It never had a chance to be successful since it really never addressed the underlying root causes of our ever increasing health costs in the country:
- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
But it is not just missing the root causes of our healthcare costs that makes Obama Care so horrible. It resulted in millions of Americans losing access to their favored doctors, hospitals, and insurance policies. It has caused insurance premiums, deductibles and co-pays to escalate substantially. It will likely add trillions of dollars to the national debt. It has exposed millions of Americans to higher than necessary identity theft chances. It has created government bureaucracies that are wastefully spending taxpayer wealth and being exploited by criminal elements. It has stifled economic growth and job creation.
These are just a sample of the types of idiocy that we have been reviewing for the past several years in this blog relative to Obama Care., To read those past posts, just enter the phrase, “the unfolding disaster,” in the search box above.
This week we will be reviewing the latest unfolding disasters from the worst piece of legislation ever written by Washington:
1) We have already discussed the reality that Obama is living in a different world when it comes to Obama Care. He recently proclaimed that only a handful of Americans will be affected by the rampaging increases in Obama Care policy costs but we showed that his handful of Americans is at least 2.3 million people, bigger than all but three cities in the country.
Well, according to the Washington Free Beacon newspaper and an article by Andrew Kugle on November 7, 2016, he is back at the delusional business. At a recent political rally in Florida, Obama claimed that: “The parade of horribles that Republicans have talked about haven’t happened." Obama told a crowd of supporters in Florida on Thursday.
The parade of horribles that Republicans predicted years ago included increased costs of health insurance for Americans, the loss of insurance policies for people that currently had health insurance coverage, and increased costs, regulations, and hassles for small businesses. Specifically:
- Congressman Paul Ryan said that, “This bill does not control costs.”
- Senator Lamar Alexander said that, “Premiums will increase in the individual (insurance) market.”
- Congressman Eric Cantor said that, “Between eight million and nine million people might very well lose the coverage they have.”
And what actually happened? Premium and deductible costs will skyrocket in 2017 for Obama Care policies with premiums costs going up a national average of over 20%, with some state premium costs going up much higher in different states. Millions of Americans, who were happy with their existing insurance policies, were forced to find new insurance policies that were almost always substantially higher than the policies they were happy with but were forced to give up because of Obama Care.
President Obama, still living in alternative reality when it comes to the unfolding disaster that is Obama Care. In fact, the fact checking organization, Politifact, rated Obama;’s claim that “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it” as the “lie of the year.”
2) Jamie Gregora, writing for the Heritage Foundation, talked about the major problem with Obama Care, namely that younger healthier Americans did not sign up for Obama Care problems, quite possibly because they did not want to be the Obama Care stooges that would subsidize healthcare costs for older Americans:
- Given that younger Americans mostly feel that they are young and healthy and will not need health insurance and that paying the Obama Care fine for not having insurance is far less than the cost of Obama Care insurance policies, the decision to not get insurance is a no brainer.
- This is especially true since younger people usually have lower incomes than the rest of America and they have other, more important expenses to worry about.
- American adults aged 18 to 34 represented 40% of the uninsured in the country but accounted for only 24% of the Obama Care policy holders in 2014, perfectly illustrating why Obama Care is failing, younger and healthier Americans are not signing up for Obama Care at the same rate that they exist in the population.
- The Obama Care legislation also forbids insurance companies from charging more for insurance for older Americans who are more likely to need health insurance coverage which means that the insurance companies have to charge younger Americans more, who are less likely to need health insurance coverage, which puts health insurance costs out of the reach of younger Americans.
3) Let’s finish up today with an oldie but goodie from the disastrous history of Obama Care. Remember when Obama Care architect, MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, proudly bragged that the law was intentionally written in a contorted way to make it impossible to figure out exactly what was in it and that the supporters of the legislation relied on the stupidity of Americans to get it passed? Relive this idiot’s comments at:
Who is stupid now, Mr. Gruber? Americans you so despise or the law you helped write that has increased premiums and deductibles to unheard of levels, repressed the number of insurance companies competing in the Obama Care market, has limited choices in the doctors and hospitals that can be used, and robbed millions of Americans of the insurance policies they had and who were happy with what they had?
One last set of Obama Care failures tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: