Let’s get started:
1) The success of the American experiment has been a constant striving for freedom to do what anyone wanted to do and freedom from overreaching and overbearing politicians. This striving has resulted in the most free and most prosperous country in the history of the world. It has survived and thrived as communism, socialism and dictatorships have come and gone and failed.
Nevertheless, American politicians have never learned from history and constantly try to impose their will and ego on us, to the detriment of our freedom and personal life opportunities:
- New York City Democratic mayor, Bill de Blasio, who is really a Communist in a Democrat’s clothing, recently proposed that the city government be able to seize buildings if the city asserts that those landlords forced the tenants out of the building.
- Apparently, he thinks he should be able to do this without a court hearing or trial, just arbitrary seizing of private property.
- Many are calling this unabashed communism, including his opponent in the last mayoral election, Nicole Malliotakis: “My first reaction was: Is this communist Cuba? I can say that as a daughter of Cuban refugees who fled Castro’s Cuba in 1959, this is what happened to her family, she had her home taken, my grandfather had his gas station taken. This is extreme even for Mayor de Blasio, because we know that he has socialist leanings, but this is straight communism and I think it’s very scary to America-loving, democracy-loving people.”
- There are currently laws on the books that would allow city inspectors to fine or use other methods to force landlords to abide by current building codes.
- However, de Blasio, communist that he is, wants to go a step further beyond these current laws and codes and actually have the city government seize these private properties, again, without due process.
- He would then take these seized properties and simply turn them over to a local “community nonprofit” who would theoretically manage these buildings and “treat tenants with the respect they deserve.”
- According to de Blasio he is “pursuing new local law to seize upwards of 40 of the most distressed multiple dwelling buildings annually and transition them to responsible, mission driven ownership.”
2) In theory, elected officials at all levels of government should be representatives of the people, carrying out their will. Unfortunately, our elected officials today care only about their own careers and greed, almost always ignoring the will of the people unless it benefits themselves, career or money wise.
It appears that this is the case with the border wall dispute between Trump and Congressional Democrats. Trump would rather have a more secure border and allow immigrants into this country in a controlled, safe manner using existing laws. Democrats would rather have open borders allowing anyone across the border without checking them for disease, criminal intent or terrorism intent.
So, if the Democrats were truly representing the will of Americans, would they have the same view? Apparently not since:
- According to a recent Fox News poll, 61% of those surveyed support Trump’s stance on border security.
- A majority of those polled, 53%, agree with Trump and want a physical barrier/wall built along the border.
- Back in late 2018, a Zogby poll found that 51% of Hispanic Americans supported Trump’s policy of preventing migrant caravans from teeming over our southern border, with 31% strongly agreeing with Trump’s policy vs. 28% strongly disagreeing.
- 57% of Hispanics polled agreed with Trump’s move to put troops on the border to protect our border
- Even 31% of overall Democrats in the poll supporting sending troops to the border.
3) Some pretty disgusting behavior coming to light over the past week or so within the political class:
- Matt House, long time top staff member on Senator Chuck Schumer’s staff, resigned from his high visibility post.
- The reason was that he had engaged in sexual harassment and predator behavior with junior female staffers.
- Rather than own up to his despicable behavior, in typical political class fashion he blamed something else but not himself: “I deeply regret the mistakes I made on the number of occasions when I had too much to drink, and I apologize to anyone who was affected by my behavior.”
- Virginia governor, Ralph Northam, has his own embarrassing problems.
- As of today, it appears that the governor, while a medical school student, dressed up in either black face or a KKK costume when he was a student while partying.
- This reality was brought to light this past week when a picture from the medical school yearbook came to light where we found out that on the governor’s yearbook page was a picture of the black face and KKK costumes along with the reality that the governor’s nickname back then was “Coonman,” a racist comment relative to African Americans.
- When confronted with the photo, he admitted that one of those in the picture was him but he did not specify which one.
- A few days later, as the scandal exploded around him, he contradicted himself and said that the picture did not include him and was on his page by mistake, 34 years after the fact.
- So now he does not only have the racist picture to deal with but he also has an integrity problem to deal with since first he was in the picture and then he was not in the picture.
That will do it for today: bad behavior by bad political class members acting badly, ignoring the will and desires of voters, and communism alive and well in NYC. More insanity to follow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: