As you read about the latest shenanigans and ineptness of the political class, keep in mind what should be their priorities in these difficult times and compare this list to what they are actually working on:
- NBC recently reported that ISIS forces are getting larger and stronger despite the Obama administration spending billions of dollars on a failed air campaign and military strategy.
- The stock market is in free fall.
- Job creation is barely keeping up with population growth.
- Wage growth is anemic, growing just .2% in the second quarter, the lowest quarterly growth since 1982.
- The labor participation rate is at the lowest level in decades because the Obama economy cannot generate enough jobs.
- Thousands of veterans are still not getting the medical care they were promised by the Federal government.
- 45 million Americans are still receiving monthly Federal food assistance.
- Our borders still leak and thousands of illegal immigrant criminals continue to walk our streets.
- A record number of police officers have been assassinated in the past week.
- Major programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are hurtling towards insolvency and lose hundreds of billions of dollars every year to fraud and mismanagement.
- Our kids are still getting lousy public educations at most public schools.
- The IRS and other government functions seem to be getting their computer systems hacked on a regular basis, exposing tens of millions of Americans to identity theft potential.
- Obama Care is a failure along so many dimensions as health care costs continue to soar despite the Obama promise that they would decrease.
- Annual Federal deficits, while down, are still about half a TRILLION a year meaning that even though the Federal government is collecting more in taxes than ever before, it still cannot run a balanced budget.
1) A September 3, 2015 article in the Washington Examiner by Jacqueline Klimas reported that an investigation at an Army laboratory found that live anthrax was found outside of the proper containment area. This finding comes on the heels of another revelation that Defense Department personnel have accidentally shipped live anthrax specimens around the world after safety procedures at the Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah failed to neutralize and kill the anthrax spores, resulting in live anthrax being shipped.
And we are not talking a few shipments. Live anthrax shipments were sent to almost 200 locations and labs in all 59 states, the District of Coliumbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S.Virgin Islands, Japan, Britain, South Korea, Australia, Canada, Italy, and Germany. Defense Undersecretary Bob Work said that the accidental shipment of live spores was due to "institutional and procedural failures." Ya think?
Besides the incompetence of the Army personnel and procedures involved in this potentially deadly mishap, I think the question needs to be asked is why are we shipping anthrax all over the world to begin with? This stuff is easily transformable into a terrorist weapon, especially when we have incompetent handling procedures that result in live anthrax being shipped everywhere. Again, you cannot make this stuff up, it is that unbelievable.
2) Yesterday, we discussed the reality that the air attack component of Obama’s war on ISIS has been a failure since although billions and billions of dollars have been spent on bombing ISIS positions, ISIS is stronger, bigger, and covers more geography than prior to the air campaign. And it now appears that another component of Obama’s anti-ISIS strategy is also an abject failure.
That component was supposed to take and train Syrian citizens to fight ISIS forces inside Syria. However, according to an article in the August 14, 2015 issue of The Week magazine, the Obama administration has already spent $36 million to train its recruits, which total a grand total of …. 54 people. Yes, for $36 million we have trained 54 individuals to fight the 30,000 person strong ISIS force.
This comes out to about $670,000 to train one Syrian recruit. Pathetic waste and abuse of taxpayer wealth. Why bother if your results are so pathetic? How many needy veterans could have had their medical needs addressed for $36 million instead of flushing it away on futile training effort half a world away?
Another failed Obama foreign policy and strategy effort.
3) Sometimes you see a politician do something and you just wonder why someone on their staff did not speak up and stop them from embarrassing themselves. Such was the case when President Obama gave a speech in Kotzebue, Alaska. Which is certainly not a problem except that he was north of the Arctic Circle and hyping how those Americans living there should make better use of wind and solar energy options.
Which is certainly a safe topic and noble goal if you are talking about solar energy in New Mexico or wind energy on a Colorado mountain top. But you are north of the Arctic Circle where:
- Kotzebue gets less than six hours of sunlight for 34 days from early December through early January, assuming that clouds do not block out the sun during that time. For other months prior to and after that time period there are limited hours of sun, making solar energy not an optimal energy source for many months in Kotzebue.
- It gets very, very cold north of the Arctic Circle, so cold that petroleum products can start turning into solids which makes oil in cars and lubricants used in wind turbines useless.
4) In the same inane speech the President gave in Alaska, he also made the following statement: “One of the reasons I came up here is to really focus on what is probably the biggest challenge our planet faces. If there’s one thing that threatens opportunity and prosperity for everybody, wherever we live, it’s the threat of a changing climate.”
Thus, in his view, changing climate, something that has been occurring since the beginning of the planet is the “biggest challenge our planet faces.” This makes the following crises secondary in his mind:
- His potential nuclear arms deal with Iran is likely to result in a nuclear arms race in the Middle East,
- That same deal is going to give the world’s leading terrorist nation over $100 billion to greatly expand their current terror activities.
- China and Russia just finished joint naval exercises off the Alaskan coast.
- A Russian navy ship was recently spotted off the coast of Georgia.
- Much of the North Korean submarine fleet recently left their home ports and are nowhere to be found.
- Russia likely has territorial objectives that extend well beyond parts of the Ukraine.
- ISIS is expanding its terrorism beyond Syria and Iraq, resulting in the persecution of homosexuals, the enslaving of women and its terrorism far beyond its original geography.
- Governments around the world are drowning in debt which is likely to crash the world’s economies and financial systems in the future.
Another day of political class insanity: A President that thinks a shaky scientific theory (climate change) is more important than nuclear arms races, aggressive foreign powers, and the collapse of the world economy, a President who makes the right speech in the wrong location, a President who spends $36 million to train a paltry 54 military recruits, and an Army that sends live anthrax around the world without checking its status beforehand.
Worst yet, we are still not done with the latest political class insanity for this month.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com