to pay reparations for slavery that ended over 150 years ago.
- The United Nations Human Rights Council has told Canada to “apologize for black slavery and pay reparations for their role in the slave trade and other forms of “anti-black racism.” In a report that was published this week, the special UN group said this about Canada’s current systemic racism:“History informs anti-black racism and racial stereotypes that are so deeply entrenched in institutions, policies and practices, that its institutional and systemic forms are either functionally normalized or rendered invisible, especially to the dominant group.”
- Seriously? Canada did not become a self governing country until after Britain had banned slavery.
- Canadians were active participants in operating the Underground Railroad that helped get runaway slaves to freedom in Canada.
- No one involved in Canadian slavery is still alive so who is going to get the reparations?
- Christians and other minority religion adherents are being murdered and enslaved across the Middle East and this is what the UN is working on, 150 years after the fact?
- Women in dozens of Arab and other countries are repressed and denied basic freedoms and liberties and this is what the UN is working on 150 years after the fact?
- There is a huge refugee problem in the Middle East and this is what the UN is working on 150 years after the fact?
- But it gets even worse since not only does the UN want Canadians to pay reparations, it wants them to also erect monuments to the preserve the history of slavery: “It is important to underline that the experience of African Canadians is unique because of the particular history of anti-black racism in Canada,” the report says. It recommends that the Canadian government “take concrete steps to preserve the history of enslavement and the political, social and economic contributions of African Canadians by establishing monuments in their honour.”
- Traditionally, submarine periscopes have relied on clunky hard to find and use expensive joysticks/hand grips.
- The Navy’s most advanced submarines, Virginia class, are equipped with so-called photonic hand grips that are made by Lockheed Martin and cost the American taxpayer about $38,000 each.
- These hand grips are designed for use only on Virginia class submarines and would be impossible to replace in an emergency.
- To someone’s credit somewhere in the Navy, the Navy asked some junior officers what could be done to make their life easier and a consistent complaint was the clunky hand grips.
- That led to a little research and it was found that hand controllers from a standard X-Box video game system worked just as well as the $38,000 custom made, clunky hand grips and and the X-Box controllers sold for only about $30.
- Not only is the X-Box controller ridiculously less expensive than the current handgrips, but if they break a replacement is easily obtained from the local toy or electronics store.
- In addition, since many current Navy personnel grew up playing video games on their own X-Box systems, training costs are also greatly reduced.
- Given that you have condoned, abetted, and protected your sexual predator husband for decades, maybe they did not want to a sexual predator back roaming the halls of the White House.
- Maybe they did not trust you with vital information as the President since you obviously could not be trusted to guard and protect classified information when you were Secretary of State.
- Maybe they did not trust you when you deleted over 30,000 emails from an illegal and unsecured computer server and used a specific program to make sure those emails stayed deleted and were untrackable.
- Maybe they looked at your Senate record and found that in your entire tenure you were able to get only three pieces of legislation passed that you were a primary sponsor of, especially since of the three named a post office and another of the three named a highway.
- Maybe they looked at you hypocrisy of being critical of Wall Street banks in private but supportive of them in private, especially when they gave you very rich speaking fees.
- Maybe they were just tired of your lies, from the true cause of the Benghazi attack (it was NOT some obscure video) to you landing under fire when visiting Bosnia (you did NOT land under fire) to saying all of your grandparents were immigrants (they were NOT), etc.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: