Today and for all of the insanity posts this month, let’s start off with a welcome piece of honest political dialog. It comes from a State Department spokesperson. Mark Toner, who is about to start the daily State Department press briefing. In a joking matter, he makes the following quote: "Welcome to the State Department. I think we have some interns in the back. Welcome. Good to see you in this exercise in transparency and democracy."
He then burst out laughing at his own quote, indicating he also knew what a joke the Obama administration has been, especially Mr. Toner’s State Department, when it comes to cover ups, lack of transparency, denial of Freedom of Information Act requests, the prosecution of whistleblowers, etc. But at least it was a little refreshing to finally hear some actual honesty out of Washington as we see from the actual clip of the news conference:
With that context of honesty, let’s see what other insanity has been going down:
1) One of the needs for a democracy to continue to exist is for the voters and citizens to be educated and aware of the issues and potential solutions of those issues in order to vote into office the most capable politicians possible. Ignorance in the voting public begets ignorance in government seats.
And if you look at the video listed below, our democracy is in bad shape, at least relative to this sample of college kids.
According to a recent Gateway Pundit article, journalists from the Campus Reform organization went to college campuses and video interviewed current college students about their views of Trump. However, rather than discuss Trump’s performance early on his term, the interviewers took the actions that Obama executed in his first 100 days in office and told the students that Trump did them, i.e. they were commenting on Obama's record as if Trump had taken those actions.
Unfortunately for democracy, this is what they found: “The clueless liberal students despised Obama’s policies thinking they were bashing Trump. Their reaction to finding out that they just railed against Obama is priceless.
When asked about Obama’s $700 billion stimulus package, one student said it was “really reminiscent” of Nazi Germany. I mean why not? Everything Trump does reminds these brainwashed sheep of Nazi Germany, unless of course it’s actually Obama’s policies. Hah!
Another mental midget said of Obama’s stimulus package, “Knowing that Donald Trump is the one proposing it probably means that there’s some turd in the punchbowl somewhere”.
Students also hated Obama’s executive order to loosen statute of limitation laws to make lawsuits easier, claiming it’s a scheme for Trump to make money for himself.
Or how about the Commie sporting the hammer and sickle shirt? “Oh hey this is a Communism shirt, man. Gotta love the hammer and sickle. Gotta collectivize the means of production.” He sure is proud he supports an ideology that killed well over 100 million people! Yes, folks, liberalism is a mental disorder and these students are more proof of that."
This is the future leadership of America: ignorant, easily led, and subject to knee jerk reactions without knowing or caring to know the facts and realities. The shallowness of their attitudes and reactions is mind boggling and speaking of Nazi Germany, as one student referenced, this is how people like Hitler come to power: a citizenry that is too lazy to think for themselves and just react based on ignorance.
The actual video interviews of these idiots can be viewed at:
2) We have often discussed the many lies of Obama and his administration:
- If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor under Obama Care. You could not.
- If you like your current insurance policy you can keep your current insurance policy under Obama Care. You could not.
- A typical American family could see their annual health insurance premiums go down by up to $2,500 a year. Instead, premiums have usually gone up by double digit amounts every year since Obama Care was enacted.
- Obama Care will not add a single dime to the national debt. No, it will add about $1 TRILLION worth of dimes to the national debt according to the Congressional Budget Office.
- Obama promised to go through the Federal budget “line by line” to eliminate unnecessary spending. He did no such thing.
- Obama promised never to take a vacation or leisure time if elected, devoting his entire life, 24 hours a day to serving Americans. He ended up playing well over 300 rounds of golf and his lavish vacations cost taxpayers over $100 million.
- In a recent court order, the State Department has been ordered to turn over Hillary Clinton State Department unredacted emails relative to the immediate aftermath of the Benghazi attacks.
- The order is the result of a lawsuit by the government watchdog organization, Judicial Watch.
- While the emails in question had previously been turned over, the State Department had blacked out most of the contents of the emails before releasing them.
- The redacted eight paragraphs cover the details in the phone calls that Obama made to the leaders of Libya and Egypt in the days following the Benghazi attack.
- The two emails, titled “Quick Summary of POTUS Calls to Presidents of Libya and Egypt,” had been sent from Hillary Clinton’s private email server on Sept. 13, 2012.
- The State Department fought the release of the redacted paragraphs and emails. Claiming that they had not been designated classified by some sort of “mistake,” which would have exempted them for being released.
- The judge would not have any of it and ordered the clean copies of the emails released.
That will do it for today but this month’s political class insanity parade will continue to march along this week so stay tuned. Today we learned that we have some pretty lazy and ignorant college students on our campuses today and that months after the end of the Obama administration, some big lies from that administration are still likely to be showing up as we go forward.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: