Let’s get started:
1) The state of California probably has the most intrusive, overbearing, and over regulating set of politicians and state government in the country. They interject themselves into just about every aspect of citizens’ lives from what kind of car they can drive, how much water they can use, to Lord knows what else. It is truly not a free state, given the over regulation that occurs and how much control politicians have over everyone’s lives.
Unfortunately, this control is almost always counterproductive since no politician is smart enough to control all factors in life and their actions often result in very bad unexpected consequences. Consider what is going on in San Francisco, one of the most regulated cities in one of the most regulated states, according to a recent article from the Freedom Outpost website:
- The homeless situation in San Francisco, a city close to some of the richest people in the world in nearby Silicon Valley, actually has a website and smartphone app that allows local residents to call the city to complain about human feces lying about on the streets of the city.
- And this website and app are not used only occasionally since over 20,000 complaints were registered via them for human feces complaints in a single WEEK.
- Besides the obvious smell and health hazards of such a dire situation, the city has lost what might the first of many convention and tourist opportunities as a result.
- According to the San Francisco Chronicle, a major medical convention has decided to take its convention business elsewhere along with the 15,000 visitors and $40 million the convention normally brought to San Francisco: “It’s the first time that we have had an out-and-out cancellation over the issue, and this is a group that has been coming here every three or four years since the 1980s,” said Joe D’Alessandro, president and CEO of S.F. Travel, the city’s convention bureau.
- According to follow up surveys from past conventions the group held in San Francisco, “The doctors group told the San Francisco delegation that while they loved the city, post convention surveys showed their members were afraid to walk amid the open drug use, threatening behavior and mental illness that are common on the streets.”
2) We have often talked about how riddled with fraud and crime most, if not all, Federal programs are. Today let’s discuss the latest rip off of taxpayer money occurring in the state of Maine and another Freedom Outpost article:
- The former owner of a Muslim halal market was recently convicted and sentenced to three years in jail, along with his brother, for defrauding the Federal government.
- They illegally traded $1.4 million in Federal food benefits for cash which resulted in “one of the largest, if not the largest, fraud cases involving [Federal food] benefits in Maine.”
- His official crimes included money laundering, defrauding the U.S. government, and theft of government funds.
- Besides jail the brothers were also fined over $2.3 million.
- The two brothers were immigrants from Iraq and tried to justify their theft as helping the local immigrant community.
3) Not only are most American politicians inept and liars, they are also usually major hypocrites. California (again California?!) has been a state with politicians that seem more focused on taking care of illegal immigrants than taking care of the citizens that vote them into office. Led by Governor Jerry Brown, the California politicians have passed laws and created so-called “sanctuary cities” that defy current immigration Federal law to give shelter and wealth to illegal immigrants.
Never mind that San Francisco, as we saw above, is devolving into a third world hell hole. Never mind that over 40% of LA citizens make so little money that they qualify for Medicaid. Never mind that California schools generally stink, homelessness is a major and growing problem across the whole state, and many of its cities, counties, and the state government are likely to go bankrupt because of far too much debt. One would think that Brown and his cohorts would be focused on these citizen problems rather than fighting for illegal immigrants’ well being.
But according to research from the Freedom Outpost website, Brown is really nothing more than another political hypocritical hack:
- Back in 1975, the Vietnam situation was deteriorating and President Reagan wanted to relocate thousands of once loyal South Vietnamese citizens to the U.S.
- But Brown told Reagan to go pound sand, that he did not want his state to take in any immigrants from war ravaged Vietnam and likely save the lives of people that had been loyal to the U.S.
- Brown went so far as to threaten to block immigrant flights from Vietnam that were coming into a California Air Force base.
- Brown was quoted in Newsweek as saying, “We can’t be looking 5,000 miles away and at the same time neglecting people who live here.”
- Julia Vadala Taft, who led the interagency task force for Vietnamese refugee resettlement, remembered Brown’s opposition in her book about the fall of South Vietnam: "The new governor of California, Jerry Brown, was very concerned about refugees settling in his state. Brown even attempted to prevent planes carrying refugees from landing at Travis Air Force Base near Sacramento. . . . The secretary of health and welfare, Mario Obledo, felt that this addition of a large minority group would be unwelcome in California. And he said that they already had a large population of Hispanics, Filipinos, blacks, and other minorities.”
- Brown is also quoted as saying: "There is something a little strange about saying, 'Let's bring in 500,000 more people' when we can't take care of the 1 million [Californians] out of work."
- But when Obama tried to bring in a load of immigrants from Arab countries. Brown said he would “work closely” with Obama "so that he can both uphold America's traditional role as a place of asylum, but also ensure that anyone seeking refuge in America is fully vetted."
That will do it for today’s political class insanity: Hypocrisy and human feces abound in California and defrauding the Federal taxpayer is alive and well in Maine….and probably elsewhere. More insanity to follow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: