- The Associated Press recently reported that California had miscalculated the expenses of their Medicaid program, Medi-Cal, by $1.9 billion last year.
- This more than doubled the original estimated 2016 budget deficit of $1.6 billion.
- The state spokesman claimed that this was an “accounting error,” obviously a really BIG accounting error.
- The original deficit of $1.6 billion was driven by a shortfall in tax revenue which has now been exploded even bigger by this “accounting” screw up, a screw up that surprised state politicians: “It makes you wonder what else is not right. … When something like this happens, the trust factor gets eroded, and you lose confidence in what’s being provided to you,” said Sen. John Moorlach, a Republican from Costa Mesa who serves on the Senate budget committee.
- A 46 year old Washington citizen has sued Seattle Mayor Ed Murray, accusing the mayor of raping and molesting him over several years beginning back in 1986.
- The accuser was 15 years old at the time.
- The lawsuit says Murray abused the teen on numerous occasions for payments of $10 to $20.
- NBC News reported that this is not the first time that Murray has been accused of abusing youths, that the abuse had happened in at least two other instances.
- The inspector general for HUD did a multi year audit of HUD and their findings were not good.
- Their report found “pervasive material errors” in HUD’s 2015 and 2016 financial statements.
- The total errors in the statements totalled a whopping $516.4 billion that were miscounted.
- But these were not the only problems since the audit by the inspector general found a number of “unresolved audit matters” including the auditors’ inability to “obtain sufficient, appropriate evidence to express an opinion.”
- In addition, “this audit report contains 11 material weaknesses, 7 significant deficiencies, and 5 instances of noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations.”
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel has been a big advocate of allowing millions of Muslim refugees and immigrants to come into Germany.
- However, she recently admitted that by allowing so many refugees and immigrants into the country that German may have also admitted dedicated terrorists: “There is no doubt that among the so many people who have sought shelter in our country were also persons who have become the focus of the security authorities.”
- Great, realizing your mistake after an untold number of terrorists have entered your country does not provide a sense of relief.
- But then Merkel tries to lamely justify her grave mistake on immigration by asserting that: “We should not forget that our country was already in the sights of Islamic terrorism before the many refugees came to us.”
- In other words, “Hey, it’s okay I let terrorists in without thinking, we were already one of their enemies.”
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: