As you read about the latest shenanigans and ineptness of the political class, keep in mind what should be their priorities in these difficult times and compare this list to what they are actually working on:
- NBC recently reported that ISIS forces are getting larger and stronger despite the Obama administration spending billions of dollars on a failed air campaign and military strategy.
- The stock market is in free fall.
- Job creation is barely keeping up with population growth.
- Wage growth is anemic, growing just .2% in the second quarter, the lowest quarterly growth since 1982.
- The labor participation rate is at the lowest level in decades because the Obama economy cannot generate enough jobs.
- Thousands of veterans are still not getting the medical care they were promised by the Federal government.
- 45 million Americans are still receiving monthly Federal food assistance.
- Our borders still leak and thousands of illegal immigrant criminals continue to walk our streets
- A record number of police officers have been assassinated in the past week.
- Major programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are hurtling towards insolvency and lose hundreds of billions of dollars every year to fraud and mismanagement.
- Our kids are still getting lousy public educations at most public schools.
- The IRS and other government functions seem to be getting their computer systems hacked on a regular basis, exposing tens of millions of Americans to identity theft potential.
- Obama Care is a failure along so many dimensions as health care costs continue to soar despite the Obama promise that they would decrease.
- Annual Federal deficits, while down, are still about half a TRILLION a year meaning that even though the Federal government is collecting more in taxes than ever before, it still cannot run a balanced budget.
1) Apparently all of the crises and problems we listed above are not figments of our imagination. According to a recent opinion poll by Quinnipiac University, that was reviewed in the September 11, 2015 issue of The Week magazine, 71% of American voters are dissatisfied with the ways things are going in the country today. Even worse, 41% are “very dissatisfied” with the way things are going in the country.
Thus, we should not be surprised that people like Donald Trump, Ben Carson, Carly Fiorini, and other non-politicians are doing well in the early Presidential running. People are tired with the current members of the American political class who have done nothing as far as making live better and more secure for most Americans.
Which makes visiting the term limits website,
all the more important since really, how much worse could it get if we replaced every Washington politician with a new person today? At least 71% of Americans would probably support such a move.
2) We have previously reported on how inept the Veterans Administration (VA) is. A recent study showed that almost 300,000 military veterans died while waiting for treatment. At the same time, high ranking VA executives were getting large bonuses for being such screw-ups.
Turns out these these executives are also pretty vindictive. According to an article that was in the August, 2015 issue of Reason magazine:
- VA employees that complained and blew the whistle on VA incompetence have been the target of retaliation by VA executives.
- In some cases, the medical records of alleged whistleblowers were accessed and information on those records were used to try to discredit the whistleblowers.
- One of those whistleblowers, Brandon Coleman, was placed on administrative leave after he publicly complained that veterans were receiving dangerously poor medical treatment.
- He presented evidence to both Senator John McCain and the head of the VA that his medical records had been accessed illegally prior to being forced onto leave.
So much for a transparent Presidential administration, as promised by Obama. Do the right thing and point out government incompetence and then get your private medical records thrown in your face in retaliation and to protect those that are not doing their jobs.
3) Brandon Coleman was only placed on leave for doing the right thing in his VA job. VA whistleblower and Army veteran Vanessa Lech claims she lost her job when her superior retaliated against her when she called attention to safety issues and sexual harassment at a New Mexico VA facility.
Within a month of being hired in October, 2014 she filed a grievance through her union for being retaliated against by her harassing supervisor. She also publicly pointed out the many safety issues at the facility where she worked including lack of security and VA autos that were dangerously maintained. While an investigation of her complaints substantiated many of her allegations, she still lost her job as a result of speaking up.
According to Ms. Lech: “A culture of fear, retaliation and toxic leadership plagues Veterans Affairs, an organization, which is supposed to consistently provide high quality services for our military Veterans. VA management is more focused on bonus money, bad press and doubling down on the status quo instead of being concerned about the well being of Veterans and VA employees.”
Besides the sad stories of brave people like Mr. Coleman and Ms. Lech is that the Obama administration has been aware of the incompetence and scandal of the VA over the years. But it has still been unsuccessful in providing the promised medical care to veterans and protecting those whistleblowers that would actually help Obama clean up the mess and disgrace that is the VA. Pathetic.
4) Let’s stay in the southwest U.S. for the next piece of insanity but move over to the state of Arizona. According to Pinal County, Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu, Mexican drug cartels who are armed with AK-47 automatic weapons “control many areas on American soil” in areas that are only 30 miles from the Phoenix metro area.
The Sheriff stated on TV: “This is literally an unsecured border. We have cartels that think they own the place. They control many areas on American soil and this how they freely move billions of dollars of drugs and hundreds of thousands of illegals into our country.”
“They control many areas on American soil.” This is scary stuff if true. This is just one other reason why the Obama administration has been just a total failure relative to immigration policy and reality, we have an unsecured border that is now controlled by foreign interests. And these foreign interests are violent, organized crime types that apparently are operating without danger of being arrested or stopped.
That will do it for today’s insanity, all very depressing. We have drug cartels taking over U.S. territory, we have a VA that has not changed its ways of ineptness despite being aware of the problems for years, we have an Obama administration that is not protecting whistleblowers despite its vow to have all time high transparency, and we have proof that American citizens are fed up with those that are in political office today. Insanity across the board.
More insanity tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com