- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
- In 1970, high regarded biologist Paul Ehrlich predicted that "all important animal life in the sea will be extinct" in 10 years or so.
- Also in 1970, Nobel laureate biology professor at Harvard, George Wald, forecasted that: “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” 47 years later we are still hanging around.
- Also in 1970, certainly a bad year for climate and weather predictions, Paul Ehrlich, also that the world’s population would soon outstrip food supplies.
- He followed up on this starvation prediction when he claimed that, “The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next 10 years.” 47 years later people are still starving but nowhere close to the rate he predicted.
- But he was even more wrong two years earlier when he said that, : “If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.”
- Nigel Calder warned in a July, 1975 International Wildlife article that, “The threat of a new ice age must now stand alongside nuclear war as a likely source of wholesale death and misery for mankind.” So, as recently as about 40 years ago we were all going to die from an Ice Age, not global warming.
- C.C.Wallen claimed in 1975 in a Science News article that, “The cooling since 1940 has been large enough and consistent enough that it will not soon be reversed.” But according to other scientists it reversed a few years later when the exact opposite climate trend became popular, global warming.
- In 2000, British climate researcher David Viner told The Independent, a British newspaper, that in just “a few years” snow would become a “very rare and exciting event” in Britain and that “children just aren’t going to know what snow is...Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.” In the next few years, Britain experienced some of its lowest temperatures and snowfall accumulations since records started being kept in 1914.
- Let’s go back to the global cooling scare of the 1970s when ecologist Kenneth Watt told a college audience in 1970: “The world has been chilling sharply for about 20 years. If present trends continue, the world will be about 4 degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990 but 11 degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”
- Again back to 1970, Senator Gaylord Nelson of Wisconsin wrote in Look magazine: “Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian (Institution), believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.” Not even close.
- Scientist Harrison Brown predicted in 1970 that mankind would run out of copper shortly after the 2000 and that lead, zinc, gold and silver would be gone ten years earlier.
- The Federal government’s Department of the Interior predicted in 1939 that American oil supplies would run out by 1952 and in 1949 reminded everyone that the end of U.S. oil supplies was in sight, never accounting for the fracking technology that blows these expert views and predictions away.
- But the government still insisted in making predictions when in 1974 the U.S. Geological Survey said the country only had a 10 year supply of natural gas left even though according to the latest Federal government estimate, 43 years later, we had 2.47 quadrillion cubic feet of natural gas, which should last about a century.
- These global warming Congressional members are trying to block schools from using a book by climate scientists that challenge their beloved global warming theory.
- They are calling alternative views by real scientists “inappropriate and “propaganda.”
- Congressman Bobby Scott, the ranking Democrat on the Education and the Workforce Committee had this Orwellian view: “Public school classrooms are no place for anti-science propaganda, and I encourage every teacher to toss these materials in the recycling bin...Successful high school graduates are aware and engaged global citizens with an understanding of and appreciation for scientific fact.”
- He continued with this diatribe: “If the Heartland Institute and other climate deniers want to push a false agenda on global warming, our nation’s schools are an inappropriate place to drive that agenda.”
- The three authors of the book that this idiot wants to ban are all Phds and have all taught science at the university level: Craig Idso, S. Fred Singer and Robert M. Carter, who died in 2016.
- Global warming advocates in California have been harping on a supposed reality that California is now in a state of permanent drought as a result of manmade global warming.
- However, the San Jose Mercury news recently reported that flooding is now a massive problem facing the state of California.
- Flooding and permanent drought seem to be contrary situations.
- According to the newspaper: “...164 percent of its historic average, a massive accumulation of new water… There is so much snow that the Squaw Valley ski resort, which has received 54 feet of snow so far this year, plans to stay open until July 4…So when is Gov. Jerry Brown going to rescind or amend the drought emergency order he signed in January 2014? He hasn’t said.”
- But the governor is not likely to rescind or amend anything since as recently as this past January he state: “We can’t fall back and give in to the climate deniers. We’ve got the scientists, we’ve got the lawyers and we’re ready to fight.”
- But Brown is not alone since in 2015, a U.S.News and World report article claimed that, “Climate change is linked to California’s drought…”
- In 2015, Newsweek stated that, “With each passing year, human-caused global warming bullies California for more water. Each year, the heat squeezes more moisture from soils and ecosystems.”
- Even Stanford got in on the permanent/global warming drought game: “[the drought conditions] ‘very likely’ linked to human-caused climate change, Stanford scientists write in a new research paper."
- Even world famous scientist Barack Obama got his two cents in on the permanent global warming-caused California drought: “Droughts have obviously been a part of life out here in the West … scientific evidence shows that a changing climate is going to make them more intense.”
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: