- Dozens of Census Bureau government employees were found to be billing taxpayers for work time that they never worked.
- The abuse uncovered so far is over $1 million.
- The 40 government employees involved in the scam were supposed to be doing background checks on door-to-door Census canvassers but were really involved in “pervasive misconduct.”
- One employee, for example, “used his position as a personal hiring vehicle for friends and their families.”
- That same employee was involved in a sexual relationship with a contractor he personally interviewed, hired, and supervised.
- The inspector general identified 19,162 hours that were billed but no actually worked between 2010 and 2014, at a taxpayer cost of $1.1 million.
- When the corrupt employees found out that a whistleblower had uncovered their scam, Census officials tried to intimate anyone else who cooperated in the investigation and an unnamed Census employee repeatedly called the whistleblower a "coward" and a "chickens---," among other names.
- The inspector general report found that "At an office social event held for a [census employment office] employee, this employee held a knife in his hand to cut the cake and, while making a stabbing motion with his arm, said something to the effect of, 'This is for who went to the OIG!'" the inspector general said.
- Even worse, other Census employees violated Federal law when the lied to the inspector general.
- The inspector general discovered the offending employees had shared their boss' password, allowing them to sign off on their own work rather than have it verified by management.
How bad is the situation? According to recent analyses by Judicial Watch:
- Arrests for murder in San Francisco, one of the biggest and most offending sanctuary cities in the country, have jumped up 55% between 2011 and 2015, the time frame when the city expanded its sanctuary city policies.
- Arrest for rapes during that time frame also increased, by a whopping 370% in four short years.
- One of those murders was the killing of Kate Steinle on San Francisco’s Pier 14 by Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez even though he had been deported five times and was a convicted seven time felon but who was illegally allowed to be in San Francisco.
- Judicial Watch’s Tom Fitton stated: “Citizens understand that when San Francisco and other sanctuary cities release illegal alien criminals onto the streets, crime is going to increase. These new crime statistics suggest that there are more murders and an epidemic of rape linked to San Francisco’s releasing illegal alien criminals in violation of law.”
- Government employees have no problem using private information to embarrass a Congressman and probably anyone else they decide to.
- Many Census employees have no problem embezzling from the American taxpayer.
- When politicians ignore existing law and allow criminals to walk the streets of America, more Americans die.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com