- There are about 14 million Americans who are unemployed or working part time since they cannot find a full time job.
- Even jobs that have been created under Obama have tended to be low wage, menial jobs.
- Household wages and incomes have stagnated throughout the Obama administration.
- Current Presidential pensions are orders of magnitudes higher than the median U.S. household income.
- Social Security recipients got no increase in their payments this past year.
- Recent past Presidents have milked their Presidencies for multi-millions of dollars in speaking fees and other activities.
- The Obama family is likely worth over $10 million and counting.
Unfortunately, it is not in effect which allows the existing set of American politicians to continue to enrich themselves at the expense of struggling taxpayers.
- The Ivanpah plant cost $2.2 billion to build.
- Much of the plant was funded with taxpayer loan guarantees to the tune of $1.6 billion.
- The plant is owned by Google, NRG Energy, and Brightsource, all of which have a combined market cap of half a TRILLION dollars.
- Obviously, these three companies could have paid for the whole plant, given their corporate, they did not need the American taxpayer to put up $1.6 billion.
- Despite spending so much money, the electricity created by Ivanpah is four to five times more expensive than electricity created by natural gas powered plants.
- Ivanpah electricity is two to three times more expensive than electricity created from other solar technologies.
- The physical plant has burned thousands of birds to death.
- It is behind on its loan payments which means that the taxpayer loan guarantees are in danger.
- It is looking for half a billion in financing to pay off the guaranteed loans.
- Even though it is a solar plant, it still needs to burn 4.5 hours worth of natural gas each day just to get the whole plant underway.
- Its actual production of electricity is running 32% below what was promised despite receiving only 9% less sunlight than planned for.
4) Hillary Clinton to some degree and Bernie Sanders to a very great degree want to bring more socialism programs to the country and our economy. But is that a good idea? Consider a recent article and analysis by Juan Carlos Hidalgo, writing for Cato, on what socialism did for Venezuela:
- Transparency International ranks Venezuela and Haiti as two of the most corrupt countries in the Western Hemisphere.
- Annual inflation in Venezuela will reach 720% this year, according to the IMF.
- External national debt is up 115% in the past ten years.
- Given how worthless the Venezuelan currency has become, and the government does not have American dollars to purchase imports, there are widespread shortages throughout the entire country.
- Citizens line up for hours at government run supermarkets to find very little stock and choices available to them.
- A national opinion poll found that the percentage of Venezuelans eating less than three meals a day has grown 10 percentage points in the past year.
- Only 20% of the drugs that doctors need to treat their patients are available.
- Much of the country’s medical equipment is useless since there is no money to purchase repair parts - 86% of the country’s X-ray machines do not work.
- A recent article in one of the few remaining newspapers in the country quoted a resident doctor in one of the public hospitals saying that, due to the shortages, doctors cannot save the lives of all patients. “We are operating under war conditions.”
- The government’s inane reaction to the shortages was to encourage citizens create “urban gardens” and grow their own food or to raise chickens.
- One citizen tried to take this advice and bought 30 chickens but could not find any feed for the birds so he and his family had to kill the chickens and eat them lest the birds starve to death.
Our book, "Love My Country, Loathe My Government - Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom And Destroying The American Political Class" is now available at:
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com