- According to Warner Todd Huston writing for the Godfather Politics website on January 4, 2019, she wants to implement a Federal government tax rate of 70% for high earners in this country.
- Even though global warming stopped about two decades ago and thousands of scientists have stated that manmade global change is not a significant problem, and in some cases is a beneficial situation, she wants to fund an idiotic climate program called the New Green Deal.
- This New Green Deal would negatively and significantly impact the U.S. and ultimately fail since the rest of the world, especially China and India, would continue to increase their carbon footprint for the foreseeable future.
- When told her plan was radical, she proudly responded, “If that’s what radical means, call me a radical,” she says.
- And even though the top ten percent earners in this country already pay a grossly disproportionate share of the Federal taxes in this country, she says that her plan would necessarily add “an element where people are going to have to start paying their fair share in taxes,"
- She is ignorant to the reality that those taxpayers with incomes over $200,000 in this country pay a whopping 60% of all Federal taxes.
- She then goes to the always stupid rationale that the Federal tax rate fifty years ago was 60-70%, as if somehow that justifies doing it again today.
- She shows her ignorance of tax history because back when the tax rate was that high, there were an incredible number of deductions available to greatly reduce tax income at those high rates, for example back then you could deduct sales tax expenses, car interest payments, etc. so that the 70% rate was seldom reached because of all of the deductions, a reality she obviously is oblivious to.
- If her fantasy came true, high earners in NYC would be paying an effective overall tax rate of 83% on their earnings over a certain level, that is NOT a fair share of taxes.
And so she is obviously math challenged, as we have pointed out previously, consider this reality: There are millions of Americans in this country who are homeless, hungry, unemployed, and drug addicted today. Go focus on their problems and stop with this idiotic, unnecessary, and not well thought out fantasy.
- Michael Graham, writing for the Boston Herald on January 1, 2019, summarized Warner's current out of touch views.
- Warren thinks that the middle class/typical people are "under attack."
- She thinks that the middle class/typical people are being "ripped off."
- She thinks the country's politics are "poisoned by corruption."
- She thinks "families are falling into traps."
- She thinks people are being killed by corporations.
- She thinks that some of its citizens are "destroying the planet."
- She ignores the reality that a Suffolk University poll found that a whopping 58% of her constituents said they do not want her to run for President.
- She ignores the reality that U.S. median household income was $63,554 in November, the highest raw number ever and when adjusted for inflation, the highest level since the year 2000, so much for the middle class being under attack and being ripped off.
- She ignores the reality that average hourly wages in the U.S. have increased to $22.95/hour, the highest level ever, so much for the middle class being under attack and being ripped off.
- She ignores the reality that when getting emotional about raising the minimum wage, she is talking only about .5% of the population, mostly teenagers, are being paid the minimum wage.
- She ignores the reality that the top 3% of income earners in this country pay more than 50% of the Federal tax burden, they are not "fat cats" who "paid less than their secretaries and janitors" in taxes. [Note: the top 50% of earners pay 97% of the Federal taxes, leaving 50% of the rest of the earners paying only 3% of the taxes.]
- She ignores the reality that she is a fat cat, having been paid a whopping $350,000 to teach ONE/SINGLE law class at Harvard.
- She ignores the reality that overall economic growth is up, wages are up, 4,000,000 more Americans are employed than two years ago, there are more job openings in the country than there are workers, rather than killing people, companies are making major investments in this country (e.g. Amazon, Apple, Ford, others), not killing people, the unemployment rate for Hispanics, African-Americans, women, and the less educated are at or near historic lows.
- He conducted an illegal war against Libya, toppling an existing, legitimate government in violation of the Constitution and the War Powers Act, and causing a viable country to deteriorate into a cesspool of murders, anarchy, and terrorism.
- He funded rebels and/or terrorists with weapons and support in Syria which helped lead to the destruction of that country and the deaths of thousands and thousands.
- He failed to prevent Russia from invading the Ukraine and taking over the Crimea.
- He failed to deter North Korea and Iran from developing nuclear weapons.
- He failed to find a solution for peace in the Middle East.
- Geir Lundestad told the BBC that he thought that giving Obama the award, before he did anything worthwhile in the area of peace, would spur him to great, worldly, peace accomplishments.
- Again, getting a participation award before the game even started as stated above.
- He admits now that Obama dud nothing of note in the area of peace for eight years: "In that sense the committee didn’t achieve what it had hoped for.”
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: