To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
It looks like our politicians have been especially insane over the past month or so let’s get started with the latest insanity from today’s American politicians:
1) Despite running an astronomical national debt of over $19 TRILLION, the bureaucrats in the Federal government continue to waste epic amounts of money in absolutely absurd ways. Today’s stupid waste of taxpayer money comes to us courtesy of the National Science Foundation, NSF. Which should not be a surprise since we have often referred to the insanely stupid ways the NSF has wasted taxpayer wealth over the years. Consider just one of our previous posts that chronicled their obscene wasteful spending:
Today’s waste of wealth comes to us from a recent Washington Free Beacon article by Elizabeth Harrington. According to Ms. Harrington, the NSF gave out a grant of over $400,000 to study how glaciers can shape “religious beliefs and cultural values.” I will let that sink in for a minute…. Yes, as a taxpayer, your government took some of your tax money, gave it to a university professor who proceeded to analyze how a very large chunk of ice somewhere where it is very cold and tried to correlate it to religious and cultural values.
Details from the article include the following absurdities:
- The final research paper was entitled, “Glaciers, gender, and science” and concluded that “ice is not just ice.”
- According to professor Mark Carey of the University of Oregon, the leader of the research: “Glaciers are key icons of climate change and global environmental change. However, the relationships among gender, science, and glaciers–particularly related to epistemological questions about the production of glaciological knowledge – remain understudied.”
- The final research paper concluded that, “Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions.”
- The research asserts that glaciers can shape “religious beliefs and cultural values,” and that climate change can lead to the “breakdown of stereotypical gender roles and even ‘gender renegotiation.’”
- More hogwash from the study: “A critical but overlooked aspect of the human dimensions of glaciers and global change research is the relationship between gender and glaciers,” the paper said. “While there has been relatively little research on gender and global environmental change in general there is even less from a feminist perspective that focuses on gender (understood here not as a male/female binary, but as a range of personal and social possibilities) and also on power, justice, inequality, and knowledge production in the context of ice, glacier change, and glaciology.”
- The exact cost of this study for taxpayers was $412,930.
- A student working with Carey on the study pushed to expand the scope of the study to include gender impacts of glaciers, justifying this nonsense as follows: “I wanted to know more about the relationship between women and ice, so we pursued the topic from climate-change vulnerability to knowledge,” said the student, Jaclyn Rushing, an environmental studies and romance languages major.
I’m sorry and maybe I am insensitive to the topic of glaciers and gender impacts but really - over $400,000 for this garbage? Millions of Americans go hungry every day, millions are homeless at any time during a year, thousands of veterans cannot get the medical treatment they were promised, almost 50,000 Americans die from drug overdoses every year because they did not get addiction treatment in time and the Federal bureaucracy just spent $400,000 on this study. Pathetically and tragically insane.
3) Liberals and Democrats are always trying to be politically correct, often taking it to the absurd. They are always so critical of others that do not match their passion for saying things that are not insensitive to others, no matter to what ridiculous heights they take it.
But they often do not carry that standard of correctness over to their own vocabulary. Consider the recent remarks Obama made in a question and answer session in Chicago when discussing his latest nominee to the Supreme Court, Merrick Garland: “And so, when I look at Merrick Garland, that was the person that… you know, the difference between the Supreme Court is that it’s just a handful of seats come up at any given time. Now, I appointed a Latino woman, and another woman right before that, so…You know, yeah, he’s a white guy. But he’s a really outstanding jurist. Sorry! You know, he is. I think that’s important.”
So here we have the first African-American President joking and apologizing for nominating a “white guy” to the Supreme Court. Imagine the uproar if Bush had said the same thing but he had nominated a “black guy” to the Supreme Court, “You know, yeah, he’s a black guy. But he’s a really outstanding jurist. Sorry!”? Liberals and Democrats would have been besides themselves in outrage.
