- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, sugar, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
- Citing the Washington Free Beacon as his source, Mr. Bandler reports that the Congressional Budget Office estimates that the average increase in Obama Care premiums will be 15% in 2018, about seven times higher than the current rate of inflation.
- As a result of this large increase, the CBO expects 2 million people to drop their Obama Care coverage and go uninsured in 2018.
- Specifically, the Beacon reported: "The budget office projects that average premiums will total $3,400 for a 21-year-old, $4,800 for a 45-year-old, and $9,800 for a 64-year-old this year."
- While some of the current Obama Care customers will feel the total impact of the increases because of taxpayer subsidies, millions who do not get subsidies will see large increases.
- Plus, those increase premiums have to be paid by someone and in many cases that will be the American taxpayer via Obama Care subsidies.
- According to another Free Beacon report, in 2018 there will be 63 counties throughout the country with NO Obama Care insurers available to them.
- Even though there will be no insurers to get coverage from in those counties, the residents of those counties will still have to pay penalties to the Federal government for not having insurance.
- Almost as bad, 1,472 counties, 45% of all U.S. counties, will have only one carrier to get an Obama Care policy from.
- The article cites a New York Times report that stated some Obama Care insurance policies may see their premiums increase by over 50% in 2018.
- It stated that some insurance regulators at the state level are raising rates very aggressively in order to avoid insurance companies abandoning their state’s Obama Care exchanges altogether.
- According to Georgia insurance commissioner Ralph Hudgens, some rates could go up 57.% in 2018: "Obamacare has become even more unaffordable for Georgia's middle class. I am disappointed by reports that the latest Obamacare repeal has stalled once again and urge Congress to take action to end this failed health insurance experiment."
- The average Obama Care premium increase will be 45% in Florida and 30% in New Mexico.
- The Times story cites experts that estimate the rates will go up from 10% to almost 60% next year.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: