As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control on our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims.
1) Readers of this blog and this series on global warming are aware that when those advocating for global warming laws and restrictions on freedom cannot win an argument on facts, science, and reality they then revert to name calling and insults. Al Gore is the leader in this tactic having called global warming doubters and believers in science homophobes, racists, and and a whole slew of other insults, as if insulting us and calling us names is a smart way to convert our evidence and feelings to his point of view.
We continue to point out these kinds of attacks to prove that more and more these are the only tactics that global warming advocates can use to defend what is becoming more and more a shaky theory. Consider the following hate filled tirade that a Yale University professor, Dr. Timothy Snyder, recently went on in the New York Times:
Hitler spread ecological panic by claiming that only land would bring Germany security and by denying the science that promised alternatives to war. By polluting the atmosphere with greenhouse gases, the United States has done more than any other nation to bring about the next ecological panic, yet it is the only country where climate science is still resisted by certain political and business elites. These deniers tend to present the empirical findings of scientists as a conspiracy and question the validity of science — an intellectual stance that is uncomfortably close to Hitler’s.
Yes, if you are a global warming doubter you are equivalent to the worst tyrant whoever lived. A person who tried to exterminate an entire religion from the face of the earth by killing six million people. A tyrant is is responsible for the deaths of tens of million of people via the second world war. Yes, disagree with me and you are like Hitler. Pathetic way to win an argument and influence people.
Just this week we have pointed out a number of scientists who disagree with the notion that man made global warming and climate change are a reality. Are all those people also like Hitler? Who gets to decide what scientists are like Hitler and which are not, Dr.Snyder? You? Al Gore? Cut the hateful rhetoric and let’s all get together for an adult, mature discussion on climate without the slurs and mudslinging. Life is too short to waste time with people like you who would rather name call than problem solve.
2) Would Dr. Snyder also call researchers at Arizona State University Hitler-like for their recent scientific study that shows Africa is actually going against the forecasted trend of gloom and doom from global warming advocates and forecast models? The Arizona State University researchers found that climate changes over the past few decades has actually saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of Africans from extreme poverty, starvation, and early death,
According to recent Breitbart reporting: “The study shows that the West African Sahel – part of the semiarid strip just south of the Sahara desert, which spans the African continent from the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea – has been steadily “regreening” since the severe droughts of the 1970s and 1980s which killed more than 100,000 people. Among the reasons for the “regreening” are increased rainfall, the beneficial effects of increased atmospheric CO2 on plant growth and the ingenuity of farmers (“community-led conservation efforts) in this harsh, marginal region.”
Thus, rather than famine, hunger, and other calamities predicted by global warming advocates (see Susan Rice’s hysteria in yesterday’s post), at least throughout Africa, changing climate, for whatever reason, has been a good thing for humanity.
3) The Townhall website recently pointed out that we have gone through another hurricane season that has been extremely mild with no major storms hitting the U.S. from either the Atlantic or Pacific oceans. As a relatively recent immigrant to central Florida, having arrived in the state in 2005, I have not experienced ANY hurricanes or very serious storms in the past ten years.
Which was NOT supposed to happen. Global warming advocates for years predicted dire consequences with Mother Nature unleashing unbelievably powerful storms and hurricanes in increasing frequency as mankind continued to spew carbon into the air and accelerate global warming.
What I especially enjoyed in the Townhall article was the following sarcastic paragraph and the calamities that global warming was causing:
Global warming is preventing the ice caps from melting, wreaking havoc on Antarctic research stationsd by preventing easy access for resupply ships due to the accumulation of sea ice, and expanded the Arctic Ice Cap by 533,000 square miles. Global temperatures have stagnated for nearly 16 years, and we’ve seen some of the quietest tornado seasons on record. In 2013, it was the calmest tornado season in six decades. In 2015, the tornado count is 59 percent below average.
No wonder why the CIA shut down its climate research program
Reality sucks, especially when your forecast models are utter failures in their prediction of dire natural calamities as a result of manmade global warming and climate change.
4) One last discussion point for this month’s update on being a global warming doubter and a believer in science. As many people have pointed out, there is a point of view that there is a vicious but conscious cycle in place between some politicians who want more control over our lives and climate scientists who advocate for man made global warming and climate change.
These politicians who thirst for control and power need anything that sounds scientific to prove that manmade global warming, climate change is a danger to humanity and scientists need government/taxpayer funding to continue to have a job and income. This relationship often has caused the scientific process and appraoch to be compromised as we have seen in the various email system hacks that have occurred over the years. These hacked emails have shown scientists willing to forfeit the integrity of their work in order to keep the government grant money coming to them.
Such is the case in the following alleged facts about a George Mason climate scientist who has been using taxpayer money to live a very good life:
- Jagadish Shukla is a professor at George Mason University and was a recent signee, along with 19 other professors, of a letter to the Justice Department which recommended that global warming doubters be tried under the RICO act as gangsters and racketeers.
- But he is now under investigation by Congress for abusing taxpayer money and grants he received with Congressman Lamar Smith having formally requested all relevant documents from Dr. Shukla regarding a non-profit organization called The Institute Of Global Environment and Society, an entity that was heavily and/or totally funded with taxpayer wealth.
- Smith’s Congressional committee is investigating two issues with the professor. The first question is if the institute is involved in “partisan political activity,” activity which is forbidden and illegal since the Institute, as a non-profit entity, is forbidden to do.
- The second issue is to find out exactly what happened with the whopping $63 million in taxpayer funded grants the Institute received since there is apparently very little in the way of publications and research that has been generated for that $63 million.
- Despite publishing very little, news reports contend that the professor and his wife allegedly personally pocketed over $800,000 a year in both 2013 and 2014.
- According to Steve McIntyre, well known global warming skeptic, investigator, and researcher, as far back as 2001 Shukla was drawing a salary from George Mason University and that he and his wife received almost $215,000 from the Institute.
- By 2004, he and his wife were drawing down about $400,000 from the Institute and by 2013 they were getting $547,000 just from the Institute.
- By 2014 the Shuklas’ daughter was now employed at the Institute and the Institute had donated $100,000 to support a charity in India...that Shukla himself had founded.
- Apparently under Federal law, it is illegal for state employees to be paid for doing work that they are also being paid for doing by a state government.
- Since George Mason is a state university, Shuklas is a state employee and there is the potential crime being done where he is drawing Federal money for doing the same work that he is doing as a state employee, in this case, a college professor.
- Besides breaking the law, George Mason might be entitled to the half of the $63 million that the Shuklas have taken from the American taxpayer.
- Former Virginia State University Climatologist, Pat Michaels, one who Shukla and nineteen others who signed the Justice Department letter might be affected by that RICO letter, has publicly called the Shukla set-up as “the largest science scandal in US history.”
While I do not think this is the largest scandal in history, I would bet it is the largest global warming scandal in history if true. Hopefully, Congressman Smith and his Congressional committee case find the truth and hand out appropriate criminal punishment.
But this whole scandal illustrates how incestuous the relationship is between political operatives like Gore and Obama who want so much more control over our lives and freedoms via a highly shaky global warming/climate change theory and the scientists who are willing to give them fake scientific fodder for their position in return for perpetual taxpayer funding.
I am not saying that all scientists who support global warming theories are out of integrity. But the potential for massive fraud and deception is underway today in the whole field and scientific integrity needs to be restored so that we make the right decisions based on ALL available science, date, and realities. And those scientists who fail to live up to accept levels of scientific integrity and inquiry should be punished as necessary for either their ethical or criminal activities.
That will do it to this month’s series on global warming. It is just another month where we again prove it is perfectly logical and sane to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com