Which is just another example of the hypocrisy of the American political class. When someone in the other party says something like this we get outraged. Someone in our party says something like this, and they joke about it. Very, very small minded people in so many ways.
4) The Washington Free Beacon had a recent example that shows how cozy Washington politicians have become with the power brokers in this country, being accountable to their constituents be damned. According to writer Joe Schoffstall, former Congressman Jim Moran of Virginia is now a registered lobbyist, representing companies who were among his top campaign fundraisers when he was in Congress.
He is now employed by DC located law firm McDermott Will & Emery and has filed to lobby for General Dynamics and Boeing. While in office, Moran took in $4,600 in campaign donations from General Dynamics employees and another $71,000 from General Dynamics related PACs. Boeing employees gave him $99,000 and Boeing PACs chipped in another $57,000.
See how it works. Washington politicians take money while in office from organizations looking to gain advantages from legislative action and those same politicians get more money as reward, after leaving Congress, for the favors they did for those same organizations while in office. Nowhere in this cycle are the interests of ordinary Americans taken into account. This is what our country has become, money buys influence, and then it buys a job for those in office.
Oh, by the way, according to the article, six other former Congressional members made the same decision as Moran this year relative to their post-Congress career.
5) Let’s finish today’s insanity with some really depressing economic news. It is no surprise that the U.S. economy, under Obama, has been performing very pathetically and substantialy below the long term trend. Wages and household incomes are stagnant, over 14 million Americans are either unemployed or working at part time jobs because they cannot find full time work, the labor participation rate is at all time lows, annual overall economic growth has been limping along at anemic levels, never attaining the long average long term growth rate of over 3%, and the ever growing level of taxation and regulations under Obama has resulted in terrible economic performance.
And this poor showing under Obama was attained even though:
- Obama spent over $800 billion on a failed economic stimulus program.
- Record low energy costs in the past few years should have fueled over economic growth.
- The Federal Reserve pumped TRILLIONs of dollars into the economy.
Jim Clifton, Gallup Chairman and CEO, speaking of the latest Gallup findings: “The U.S. Census Bureau reports that the total number of new business startups and business closures per year — the birth and death rates of American companies — have crossed for the first time since the measurement began. I am referring to employer businesses, those with one or more employees, the real engines of economic growth. Four hundred thousand new businesses are being born annually nationwide, while 470,000 per year are dying.”
This negative economic trend of business creation and death has been deteriorating every year during the Obama presidency: “Until 2008, startups outpaced business failures by about 100,000 per year. But in the past six years, that number suddenly turned upside-down. There has been an underground earthquake. As you read this, we are at minus 70,000 in terms of business survival,” writes Clifton.
How bad is this fiasco relative to the rest of the world? According to Clifton: “The U.S. now ranks not first, not second, not third, but 12th among developed nations in terms of business startup activity.” Denmark, Finland, Hungary, and even financially strapped Italy is starting up more businesses than the U.S.
Clifton concludes with some dire warnings: “Let’s get one thing clear: This economy is never truly coming back unless we reverse the birth and death trends of American businesses. It is catastrophic to be dead wrong on the biggest issue of the last 50 years — the issue of where jobs come from…when small and medium-sized businesses are dying faster than they’re being born, so is free enterprise. And when free enterprise dies, America dies with it.”
In the meantime, President Obama is going to baseball games in Cuba, taking tango lessons in Argentina, playing golf in D.C., filming video tribute clips on the demise of “American Idol,” working on his choices for the 2016 NCAA March Madness tournament, and jetting off to Chicago to pal around with some law students. All the while while the economic conditions he created are destroying the job creation machine in this country, a machine that was once the envy of the whole world and which is now lagging behind elven other countries. Pathetic economy management.
Another depressing day as the American class continues to destroy the country and the economy while looking out for themselves. This was our eight post this month on political class insanity and we are not close to being done yet. Which is the real insanity. More idiocy tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com