Today and for all of the insanity posts this month, let’s start off with a welcome piece of honest political dialog. It comes from a State Department spokesperson. Mark Toner, who is about to start the daily State Department press briefing. In a joking matter, he makes the following quote: "Welcome to the State Department. I think we have some interns in the back. Welcome. Good to see you in this exercise in transparency and democracy."
He then burst out laughing at his own quote, indicating he also knew what a joke the Obama administration has been, especially Mr. Toner’s State Department, when it comes to cover ups, lack of transparency, denial of Freedom of Information Act requests, the prosecution of whistleblowers, etc. But at least it was a little refreshing to finally hear some actual honesty out of Washington as we see from the actual clip of the news conference:
With that context of honesty, let’s see what other insanity has been going down:
1) Looks like all of today’s political class insanity will focus on the Clinton Crime Syndicate starting with some of the shenanigans that Hillary Clinton pulled while serving as Secretary of State under Obama. According to reporting by the Daily Caller website:
- A Bangladesh government commission is investigating the goings on at one of their banks, Grameen Bank.
- The potential charges involve mismanagement at the bank during the tenure of Muhammad Yunus when he was managing director.
- It turns out that Yunus was a major donor to the Clinton Foundation at that time also.
- Sajeeb Wazed Joy, who is the son of Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, has accused the Clinton State Department of using the State Department to send the IRS after him in an attempt to force the Bangladesh government to ease off their investigation into the Grameen Bank and indirectly Yunus as a favor for his donations to the Clinton Foundation.
- Wazed Joy claims that he has been living here for many years and that previously he had never had any problem with the IRS or any arm of the Federal government.
- Specifically, Wazed Joy claims that: “it was “astounding and mind boggling” that senior State Department officials between 2010 and 2012 repeatedly pressured him to influence his mother to drop the commission investigation….They threatened me with the possibility of an audit by the Internal Revenue Service. I have been here legally for 17 years and never had a problem. [But they said] ‘well, you know, you might get audited.’”
- The Prime Minister herself has come out in support of her son’s accusations and claims: “Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said her son Sajeeb Wazed Joy had to face pressure from the US State Department to keep Muhammad Yunus as the Grameen Bank managing director,” the Dhaka Tribune reported.
- Additionally, “Hillary Clinton phoned me and exerted the same pressure. Even the U.S. State Department summoned my son Joy three times and told him that we would face trouble.”
2) Alright, more Clinton corruption and sleaze. When Bill Clinton “accidentally” bumped into Loretta Lynch on an airport runway in Phoenix at the height of the Justice Department investigation into the Hillary email and private server scandal, he claimed they just had a nice casual chat about grandkids.
No one with any sense of reality ever believed that story, the general conclusion was that he intentionally “accidentally” bumped into Lynch to pressure her to fix the investigation so that it would not interfere with his wife’s Presidential campaign.
And now the New York Times, a news outlet that is loathe to print anything bad about liberals, Democrat, or the Clintons, has actually put forth article that disputes Bill Clinton’s assertion about “only grandkids:”
- The Times claims to have seen a document that proves collusion between Lynch and the Democrats to help Hilary’s ascension to the Presidency.
- The Times article says that FBI Director James Comey re-opened the Hillary Clinton investigation, the same one he had shut down last July, because he suspected that Lynch was covering up Hillary Clinton’s transgressions.
- According to the Times reporting, as told by Breitbart News: “Comey feared that Lynch — who had insisted the Clinton probe be referred to as a “matter” and not as an “investigation,” and who suggested that the investigation was not criminal when, in fact, it was — would declare the case closed, and then Russian hackers would leak the document to undermine the FBI’s image of independence.”
3) Let’s not forget Chelsea Clinton when it comes to political class insanity. In a recent interview of her, the following exchange took place, an exchange that shows that Chelsea and her mother are still in pretty deep denial about mom’s loss last November:
Interviewer: “As someone who traveled across the country campaigning, were you surprised at the sexism that still exists?
Chelsea Clinton: I’m not surprised. I’m deeply saddened. I think it’s important for us to realize we can’t take progress for granted. Progress has to be continually defended as well as advanced. I think about this multiple times a day. It’s 2017, and we’re fighting again on fights that were settled a few years ago around gay rights, women’s reproductive health; fights to ensure we’re a country that’s always moving toward a more perfect union and not moving toward disunion, disunity, and segregation. We’re really in peril of moving backward. That’s not what I want for my children and their generation.”
She is not surprised and still think sexism still exists in this country and that was one of the reasons why her mom lost the election? Let’s consider some hard facts Chelsea:
- Over 30 million women voted for Trump.
- Probably tens of millions of men probably voted for Hillary.
Please, give us all a break and face reality. Better yet, face reality and please go away.
That will do it for today’s Clinton centric political class insanity. More overall political class insanity to follow this week.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: