They have control over our retirement incomes and medical care (Social Security and Medicare), they have control over how much taxes we pay to the Federal government, they have control over the future financial solvency or insolvency of the country, they determine what laws get written, considered, voted on and enacted, etc. Once you put their idiotic quotes in that light, it gets really scary.
1) "I’ve been in 57 states. I think I have one left to go." Barack Obama, during his first Presidential campaign. Are we sure he went to college?
2) "The number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word” jobs. J-O-B-S." Joe Biden, I love how he got it wrong twice, once when he said it and then when he spelled it.
3) "Eight more days and I can start telling the truth again." Senator Chris Dodd while campaigning for the Senate, finally an honest politician, at least for one sentence.
4) "A zebra does not change its spots." Al Gore, and he still thinks he can recognize climate change far into the future when he does not know the difference between spots and stripes today.
5) "Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs." Nancy Pelosi, given that there are only 300 million Americans in the country today, with many of them kids, we now have proof that Ms. Pelosi lives in a different dimension altogether where mathematical logic is sorely lacking.
6) "Jews should get get the hell out of Palestine ...and go home to Germany and Poland." Journalist Helen Thomas, a statement that does not deserve another ounce of attention or consideration, given how inane and insensitive it is.
7) "African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do." Bill Clinton, I bet they put their pants on the same way also Bill.
8) "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very, very low crime rate." Former DC Mayor Marion Barry, yeah, such a shame that they include killings as part of the crime statistics.
9) "Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, ‘Thank God, I am still alive.’ But of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again." California Senator Barbara Boxer, an understatement of epic proportions Senator.
10) "We’d like to avoid problems, because when we have problems, we can have troubles." Former Arizona governor, Wesley Bolin, problems cause troubles, who knew?
11) "It all depends on what the meaning of the word “is” is." Bill Clinton, yes, there are so many meanings of the word is, I can see your confusion.
12) "I am clearly more popular than Reagan, I am in my third term. Where’s Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less!" Former DC Mayor Marion Barry, ever here about term limits Mr. Mayor?
13) "His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. Bless her soul. And - although, she’s - wait - your mom’s still - your mom’s still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul." Vice President Joe Biden talking about the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen whose mother was indeed still alive, maybe the VP should have read his prep notes before talking.
14) "I’m blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community. Not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up." Former Illinois Governor and current prison inmate Rod Blagojevich, yes, all black people shine shoes, what a racist statement to make.
15) "When Aretha first told us what R-S-P-E-C-T meant to her, she had no idea it would become a rallying cry for African-Americans and women and then everyone who felt marginalized because of what they look like and who they love." Barack Obama, I guess that takes Dan Quayle off the top of the list for worst spelling politician ever.
15) Bonus quote: “I don't fear the terrorists, they are mothers and fathers.” Rosie O’Donnell, she must have forgot that the San Bernardino terrorists that shot up their co-workers were a mother and father as are probably hundreds of other suicide bombers around the world.
16) An oldie but goodie quote: “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it .” Former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, regarding the pending Obama Care legislation, she must love opening Christmas gifts to find out what is inside them.
There you have it, a quick review of the continued insanity that comes out of the mouths of those involved with our political processes. These would be hilarious except for the fact that the people saying these idiotic things are the same ones that spend our tax dollars, control major aspects of our lives, and have no clue they are so inept and stupid sounding. Their constant jabbering make the case for term limits so much necessary:
To review other inane and idiotic political quotes we have reviewed previously, just type in the phrase, "darndest things" in the search box above to get ready access to a treasure trove of nonsense.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com