- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
- Anthem, Inc. is now also seriously thinking about dropping out of the Obama Care world.
- Anthem Chief Executive Officer Joseph Swedish explained the situation: “If we do not see clear evidence of an improving environment and a path towards sustainability in the marketplace, we will likely modify our strategy in 2018. Clearly, 2017 is a critical year as we continue to assess the long-term viability of our exchange footprint.”
- If Anthem does drop out of offering Obama Care policies, 889,000 Americans in 14 states will lose their current insurance policies.
- The reason for Anthem possibly dropping out is quite simple, according to Sweden: “The financial performance in individual ACA compliant products has been disappointing as membership has been short of our original expectations.”
- Anthem missed its latest earnings estimates as its costs were higher than expected.
- The Obama administration via the Health and Human Services Department (HHS) recently announced that the cost of Obama Care policies will increase by an average of 25% in 2017.
- HHS based the 25% average increase estimate by looking at the insurance costs in each state for a 27 year old non-smoker purchasing the second lowest cost silver Obama Care policy, about the middle of all Obama Care options.
- Only two states will see average decreases in Obama Care policies in 2017 (Indiana and Massachusetts).
- Every other state will see increases (HHS did not provide estimates for seven states).
- Arizona, (116%), Oklahoma (69%), and Tennessee (63%) will see the greatest increase.
- Minnesota (59%), Alabama (58%), Pennsylvania (53%), and Nebraska will also see the most whopping increases in 1017, a far cry from seeing up to a $2,500 decrease in their annual premium costs.
- 23% of Obama Care policy holders will have to absorb the entire increase in their insurance costs since they do not qualify for subsidies.
- While the 77% of those with subsidies will not pay for the entire increases in their policies, those costs do not magically disappear, they are being paid by the American taxpayer via the Federal government, increasing the national debt.
- Many people stuck with Obama Care policies used to have policies that were much cheaper and focused only on their own, specific health needs but Obama Care required every insurance policy to have features and requirements that many people did not need but which pumped up the cost of their Obama Care replacement policies regardless of what subsidies they may be getting.
- As we previously discussed, the average increase in the cost of premiums of Obama Care policies will go up a whopping 25% in 2017.
- But the premiums are not the only problem in 2017, the deductible levels are also skyrocketing.
- For the lowest cost bronze plan, a single person will face a whopping deductible of $6,000 and a family will face a deductible of $12,393.
- For a silver plan Obama care policy, a single policyholder will face a deductible of $3,572 while a family will face a deductible of $7,474.
- Thus, it is false advice when Obama Care supporters say that an American could find a bronze plan Obama Care policy for less than a $100 a month since a single person who went that route, probably because they are in a lower income bracket, would still face a likely insurmountable deductible bar of $6,000 before that policy gave them any benefit.
- Given how badly Obama Care is performing, the governor of Minnesota (a state that is going to see 50% to 67% increases in Obama Care policy premiums in 2017), Mark Dayton, wants to lay another tax on all Minnesota residents to pay for Obama Care premiums for a minority of Minnesota residents, those that are Obama Care customers, a tax that would come to about $150 per family per year.
- Hillary Clinton wants to add another subsidy to low income Obama Care policy holders but that plan, according to the liberal the Commonwealth Fund, will add a whopping $90 billion to the national debt just in 2018.
- This $90 billion comes out to an additional tax load of about $800 per every American household.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: