- Joe Crowe, writing for NewsMax on December 15, 2017, reviewed the recent action taken by California politicians regarding the minimum wage in that state.
- The state has enacted legislation that will force companies to pay their workers at least $15 an hour by 2023.
- An analysis of that law by the Economic Policy Institute, which looked at employment trends from 1990 through 2017, concluded from their analysis that each 10% increase in the minimum wage in California resulted in a 2% decline in jobs for minimum wage workers.
- This led the Institute to conclude that this latest economic foray by state politicians will cost the state 400,000 jobs.
- Most of the job losses will be in the food service and retail industries, typical industries that hire lower waged people. lower income people.
- We have previously reported on how the State Department funneled millions of taxpayer dollars to a charity operated by his daughter, Vanessa Kerry.
- The latest report purports to confirm that Kerry knew all about this sham, non-competitive bid situation and did nothing to stop it.
- The Daily Caller claims that Kerry privately lauded his daughter’s program back in 2014 but did nothing to stop the non-competitive bid renewal of the State Department contract at that time: “What we’re talking about here is a multi-million dollar effort that will strengthen the capacity of healthcare workers to deliver lifesaving HIV services,” Kerry said in December 2014, at a World AIDS Day event. “[I]t will build on the Global Health Service Partnership with Peace Corps and Seed Global Health.”
- These Kerry comments from over three years ago is in direct conflict with the official State Department position that Kerry “played no role” in Department decision to funnel over $9 million to his daughter’s non-profit without any competitive bidding on the project being done.
- Most people know by now that a number of Washington politicians have been outed or at least accused of being sexual predators and perverts.
- One of the most accused those perverts was allegedly John Conyers, a Congressman from Michigan, who eventually resigned as a result of his actions and/or accusations against him from numerous women.
- Mr. Conyers apparently, at least in the initial stages of the sexual predator scandals, was not going to resign and apparently found a way to justify the reason for not resigning, according to his lawyer: “Mr. Conyers is not going to resign. If everybody that was facing ‘allegations’ — including the President, members of the House and Senate — resigned, we’d have a lot of unemployed people walking around.”
- The lawyerly statement is kind of admitting your client is wrong without admitting he is wrong, i.e. everyone else is being accused or is guilty of sexual harassment and worse so let’s not worry about my client’s alleged behavior, everyone else does it also.
- The lawyer then tried to rebound off of this “everyone else is doing it” defense to claim his client is innocent of the numerous charges even though we know that taxpayer funds were used to settle a 2015 lawsuit of sexual harassment that a woman had brought against the Congressman.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: