As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control on our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims.
1) Global warming advocates like Obama and Gore always like to boast that the science is settled, that 97% of climate scientists agree that mankind is causing global warming and climate change, and that you are a moron to believe any differently. But we have identified and verified dozens and possibly hundreds of scientists and experts that believe just the opposite, that mankind is having a minimal impact on the climate and that manmade global warming is really a myth.
Today, let’s add another expert to the global warming doubter side. Dr. David Evans is an electrical engineer from Australia with multiple advanced degrees in mathematics. At one timer he was a mathematic climate modeller for the Australian government’s Greenhouse Office. It is his contention, based on his experiences and education, that while the underlying physics used in developing global warming and climate change models is correct, that underlying physics has been incorrectly applied in the mathematical models.
As a result, he has gone back into the underlying models' logic, corrected two errors that existed in the mathematical forecasting process, and has found that the climate’s sensitivity and reaction to extra carbon being put into the atmosphere is much lower than previously touted. So much lower that he estimates that the UN”s Intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change has over-estimated global warming over the years by as much as a factor of ten: “Yes, CO2 has an effect, but it’s about a fifth or tenth of what the IPCC says it is. CO2 is not driving the climate; it caused less than 20 per cent of the global warming in the last few decades”.
Another scientist, another expert who using science and higher education says that mankind’s impact on temperatures and climate change has been grossly overestimated and thus, overhyped, by people like Obama and Gore. Two things here:
- I am not saying Dr. Evans is right but shouldn’t experts like him get a fair chance to present both his credentials and findings and not be ignored for not automatically endorsing something that many liberal politicians want us to blindly accept?
- Some critics might say that his views do not count since he is not a climate scientist, he is an electrical engineer with some math degrees? To which I would answer in three parts: first, not being a climate scientist might be a good thing since he might take a view from a whole different point of perspective that a climate scientist would never consider. Second, if he is not qualified than using Bill Nye The Science Guy to support manmade global warming theories is also off limits since he is really not a science guy, I believe his education is in engineering. And finally, Gore and Obama are lawyers so thewy are not nearly as qualified as Dr. Evans.
In any case, an educated person who is heavily involved in global warmng history and modelling now tells us that those models are wrong, making it more realistic for those of us who are global warming doubters to be secure in our beliefs.
2) Hans von Spakovsky writing for the Heritage Foundation, recently discussed some really scary and ridiculous stuff coming out of a group of 20 professors from across the country. According to these 20 professors, if your are a global warming doubter, if you are skeptical about the impact mankind is having on the planet, then the Federal government should arrest you and prosecute you under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.
Yes, having an opinion now in America is grounds for going to jail because according to these professors, you have: “knowingly deceived the American people about the risks of climate change.”
As background, RICO is a Federal law from 1970 as part of the Organized Crime Control Act that is supposed to be used as a tool to go after organized crime, including dangerous drug cartels and Mafia operations. Yes, daring to have an informed opinion that differs from the opinion of these 20 people is grounds to classify you as a mobster or member of a violent drug cartel. No First Amendment rights for you, straight to jail.
How crazy, ridiculous, and dangerous have people in the Al Gore camp become? And how hypocritical. Two of the signees of the letter comes from the University of Washington whose mission statement says that the university wants: “an environment for objectivity and imaginative inquiry and for the original scholarship and research that ensure the production of new knowledge in the free exchange of facts, theories, and ideas.” I guess they forgot to add the part of putting you in Federal prison if your facts, theories, and ideas to not match up with theirs.
If this asinine idea ever took hold, consider the following scenario that could happen. Several years ago, world renowned scientists at the world renowned CERN Institute in Switzerland conducted valid scientific experiments where they conclusively proved that solar activity was responsible for global warming cycles and trends and not mankind. Thus, under the wacky idea proposed by these 20 scientists, the dozens and dozens of scientists from seventeen countries who proved that mankind is not causing global warming would all be prosecuted under the RICO act.
Excerpts for the February 1, 2012 post that we wrote on their findings include the following:
This past summer, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) conducted just such an experiment. Before going into their findings, let's talk a little about CERN.
It is my understanding that CERN is comprised of some of the top physics scientists in the world. I could find no source that disparaged any work that CERN scientists had previously done. CERN is the organizations that is primarily responsible for the development of the World Wide Web and it built the multi billion dollar Large Hadron Collider in Europe. It is affiliated with 8,000 scientists at more than 600 universities in 60 countries. I do not think there is any doubt that CERN is the epitome of scientific research.
Back in the summer, CERN scientists conducted experiments where they actually modeled global warming conditions in a lab environment where they "built a pristinely clean stainless steel chamber that precisely recreated the earth's atmosphere."(Source: European Union Times, September 3, 2011).
The experiments they conducted were carried out by 17 European and American institutes and 63 CERN scientists. Their findings were then written up and published in the highly acclaimed scientific publication/journal, Nature.
Their findings and conclusions: the sun's cosmic rays and their role in cloud formation, rather than man made emissions, are responsible for the earth's warming temperatures. Wow, real scientists working at a prestigious research facility using scientific means concludes that global warming is not caused by anything man is doing.
But under this letter’s proposal, the CERN scientists would go to jail for daring to present an alternative scientific theory to manmade global warming.
But that blog post also contained another example of a world wide famous scientists who would go to jail under this letter’s proposal:
According to a recent article in the Boston Globe by Jeff Jacoby, Ivar Giaever, a Nobel laureate, recently quit as a fellow of the American Physical Society over the Society's unequivocal position that man made global warming is "incontrovertible" and his personal position that no "scientific assertion is so sacred that it cannot be contested."
Yeah, let’s throw a Nobel Laureate in jail for daring to disagree.
Note: Both of these examples and others about being a global warming doubter can be read at:
While the letter is stupid, the concept is dangerous. When we act to use government force to suppress the ideas of others then we are marching down the road of George Orwell’s Big Brother where there is only one truth and that truth is controlled, often brutally, by the political class and the oppressive government functions it operates. Certainly not a scientific approach, is it?
That will do it for today but stayed tuned over the next few days where we continue to update the concept that it is sane and rational to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com