- An analysis of the San Diego restaurant industry has shown that just in that one California city, restaurant jobs have gone down by a whopping 4,000 position in the just the past year since the city raised the minimum wage.
- And San Diego raised the minimum to only $11.50 an hour, not the $15 an hour that other places have done, e.g. New York state.
- As always, raise the minimum wage and you end up raising the unemployment rate at the same time.
- “If job growth in the restaurant sector had just kept pace with the state’s performance … the industry could have created 5,200 jobs instead of the 1,300 that took place,” Lynn Reaser, chief economist of the Fermanian Business & Economic Institute at Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Forbes Tim Worstall’s article about what happened in Seattle was referenced in the Breitbart article, where that city also raised the minimum wage which also resulted in lost jobs, jobs that would have normally been staffed by less wealthy citizens, giving them no job and no wages at all.
- Congressmen Luis Gutierrez from Illinois is an open advocate of illegal immigration into America and it appears that there might be other illegal acts that he is into.
- According to a recent report from the Washington Free Beacon, Gutierrez paid both his wife and daughters hundreds of thousands of dollars from his election campaign funds over the past five or six years.
- While this is not strictly illegal, it is illegal for the candidate to personally gain from funds raised for an election campaign, meaning if not illegal, it is certainly unethical.
- His wife pulled down over $44,000 in his 2010 campaign, making her the top recipient of cash from that campaign, and then duplicated that feat in the 2012 campaign when she pocketed $93,000.
- Her $93,000 was a full 25% of what his campaign committee disbursed for the whole campaign.
- In his next two campaigns his wife pocketed $175,000.
- His daughters also got paid during these campaigns.
- Congressman Alcee Hasting recently got exposed when it came to light that he had given his long time girlfriend over $2.5 million over the past 20 years, keeping her on his payroll as his highest paid employee even though she was not anywhere close to being his most important staffer.
- But he and Gutierrez are not alone in this type of unethical behavior since the Washington Free Beacon recently reported that Congresswoman Maxine Walters has paid her daughter over $600,000 since 2006 from campaign funds.
- Her daughter served as employee on her mother’s campaign committees.
- But this is not the first time she has dabbled in unethical and/or illegal activities since in 2010 Waters was brought up on three separate charges by her peers in the House, even after Congressman Barney Frank told her not to get involved in advocating for a bank in which she had financial interest, breaking an important ethics rule that requires Congressional “members to behave in a way that reflects creditably on the chamber.”
- The bank she advocated for, OneUnited, was in financial trouble and Walters' husband owned a sizable amount of OneUnited stock that would have been worthless if the bank went bankrupt.
- Waters also violated a House rule prohibiting lawmakers from using their positions for financial gain, as well as a government ethics statute banning the dispensing of “special favors.”
- But again, we should not be surprised since various government watchdog groups have often cited her as one of the most corrupt politicians in Washington.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: