As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control on our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims.
1) First up today is the story of an EPA global warming expert and employee who managed to bilk the EPA management and American taxpayer out of loads of money while also serving as a global warming expert. A recent Fox News report found that the EPA’s highest paid employee and reputed top expert on climate change was recently sentenced to almost three years in prison.
Why did he go to Federal prison? Apparently he lied to his EPA managers for years by telling them he was a CIA spy working for the CIA and that was why he was not showing up at his EPA job. Besides going to prison he was ordered to pay back $1.3 million to the Federal government. Unbelievably, he pulled off this charade from 2000 until 2014.
He usually disappeared for months at a time on his bogus “spy assignments,” at one time not showing up at the EPA for 18 consecutive months even though the EPA was paying him the whole time. His lawyer said that the liar spent that time exercising and working on his house.
Usually, we would include this type of government disgrace in our monthly political class insanity series. But I include it here to point out how incompetent the EPA is today. Why should any of us trust anything the EPA says relative to the environment or global/warming/climate control when they allowed a renegade employee to run roughshod over them for upwards of fifteen years? With a cover story as phony as being a CIA in Pakistan?
This guy was supposed to be one of the EPA’s climate change experts. Really? How deeply did they check out his credentials to be an expert since they obviously never thought to check out his CIA credentials by making a simple phone call over to Langley to see if he really was a spy. Insanity.
2) Katie Tubb, writing for the Heritage Foundation, recently discussed some of the holes in logic and strategy after Obama went on his global warming, climate change rampage through Alaska. Her points and realities include the following:
- Less than one third of the nations going to a late 2015 United Nations climate conference have submitted plans to cut carbon output, indicating that most of the world is a global warming doubter or just do not care.
- Obama’s Alaskan talking points were not in line with climate realities as pointed out by a real scientist, Judith Curry, a professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology, and not in line with the bogus assertion that there is “climate consensus” since there is not any kind of consensus, regardless of what Obama and Al Gore types state.
- Despite the lack of consensus, Dr. Curry, and others with evidence countering the president’s narrative of an accelerating and catastrophic warming, are labeled by Obama as “critics,” “cynics,” “deniers,” and on “their own shrinking island,” certainly not a scientific or adult approach to getting real answers based on all of the real science.
- This name calling goes on even though the article points out, as we have sourced many times before, that “data of observed reality collected from the U.N.’s International Panel on Climate Change and the U.S. National Climate Data Center does not show increasing frequency of extreme weather across the globe, whether you look at hurricanes, tornadoes, droughts, or floods.”
- The article also raises a great point that if Obama is so sure and so precise that mankind is killing the earth’s environment, what will his plans and strategies do to save the world?
- He yells there is a problem but proposes no quantifiable plan or timeline of objectives to fix the problem that probably does not exist.
- For example, after wasting tens of billions of dollars given to start up alternative energy companies, all of which failed, none of the Obama administration’s plans did anything to move the needle on U.S. alternative energy usage.
3) One last set of data and realities that show it is okay to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science. A report on the MRCTV website reported on the following realities of climate relative to the President's visit to Alaska:
- In a stroll down an Alaskan trail the President pointed out how an Alaskan glacier had receded from its glacier edge marker in 1951, inferring that the mankind was causing global warming and causing the glacier to recede: "This is as good a signpost of what we're dealing with on climate change as just about anything."
- But the Federal government has reported that this glacier has been receding for over two hundred years, long before global warming was even a theory. The article cites an Alaskan local newspaper article from the a 1910 issue of the Braidwood Dispatch and Mining Journal:
- The map below is from the United States Geological Survey, which shows where that Alaskan glacier is today vs. two hundreds years ago, indicating that it has been receding long before Obama's Alaskan trip:
- The article also contains an updated chart we have used before that tracks the earth’s overall temperatures and has found that besides year to year random variation, there has been no sign of global warming for more than 18 years:
- Consider a passage from a July, 2015 article in the U.K. Telegraph that reviewed real data from the Arctic, "How Arctic ice has made fools of all those poor warmists:" In recent years there has been more polar ice in the world than at any time since satellite records began in 1979. In the very year they had forecast that the Arctic would be “ice free”, its thickness increased by a third. Polar bear numbers are rising, not falling. Temperatures in Greenland have shown no increase for decades.
- And finally, consider some more measurements and science from Nature Geoscience: “However, we observe 33% and 25% more ice in autumn 2013 and 2014, respectively, relative to the 2010–2012 seasonal mean, which offset earlier losses. This increase was caused by the retention of thick sea ice northwest of Greenland during 2013 which, in turn, was associated with a 5% drop in the number of days on which melting occurred—conditions more typical of the late 1990s. In contrast, springtime Arctic sea ice volume has remained stable."
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com