- According to a Daily Wire article by Ryan Saavedra on January 11, 2018, a former Obama administration official has implied that the Obama administration had warned a known, identified Iranian terrorist that the Israelis were about to assassinate him.
- The article summarizes the findings of an article that appeared in a Kuwaiti newspaper.
- A reporter for the New York Times, Bret Stephens, tweeted out the article that showed the newspaper claiming that the Obama administration had warned the Iranian government that Israel was going to kill Iranian general Qassem Soleimani who is the leader of the Quds Force, an officially designated sponsor of terrorism.
- The Daily Wire asserts that this general was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers killed while fighting in Iraq.
- Stephens then got into a Twitter war with a former member of Obama’s national security staff, Tommy Vietor, who more or less denied that the incident happened.
- However, as a result of the back and forth Twitter exchanges Stephens seemed to get Vietor in a corner that makes it appear that the Obama administration MAY have actually warned the Iranians in order to keep relations good with this terroristic country.
- The general accusation is that: “The Obama administration allowed Hezbollah terrorists to freely traffic drugs and launder money in order to broker the Iranian Nuclear Deal.”
- The terrorists were being investigated under the codename Project Cassandra which was led by the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency and whose purpose was to reduce the amount of money the Iranian-supported Hezbollah terrorists were raising via drug trafficking and money laundering.
- These efforts were estimated to give the terrorist organization $1 billion a year.
- Hezbollah has long been classified by the State Department as a terrorist organization.
- Hezbollah was formed in 1982 and is an arm of the Iranian government's armed forces to carry out terrorist and Iranian backed military efforts throughout the Middle East.
- Congressional testimony showed that Hezbollah had extensive connections with South American drug cartels.
- Former DEA operations chief Michael Braun called the Hezbollah drug running operation “the most sophisticated money laundering scheme or schemes that we have ever witnessed.”
- According to those involved in the Project Cassandra efforts, the Obama administration constantly blocked the DEA’s efforts to arrest and prosecute Hezbollah operatives or impose financial sanctions to cut back Hezbollah’s drug running operations.
- In addition, “In order to protect the nuclear deal, the Obama administration went so far as to allow a senior member of Hezbollah to return back to Lebanon, rather than pressuring the Czech government to have him extradited to the US after he was indicted for planning the murders of US government employees. Ali Fayed is reportedly back in the arms dealing business, supplying fighters in Syria with heavy weapons.”
- But all of this effort was for naught since a Politico article by Josh Meyers cites former Obama Treasury official, Katherine Bauer stating: “under the Obama administration … these [Hezbollah-related] investigations were tamped down for fear of rocking the boat with Iran and jeopardizing the nuclear deal.” The success of Project Cassandra in targeting and eliminating Hezbollah operations became “problematic” for the negotiations leading up to the nuclear deal; out of fear of the deal being sabotaged by DEA operations, the Obama White House took on a policy that would result in a deal, regardless of cost.”
- Once the incredibly bad, one sided Iranian nuclear arms deal was signed, the Project Cassandra leaders were immediately moved to other assignments.
- According to Joe Crowe, writing for NewsMax on January 10, 2018, reviewed some of the earliest reviews of Obama’s library plans.
- Alex Griswold of the Washington Free Beacon newspaper called the plans a “giant toenail.”
- A group of University of Chicago professors also gave a bad review: "This is a socially regressive plan . . . We also note that the Obama Center has abandoned its original plans to be a presidential library. It will be a private entity with no official connection to the National Archives."
- Ron Grossman of the Chicago Tribune said: "To me, it evokes a soft-boiled egg in a teacup."
Either in office or at out of office, the Obama Presidency still stinks. And is still lawless and expensive with no noticeable value in return. More insanity to follow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: