The political class has been very busy this month so let’s get right to it:
1) One of the best parts of the Bill of Rights is the Fourth Amendment which protects Americans from unreasonable searches by the authorities. While Obama probably had little regard for the Fourth, given how he spied on just about every American’s electronic communications without just cause or warrants, it is still one of the most vital parts of our freedoms.
One of the most controversial recent battlegrounds of the Fourth Amendment has been the political class and all levels of government deploying cameras everywhere in public places. In many cities you can not walk down the street without a camera somewhere capturing your actions and movements, a clear, fertile ground for violating one’s Fourth Amendment rights, possibly a precursor to the worst aspects of Orwell’s “1984” world where the government monitors everything you do, everywhere you go, and everyone you interact with.
But politicians do not see it that way. They say “trust us, we would never abuse this technology (see the Obama reference above for a counter example), we would never spy on you for no reason. We believe the cameras help us to protect you from criminals and unsavory characters.”
So who to believe: the founders who thought enough of privacy and the danger of an overreaching government bureaucracy of today’s politicians” Well, according to a recent blurb in of all places a Sports Illustrated article, betting on the Funders is the right bet:
- According to a recent Chicago Tribune article, the city of Chicago has installed a whopping 22,000 surveillance cameras throughout the city.
- From 2006 to 2013, the city of Chicago suffered through over one million crimes, a statistics that is unreal and disgraceful by itself.
- However, those 22,000 cameras helped to solve less than .05% of those million crimes, no 5%, .05%.
- If each of those camera cost $500 to buy, install and maintain, is the $11 million that was spent worth it seeing as how they help solve less than .05% of the city’s crimes.
- Is it worth our Fourth Amendment rights and privacy to give the political class that much power to snoop, spy, and track us when their promise of helping protect us from crime makes use of the technology less than .05% of the time?
2) Let’s close out this month’s political class insanity with a look back at the dubious accomplishments of the Barck Obama Presidency. He has been gone for six months so it is a time to categorize his “accomplishments” and really see what a horrid presidency and unimaginable political class insanity he left behind, with much of the following information gathered by Kirsters Baish from the National Review:
- First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States by a major credit rating agency..
- First President to violate the War Powers Act and the Constitution, with his illegal, immoral, and un-Constitutional intrusion into the Libyan civil war.
- First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico by a sitting Federal judge.
- First President to run roughshod over current and established bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
- First President to bypass Congress and implement legislation, i.e., the Dream Act, through executive fiat, legislation that was never enacted by Congress.
- First President to create a secret amnesty program without the approval of Congress that halted the deportation of illegal immigrants including those with criminal convictions.
- First President to unilaterally and un-Constitutionally change dates and deadlines in a passed piece of legislation (Obama Care) without the approval of Congress.
- First President to order a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.
- First President to kill off America’s ability to put a man in space, handing that responsibility over to the Russians.
- First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer while claiming America is no longer a Christian nation.
- First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
- First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law (DOMA) unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
- First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases in order to protect the disaster known as Obama Care.
- First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory in order to satisfy his union supporters.
- First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect simply because they disagreed with some of his inane programs: Arizona, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana.
- First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states (Mexico vs Arizona).
- First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences” but was more than eager to give taxpayer funded health insurance to illegal immigrants.
- Then he was the First President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.
- First President to allow Iran to inspect their own nuclear weapons facilities.
- First President to have blood on his hands from Benghazi to the assassinations of several police officers.
- First President to trade five terrorists for an Army deserter and traitor.
- First President to facilitate the Iranians acquisition of nuclear weapons capabilities.
- First President to have a North Korean strategy called “strategic patience” which essentially meant doing nothing and allowing the North Korean nutcases eight unimpeded years to further develop nuclear weapons and missiles to deliver those weapons.
- First President to run a trillion dollar annual budget deficit.
- First President to run four trillion dollar annual budget deficits.
- First President to drive the country’s national debt to GDP ratio over 100, up from a steady, stable, manageable, and long running 60% or so, endangering the fiscal survival of the country.
- First President to give out billions of taxpayer dollars to Democratic Party supporters who operated alternative energy companies (e.g. Solyndra, A123, etc.) and get nothing in return for those dollars.
- First President to create a major terrorist organization, ISIS, and then underestimate the ferocity and horrific nature of said terrorist organization.
- First President to loudly proclaim a “Red Line” (in Syria and its use of chemical weapons) and then not back up the threat, allowing Russia to become a major player in Mideast affairs.
- First President to bomb six Muslim countries in the same year, using over 20,000 bombs and missiles to make his point and killing and maiming hundreds, if not thousands of Muslims, and making current refugee situations worse.
- First President to shred the Fourth Amendment by collecting the electronic communications of just about every American citizen without cause and without warrants.
- First President to shred the First Amendment by using the Obama Care legislation to attack freedom of religion and weaponizing the IRS to attack freedom of speech.
- First President to chase after and try to prosecute more government whistleblowers than all previous administrations combined.
- First president to take time off to film a TV commercial for a comedian (George Lopez) TV show.
- First President to waste time every year to extensively and publicly work on and publicly proclaim his picks for March Madness.
- First President in almost 50 years to weaponize the IRS to attack Americans who disagreed with his policies.
- First President in almost sixty years to play over 300 rounds of golf during his administration.
- Likely the first President to spend over $100 million in taxpayer wealth for his lavish vacations to Hawaii and around the world.
- First President to insult every Special Olympics kid in the world when he publicly proclaimed what his bowling skill was, “It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."
- First President to allow his Secretary of State to run a crime syndicate out of the State Department, trading U.S. government favors for personal enrichment.
- First President to go to bed and then go to a political fundraiser while dozens of Americans were fighting for their lives at a U.S. consulate (Benghazi) in a foreign country.
- First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
- First President to have a social security number from a state he had never lived in.
- First President to formally authorize the assassination of an American citizen without due process of law.
- First President to keep a dog trainer on taxpayer funded retainer for $102,000 a year.
- First President to stand in front of the world, via the United Nations, and tell an outright lie, i.e. the Benghazi terror attack was caused by an obscure YouTube video.
More insanity early next month.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: