- The High School for Law and Community Service in the Bronx has a college-readiness rate of students leaving high school last year of 6.5%.
- Brooklyn’s Academy for Young Writers has a college-readiness score of only 12.3%.
- Brooklyn’s Victory Collegiate High School somehow has gotten its college readiness rating down to 2.7%.
- The graduation rate of these special schools range from only 76% to 86%.
- Only 36% of kids in NYC public schools can attain a passing grade in math and only 38% can do the same in English.
- And for black kids, the math numbers are a pitiful 20% and the English numbers are only 27%.
- And this pitiful situation is reached even though the city spends a whopping $23,516 a year on education expenses in the city per student.
- According to their reporting, the VA inspector general announced on April 12,2017 that the Washington DC VA Medical Center was putting the 98,000 veterans it serves at “unnecessary risk.”
- And this was the interim report, meaning that things are probably worse than this first cut at the dysfunction.
- In just over the past two years the facility had 194 patient safety reports regarding “the unavailability of equipment or supplies."
- Last June, surgical staff used expired equipment during a procedure because of “the lack of an inventory management program.”
- Eighteen out of 25 sterile storage areas were found to be dirty, leading the inspector general to conclude the center “lacks assurance that sterile supplies maintained their integrity.”
- More than 27,000 items purchased by the facility, with a value of more than $150 million, have gone unaccounted for.
- In a bit of good news, the facility's director, Brian Hawkins, has been relieved of his duties at the medical center.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: