- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
2) Robert Moffit, writing for the Heritage Foundation on November 4, 2016, outlined a bunch of other facts about the implosion of Obama Care in his article, "Obama Care Revealed as Masterpiece of Government’s Failed Central Planning:”
- Mr. Moffit correctly sums up how we got to where we are today with Obama Care: “Liberals in Congress meticulously designed the Affordable Care Act’s insurance exchanges as powerful regulatory bodies. They defined the kinds of insurance plans, benefits, and medical treatments and procedures the plans must offer; set all of the insurance rules; determined the permissible premium and deductible levels; and organized the most complex and confusing premium subsidy program imaginable. So, federal government control was, and is, comprehensive. They planned it all.”
- And what did this overreaching government intrusion into our lives get us: “Americans have less consumer choice, less market competition, exploding insurance premiums, ridiculous deductibles, fewer doctors, a narrowing of provider networks—no, you can’t necessarily “keep” your doctor—and the looming prospect of ever bigger burdens on taxpayers.”
- In 2016, the Congressional Budget Office projected that 21 million Americans would get coverage via an Obama Care insurance policy: only 11 million signed up.
- The Obama administration is estimating that 13.8 million will sign up in 2017 but that would still more than 30% short of what was supposed to happen in 2016 and given the unpopularity of the whole process, that 13.8 million is likely very and overly optimistic.
- As we have pointed out many times before, it is not only the ever increasing premiums costs of Obama Care that are a burden but also the ever increasing deductible costs that mean while many more Americans have health insurance, they cannot afford to make use of it because of high deductibles: the average deductible for an Obama Care silver policy is $3,572 for a single person and $7,474 for a family while a bronze Obama Care customer faces a whopping $6,000 deductible for a single person and a $12,393 deductible for a family on average.
- And although about third quarters of Obama Care policy holders get a taxpayer subsidy to pay for their insurance, 40% of them are dissatisfied with the size of their premiums and 46% are dissatisfied with the size of their deductibles according to research done by the Kaiser Family Foundation.
- In 2017, 15 new insurance companies will start offering Obama Care policies but 83 insurers will be stopping their offerings of Obama Care policies.
- In 2017, it looks like about one in three counties (32.8%) across the country will have only one Obama Care insurer to choose from while another third or so (35.9%) will have only two insurers to choose from, totally killing the Obama promise that Obama Care would lead to more competition.
But none of this should not be surprise to anyone if we venture back to another Democratic quote in the video, this one courtesy of then Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: “We have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it.” A more stupid statement has never been uttered by any politician anywhere, at anytime.
Unfortunately, there will be more Obama Care disasters tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: