Today and for all of the insanity posts this month, let’s start off with a welcome piece of honest political dialog. It comes from a State Department spokesperson. Mark Toner, who is about to start the daily State Department press briefing. In a joking matter, he makes the following quote: "Welcome to the State Department. I think we have some interns in the back. Welcome. Good to see you in this exercise in transparency and democracy."
He then burst out laughing at his own quote, indicating he also knew what a joke the Obama administration has been, especially Mr. Toner’s State Department, when it comes to cover ups, lack of transparency, denial of Freedom of Information Act requests, the prosecution of whistleblowers, etc. But at least it was a little refreshing to finally hear some actual honesty out of Washington as we see from the actual clip of the news conference:
With that context of honesty, let’s see what other insanity has been going down:
1) Political class insanity is not restricted to Washington politicians. Local politicians can also be insane, idiotic, and have wacked out priorities. Such is the case in Chicago and their mayor, Rahm Emanuel.
Apparently, several pages were recently removed from the EPA’s website that were related to climate change. This is obviously the prerogative of the Trump administration after their election victory last year and the fact that many, many Americans, including myself, are global warming doubters and believers in science. We do want to have unproven theories shoved down our throat when those that advocate for manmade global warming and climate change only consider science, research, and statistics that favor their position, ignoring all information and science to the contrary.
But according to a recent report on the Independent Journal Review website written by Mike Miller, the good mayor of Chicago took it upon himself to resurrect those deleted website pages of the EPA website and reinstate them on the Chicago city website. Now, this is certainly his prerogative to do so, being elected by the good people of Chicago but one has to question his priorities. Given the horrendous crime and violence conditions in his city, shouldn’t the good mayor be focused on the day to day conditions that affect his citizens that he is supposed to represent rather than spending time and city resources on a climate theory that gets weaker and weaker as more and more science shows that massive man made global warming and climate change is closer to a myth than a reality?
The reaction to this misplaced set of priorities was swift and ruthless onTwitter:
- Vinnie Nilsen reminded Emanuel that in 2016 that Chicago had 3,550 shootings, 4,331 shooting victims, and 726 murders and that “2017 isn’t looking any better.”
- ABC News in Chicago reminded the mayor that in April, 2017 alone there were 45 killed in Chicago.
- The Chicago Sun Times reminded the mayor that 4 residents were killed and 17 wounded during just a single recent weekend.
- “Jack” reminded the mayor that there have been over 200 murders in Chicago already this year.
- Actor James Woods sarcastically asked if the new climate change web pages were listed before the Chicago murder rate page?
- Duckwacker also got sarcastic and claimed that people are killed by global warming in Chicago every day.
- Chuck Flynn suggested that “Maybe Rahm should change the climate of The Southside of Chicago. Maybe he'd see a reduction in murders.”
- According to the Hey Jackass website, in a recent weekend 38 Chicago residents were shot, three were killed and as of the first week in May, the year-to-date carnage has been 195 people killed and 907 wounded in the city.
Obviously, he has no clue on how to fix the real, immediate problems of the city so he wastes his time and attention span on a silly website and climate statement, actions that will not protect the next set of hundreds of Chicago residents that will die at the hand of gun violence in the remainder of the year. In this case, the political class insanity is fatal and dangerous for an entire city of people.
2) Let’s move from local political class insanity to state level political class insanity in California. It is no secret that the current governor and most of the current state politicians in California are so upset because Trump is enforcing existing immigration laws relative to illegal immigrants, a group of people that California politicians seem to idolize and coddle, often at the expense of the welfare and taxpayer dollars of tax paying California residents.
They certainly object to the fact that Trump promised to build a wall to restrict illegal immigration, and a lot of the crime that comes with it, and putting in place temporary travel bans on people traveling from a few terrorist infected countries, ticking off the California political class to no end. As with Rahm Emanuel in Chicago, that is certainly the prerogative of California politicians since they are duly elected representatives of the citizens of that state.
But consider what the governor and others in California are doing against their own citizens and then try to convince me that they are not hypocrites, taking the same type of actions that Trump is taking but perpetrating them on their own citizens and Americans:
- According to a recent article on the American Daily Patriot website, California is imposing its own travel ban on its own citizens.
- According to Samantha Roberts, writing on May 1, 2017, a new state law bans universities from sending students to states that oppose gay rights including California university students who travel to such states to present their research or participate in athletic contests.
- Specifically, “The athletes have been told not to be too excited about competitions with teams from states like Kansas, Tennessee or North Carolina.”
- The law applies to all California university students and staff regardless of their personalities or beliefs on gay rights.
- “The LA Times reported that the new the new California law bans state-funded travel specifically to any state that the California attorney general lists as discriminating against the LGBT community.”
- The law, for instance, has already scuttled the plans for the UC Berkeley and University of Kansas men's basketball teams to meet in a series of basketball games in future seasons.
How is this not the height of hypocrisy, complaining about a temporary travel ban that Trump might place on the travel of non-citizens from a few countries that have known terrorist ties to a permanent law that bans innocent Americans from enriching themselves and others with travels to other states simply because those states and the residents of those states have a different opinion that an California politicians?
Disgusting and repugnant to affect innocent researchers, professors, and student athletes in a futile attempt to be holier than thou.
That will do it for today’s insanity but we still have a lot more to get through for this month’s dose of insanity over the next week or so so stay tuned.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: